Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Think R2's kind of a mix between remote control and a small actor since day one. Think a lot of what Kenny did was honestly a lot of moving the 'suit' when he was in place and had to rotate and nod, but the rest was done by remote (although harder to control in those days) when R2 was moving around. Isn't as easy as it sounds, imagine being in the Tunisia desert in that thing (Same goes for Anthony Daniels and 3PO) and remote control used to be hell on film sets with all the other signals going around.

One of the Mythbusters, Adam Savage I think was very involved with the R2 stuff for the prequels I think.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

I don't know that a full recast right off the bat would work, but if the Lando series (now film) works, I could see an untold tales of the Rebellion era working for characters like Bail Organa and Captain Antilles.

We're getting a bit of that with Obi-Wan and Andor I think; I think it's very possible Bail will show up in Andor season 2.

For Antilles maybe Rolan Nichol from ROTS could come back; another actor played him in Rogue One (Of course both are re-casts of the original actor Peter Geddis who passed in 2018).

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

If its remaking the original trilogy would be a really low point for Disney in its current state. And with the possibility of AI voices and more nostalgia bait would be even worse...

But new original material with a recast about the characters more in their prime? Yeah.. that'd be interesting.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am fine with Disney recasting the originals for younger roles if they do it well. I thought Solo was done pretty well and would love to see Ehrenreich return to the role, the movie was far better than the twitter whiners made it out to be and it was released at a bad time, it's a good solid movie. That being said, I would prefer they pepper in those movies/shows amongst others that do not involve the Skywalker cast. There's so much to explore and bring back in from the Legacy novels (please someone use the Yhuuzan Vong), but there's a huge amount of history prior to Anakin and literally the stars are the limits for post Skywalker.

BUT it has to be well done. We dont need them just crapping out movies and shows just because it's popular.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I really don't have any interest in new starwars Characters I just want to see Luke Skywalker Han and the others they recast batman bound and others so why not starwars? Can it work and would you want that as a future move?
    https://deadline.com/2023/10/matthew...235578850/amp/

Matthew Vaughn of "Kick ass", "Kingsman" and "X-men first class" would be interested in a Star Wars reboot.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I wouldn't be interested in a reboot at all, give me Grogu and some new jedi facing a new problem though and I'd watch it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I wouldn't be interested in a reboot at all, give me Grogu and some new jedi facing a new problem though and I'd watch it.
    This. Give me new stories with the old characters, either in animation or live-action, and that can be cgi de-aging or recasting I don't much care which. And give me stories with new characters, like Din and Grogu. But for f*ck's sake don't reboot. The hell is that gonna accomplish?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This. Give me new stories with the old characters, either in animation or live-action, and that can be cgi de-aging or recasting I don't much care which. And give me stories with new characters, like Din and Grogu. But for f*ck's sake don't reboot. The hell is that gonna accomplish?
    An animated series with the OT characters would actually be really fun, we've had years of comics that told stories between the raindrops so to speak, why not a cartoon?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Guess they're mainly leaving that to the comics, not even the Disney canon novels or games kind of explore the Luke/Han/Leia OT era, mostly side characters or overall minor ones like Tarkin, or stuff leading to the sequel trilogy like Shadow of the Sith (Telling the story of Luke & Lando teaming up and how that connected to happened to Rey's family) and Bloodline (Leia forming the resistance). Even Battlefront II only has a small Han and Leia cameo.

Although there were those Forces of Destiny shorts which kind of had OT characters outside of the films, Rebels had Leia once or twice as well.

On a similar vein, an Indiana Jones cartoon would've been an ideal way to keep that franchise going I believe due to the age issues of Harrison Ford, and I'm sure David Filoni would've liked to do something of that nature, but nothing's ever been attempted unfortunately.... (or it was, but Dial of Destiny flopping kind of killed a planned Disney+ project)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-21-2023 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Guess they're mainly leaving that to the comics, not even the Disney canon novels or games kind of explore the Luke/Han/Leia OT era, mostly side characters or overall minor ones like Tarkin, or stuff leading to the sequel trilogy like Shadow of the Sith (Telling the story of Luke & Lando teaming up and how that connected to happened to Rey's family) and Bloodline (Leia forming the resistance). Even Battlefront II only has a small Han and Leia cameo.

Although there were those Forces of Destiny shorts which kind of had OT characters outside of the films, Rebels had Leia once or twice as well.

On a similar vein, an Indiana Jones cartoon would've been an ideal way to keep that franchise going I believe due to the age issues of Harrison Ford, and I'm sure David Filoni would've liked to do something of that nature, but nothing's ever been attempted unfortunately.... (or it was, but Dial of Destiny flopping kind of killed a planned Disney+ project)
    It's always seemed kind of weird to me, it's been mined heavily in comics so it would seem a no brainer to do an OT cartoon.

The old Marvel comics of course did it to, although at that time there really wasn't a dedicated Star Wars novel line outside of the Han and Lando stuff, movie adaptations, and Splinter of The Mind's Eye.

Although in the 90's EU and a lot of the stuff afterwards, it was the novels that mostly took on Luke and co's continuing adventures or unseen OT ones while the comics (Now part of Dark Horse)-outside of Dark Empire and the Thrawn adaptations-mainly dealt with Prequel/Clone Wars stuff, side characters (Rogue Squadron) new creations (Crimson Empire) or stuff far removed from the movies (Tales of the Jedi, Legacy, KOTOR, The Star Wars etc.) although this started to change a bit after the prequels wrapped up, or the cartoon started become the main source of prequel media.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's always seemed kind of weird to me, it's been mined heavily in comics so it would seem a no brainer to do an OT cartoon.
    The Clone Wars was my intro to Star Wars so giving the OT a cartoon would've helped me be more attached to them.

I didn't watch the OT till College so I'm not that invested in revisiting it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-23-2023 at 09:44 AM.

I'm hoping they do one for the high republic soon.

There's the Young Jedi Adventures one but that's not exactly intended for older fans.

Plus they probably set it during the HR era since one set during the prequels or the earlier sequel era would kind of make one wonder what became of these padawans...