Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The obvious problem with a retcon; why are he and Azazel similar?
    There are folks in the real world who look shockingly similar and are completely unrelated. It's just a genetic coincidence, you could say.

Dooooo it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    There are folks in the real world who look shockingly similar and are completely unrelated. It's just a genetic coincidence, you could say.
    Mystique and Copycat are bother entirely unrelated, but are both shape shifters with natural blue skin in their "default" forms. Then there is the Morlock Pixie who has a very similar physical mutation and powerset to Academy X Pixie (despite not being half fairy). There have been 3 mutants named Quill with roughly the same power set and resulting appearance. Both Wolfsbane and Wolf Cub can turn into similar wolf hybrid forms.

And there are likely more cases of mutants not only having similar or identical powerset but even similar physical altered forms related or unrelated to them.

So yeah, they could very well write it off as simply the X-gene repeating a pattern.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Let me guess Mystique is NOT his Mother.

I think we need to take this to Maury.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post

I think we need to take this to Maury.
    LMAO! Good one my friend.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm not sure honestly, Spidey is a license to print money
    For publishing, a #1 trumps all. At least the way Marvel’s sale department thinks about it nowadays.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm not sure how exactly they're going to swing "Raven was never pregnant with Kurt" at this stage
    They don't have to, Raven is omnifarious and can change her appearance, gender, and DNA with but a thought, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-20-2023 at 06:55 PM.

The obvious problem with a retcon; why are he and Azazel similar?
    You could say that the man’s form that Mystique took when she impregnated Destiny was Azazel’s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    You could say that the man’s form that Mystique took when she impregnated Destiny was Azazel’s.
    That works for me. Honestly, I am taking a "by any means" stance on this one, like with the goal of making Kamala Khan a mutant. Don't really care about Azazel, and if they want Destiny and Mystique to be the parents, just do it.

Pretty sure we're stuck with Azazel...

...BUT, I trust Spurrier's explanation for them will be better than Austen's "Master manipulator Mystique got played by this not-even-smooth-talking red teleporty guy who likes to spread his seed around, make a lot of babies, abandon them, and bring them all back for whatever he wanted his babies to do..."

One thing the cartoon did well - better than X-Men Unlimited, actually - was that it really dug into that you can't really trust what Mystique says about the day.

That said... At this point, I'm perfectly okay if Margali is erased from history. I'm over her.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would not mind at all if they made Mystique Kurt's father and Destiny his mother, but that's not something I expect to happen (not because anyone wont "allow" it...just dont expect it) I do feel we are stuck with Azazel especially since he will be co-opted into Dark X-Men.

However, I do like Margali Szardos and hope they do not jettison her (or Amanda whom we do not see nearly enough of.)

BANNED

That works for me. Honestly, I am taking a "by any means" stance on this one, like with the goal of making Kamala Khan a mutant. Don't really care about Azazel, and if they want Destiny and Mystique to be the parents, just do it.
    Where is the amusement in that? Raven: Kurt? You're not like other mutants, you're special, you have two biological mommies.

I'm confused by the X-Men: Blue Origins title. Is there an X-Men Blue coming?

I would love for Mystique to be Nightcrawlers father and Destiny his mother as I believe Claremont intended. However Si being the one to write it makes me nervous.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Where is the amusement in that? Raven: Kurt? You're not like other mutants, you're special, you have two biological mommies.
    They were secret lovers in a time when loving who they love was unspeakable. Revealing that they conceived and never told anyone in their typical lying/lying-by-omission fashions would be neat. And it would be sweet, even if they are assholes lol.

I can't see what would be the point of this if not to do the Mystique and Destiny thing. That's one of the things that gets brought up as a "things that didn't happen because of Comics Code/general homophobia" all the time. It's also a fitting moment since Destiny has been brought back fairly recently, has been getting interactions with Rogue, and we've had Kurt and Mystique interacting more often than in previous eras thanks to being on the council.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Because she's the father.