Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

IMG_3588.jpg

I didn’t think Marvel would do it, but Irene’s is a bit thick about the waist…
    If they do go there, then my guess is they used Azazel’s magic to help Irene conceive, Azazel double crosses them, trying to twist the foetus into a demon. The trauma drives Irene insane, she wants the baby dead and Mystique, reluctantly chucks it off the waterfall.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    IMG_3588.jpg

If they do go there, then my guess is they used Azazel’s magic to help Irene conceive, Azazel double crosses them, trying to twist the foetus into a demon. The trauma drives Irene insane, she wants the baby dead and Mystique, reluctantly chucks it off the waterfall.
    This sounds about right or I expect a variation of what you just described anyway. Raven touching Irene's abdomen is a dead giveaway of what they're going to reveal here I think...

Incredible Member

So Blindfold is Destiny's great-granddaughter, right?

Maybe they're just doing this so Nightcrawler becomes Legion's uncle-in-law?

IMG_3588.jpg

Let's gooooooo, Lesbians! Wooooooooooooo--

Dauterman the GOD! Also loving this theory. Rings true to me!

Astonishing Member

As someone who hasn't really been following the current X-books, apart from the odd exception, I'm pretty indifferent to this, albeit mildly curious. I read about this theory years ago, so interesting to see it brought to fruition.

For me, about the only non-negotiable aspect of Nightcrawler's background is Mystique being his mother (or father, as in this case, I suppose ). Frankly, I was disappointed that the movies never really explored their relationship, despite both the original trilogy and the First Class films featuring Kurt and Raven in scenes together. Azazel was promoted as being Nightcrawler's father in the lead-up to X-men First Class and that movie ends with Mystique and Azazel both ending up as founding members of the Brotherhood, so it really felt like they were setting up Kurt's birth...only for them to have Raven meet Kurt in X-men Apocalypse with zero acknowledgement of their relationship (in contrast to the Magneto-Quicksilver relationship which is very much acknowleged).

As for the people saying that this would be too controversial because of the trans themes - honestly, I don't think you can compare what Mystique does to any kind of real-life transition process. Just treat it as a weird sci-fi thing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

When is this issue coming out?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    As someone who hasn't really been following the current X-books, apart from the odd exception, I'm pretty indifferent to this, albeit mildly curious. I read about this theory years ago, so interesting to see it brought to fruition.

For me, about the only non-negotiable aspect of Nightcrawler's background is Mystique being his mother (or father, as in this case, I suppose ). Frankly, I was disappointed that the movies never really explored their relationship, despite both the original trilogy and the First Class films featuring Kurt and Raven in scenes together. Azazel was promoted as being Nightcrawler's father in the lead-up to X-men First Class and that movie ends with Mystique and Azazel both ending up as founding members of the Brotherhood, so it really felt like they were setting up Kurt's birth...only for them to have Raven meet Kurt in X-men Apocalypse with zero acknowledgement of their relationship (in contrast to the Magneto-Quicksilver relationship which is very much acknowleged).

As for the people saying that this would be too controversial because of the trans themes - honestly, I don't think you can compare what Mystique does to any kind of real-life transition process. Just treat it as a weird sci-fi thing.
    Re the bolded, don’t get me wrong, I’ve wanted Raven and Irene to be his parents since that gorgeous Marvel Fanfare issue in about ‘82? The one where Raven meets Ororo in the nightclub. And part of that was indeed because it was SFnal and a truly mutant way of reproducing. I just didn’t think Marvel would.

I used the three parent resolution in a fanfic a couple of years back, but I used Belasco who is a much more interesting villain than Azazel. And Belasco started out as a human, so no taint in Kurt precious mutant DNA.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It should be Irene touching Mystique's stomach as it was Mystique who was very much pregnant with and gave birth to Nightcrawler, not Irene. Unless...it's Mystique shapeshifting to look like Irene/a normal woman initially as she was Raven while married to the Baron Wagner.

It's a cover so...it really could mean anything.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-18-2023 at 02:47 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Claremont's original intentions aside I'm not sure what this really adds at this point.

Irene looks pretty young there. Shouldn't she already be kind of old by the time Kurt is born?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Irene looks pretty young there. Shouldn't she already be kind of old by the time Kurt is born?
    Irene was and still is as a matter of fact. Moreover, if Raven can really alter her very DNA to the point that she can alternate between XX and XY shouldn't she be capable of altering her DNA to fool a Sentinel into registering her as a Baseline Human or even a Dolphin at will?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Irene was and still is as a matter of fact. Moreover, if Raven can really alter her very DNA to the point that she can alternate between XX and XY shouldn't she be capable of altering her DNA to fool a Sentinel into registering her as a Baseline Human or even a Dolphin at will?
    Maybe the ambit of her powers extends to changing her chromosomes, but not affecting her X-gene?

Which would make sense I suppose...the X-gene is what enables her to change everything else, so it has to be the one constant.

By the same token, she cannot modify her X-gene to gain other mutant's abilities.

IMG_3588.jpg

That is the story we need. AMEN!! Just imagine they would undo DRACO!

I think they regard men are useless. Rogue was the only member of their crew that they loved and respected. Maybe the new canon is that Destiny foresaw Rogue being their daughter, conceived a child thinking Rogue would be the result and chucked Kurt off a cliff as soon as he comes out Not!Rogue.

Raven and Irene are old-old, from the life is harsh and short days. Abandoning newborn children was not uncommon pre the modern era, per Wikipedia and multiple plays/books/poems. Maybe Raven is actually a Spartan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I would like to suggest some words for you to look on the dictionary, they're called:

- Theory
    - Guess
    - Speculation
    Wait... Are you actually trying to say Azazel and Raven didn't have at least one night of passionate sex? Because, I could do as you suggest by looking up those words but doing so isn't going to change the pages I posted of the two getting it on as well as Raven murdering the Baron in bed sometime later at Azazel behest...