Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default 'X-Men Blue: Origins' #1 Reveals the Truth Behind Nightcrawler's Birth

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=226061057

Just announced at San Diego Comic-Con, 'X-Men Blue: Origins' #1 brings readers an X-story decades in the making this November.

Just now, fans gathered at the Designing the X-Men: A This Week in Marvel Special Event panel at San Diego Comic-Con to score a behind-the-scenes look at the current state of X-Men and get a tease at what’s next for the mutant mythos straight from Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, Senior Editor Jordan D. White, Editor Sarah Brunstad, and more!

Amongst exciting teasers for the X-Men’s next era was the announcement of a brand-new one-shot that will shed light on a historic Marvel Comics mystery: X-MEN BLUE: ORIGINS #1! Written by mind-bending X-Men scribe Si Spurrier and drawn by acclaimed artist Wilton Santos, X-MEN BLUE: ORIGINS #1 will at long last provide the definitive origin story for Nightcrawler!

Since his earliest days with the X-Men under writer Chris Claremont, the circumstances of Nightcrawler’s birth has been the subject of rumors, half-truths, and heartbreak. Now, Spurrier—who’s guided the character through the Krakoan age as well his upcoming journey through FALL OF X in UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN—clears away all the lies you’ve been told and delivers the truth about Mystique and Nightcrawler once and for all!

This is the one you can’t miss, True Believer! You think you know how the beloved blue devil came into this troubled world? You think you know the tale of his mendacious mamma Mystique? You don't! Mother and son reunite in a mold-shattering tale that exposes secrets held for decades and redefines both characters forever!

"It’s not often you get the chance to shine new light into the origins of a truly beloved character. To do so for two at once is an unprecedented privilege," Spurrier shared. "With this book, we’re breaking new ground in more ways than one. We’re walking this path with the deepest love for Nightcrawler and Mystique, and the deepest respect for the formative stories that surround them."

"And yet… by shifting perspective… by wondering which parts of the standard history can be trusted and which are unreliable… by climbing into the minds and memories of mother and son alike… we’re enriching their shared tale in a way that will cast fertile shadows across everything they do from now onwards. This is one of those books that will be discussed for years to come," he teased.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wonder if they'll get rid of Azazel and make Mystique and Destiny his biological parents.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I wonder if they'll get rid of Azazel and make Mystique and Destiny his biological parents.
    Yes please!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Is this a one shot or a mini?

BANNED

So retcon incoming?

The one retcon that pretty much everyone would be okay with. I sure hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Is this a one shot or a mini?
    It's a one-shot. I wonder if it'll become a regular thing for other characters if it does well.

Bruh Spurrier is the king of random one-shots… why this not just an issue of Uncanny Spider-Man? Was fighting the Rhino more important than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Bruh Spurrier is the king of random one-shots… why this not just an issue of Uncanny Spider-Man? Was fighting the Rhino more important than this?
    A X-Men #1 is going to sell better than USM #4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I wonder why you would even believe that could happen even in a comic book...

BANNED

The obvious problem with a retcon; why are he and Azazel similar?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The one retcon that pretty much everyone would be okay with. I sure hope it happens.
    Speak for yourself , even Chris Claremont himself apparently approved of Chuck Austen’s addition to his origin which is why he immediately referenced it in the very first issue of his 2004 return to being head X-writerX and CC is notorious for absolutely ignoring any and all changes to his pet characters by other writers (which is why Sunspot suddenly inexplicably lost the ability to fly with his powers when he headed the Los Angeles branch of X-Corporation), at least as much as possible (which is why he only grudgingly barely acknowledged that Betsy’s Oriental body was actually Kwannon)

Anyway such an obviously controversial move to suddenly make prime-reality Mystique , (when multiversal Raven has become one of their most prominent female characters (maybe their most publicly prominent female mutant along with Ororo and Jean)
    have her powers expand to be a pansexual transman capable of impregnating a female , and thus have prime-reality Nightcrawler, one of their most prominent male characters (and their maybe their most prominent animal-looking male mutant along with Henry/Hank) be the offspring of such a union , would be sure sociopolitical suicide for Disney-Marvel* at a time when “trans”rights is now the hottest issue in the 21st century AD/CE global cultural wars

If you love Disney-Marvel , or at least it’s intellectual properties , if not the mega corporation itself , enough to not want it to be the victim of the global alt-right , you will not want to expose them to such a certain risk of being their target even more than they already are .

They didn’t allow Mother Righteous to be a gender-swapped clone of Mister Sinister , but they’re going to allow this , which is much more over-the-top?! I most highly and deeply doubt it indeed !

* especially when their no.1 foe right now is a wRONg DeSantismonious, far-right puritan demagogue who could possibly be the next POTUS , and thus the most powerful human on Earth tsk tsk tsk
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 07-20-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This was originally described as a story exploring Mystique's origin so I expect it to be more about that and only by extension what that means for Kurt. The parents will not be retconned (which I would hope someone at Marvel recognizes the problem in marketing a book as the truth and that the other book was not the truth although it was supposed to be)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm not sure how exactly they're going to swing "Raven was never pregnant with Kurt" at this stage

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    A X-Men #1 is going to sell better than USM #4
    I'm not sure honestly, Spidey is a license to print money