Extraordinary Member

Default Knight Terrors: Angel Breaker #1 Preview

Knight Terrors: Angel Breaker #1 Preview
    Writer: Tim Seeley
    Artist: Acky Bright

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'll admit I'm a bit out of the loop with DC these days, is Angel Breaker a new character?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

She was introduced in that Shadow War mini-event which was last year I think? Was a member of the League of Shadows working for Talia during that and has some sort of past with Black Canary.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'll admit I'm a bit out of the loop with DC these days, is Angel Breaker a new character?
    Yeah, she was created by Joshua Williamson for the Batman: Shadow War event. She has some sort of a past/connection with both Black Canary and Ghost-maker. She's also appeared in Harley Quinn and WILDCATS.

Define "new".

Looks like she was in last year's Shadow War stuff and is connected to Talia al Ghul / League of Assassins.

Wow, okay, not surprising then. I only skim-read some of that "event" but don't remember her.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Wow, okay, not surprising then. I only skim-read some of that "event" but don't remember her.
    Yeah, I read that even too and I don't remember her...why is she getting a tie in? I was hoping this was the title for an Azrael tie in.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

You can tell this is a Tim Seeley comic because it's both colorful and horny.

Also...Raptor! If he and Angel Breaker don't hook up by the end of this series I'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtguardian View Post
    yeah, i read that even too and i don't remember her...why is she getting a tie in? I was hoping this was the title for an azrael tie in.
    yeeesssssssssssssss!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also...Raptor! If he and Angel Breaker don't hook up by the end of this series I'll be disappointed.
    To be fair, I actually liked Raptor.

As is often the case, once the creator left he's kind of been a jobber. I think he was killed off once, but got better I guess.

Nightwing actually has the potential for a great rogues gallery but outside of a few, his villains become background jobbers or disappear. Did the Tad Ryerstad/Nite-Wing story even get a payoff?