Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

This reminds me of the cancelled New Warriors run with Snowflake and Safespace.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Yeah, that definitely came to mind. Marvel prefers to quietly brush stuff under the rug, rather than publicly announce that they messed up.

Maybe this used to be the name of the Dead X-men mini? I mean, they were supposed to be the “new” X-men…
    Probably not, but who knows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Except in this case, there wasn't even enough announced for people to be sceptical or negative about.

Looking at how Children of the Atom turned out, one might wonder if New Warriors would have similary ended mostly forgotten, because of ultimatley just not being good or bad enough to be memorable?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yeah, that definitely came to mind. Marvel prefers to quietly brush stuff under the rug, rather than publicly announce that they messed up.
    To be fair, it's also not the first comic series announced or even solicited but never made or published.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Maybe this used to be the name of the Dead X-men mini? I mean, they were supposed to be the “new” X-men…
    Probably not, but who knows.
    Yeah what’s weird about it is that Marvel could have easily played it off as just saying a “new” team was being introduced. Could have worked with Dead X-Men, FoTHoX, or RotPoX. But alas I’m not on their marketing team.

Astonishing Member

I could see it having been the original name for Dead X-Men....Foxe said recently that he was working on this well before the Hellfire Gala actually happened, and it is a time-travel adventure which fits the AOA style font that was used for the initial tease announcement...especially if Dead X-Men ends up tying in at all with Foxe's Unlimited story from last Christmas, when Xavier went to an AOA style reality w/Moira leading a resistance team.