Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i love liefeld just look at the sales his artwork isnt for everybody and his stories wont win any awards but tsometimes you just need some comics that are pure fun and you can see he really gives it his when he creates draws books. Hell deadpool bad blood is easily the best deadpool has been written since the duggan run and it s nt even close
    He’s one of the few writers who gives a crap about Cable, so for that reason alone I cut him some slack. I loved the reference to Cable’s having multiple safe houses in Badder Blood. That was always a cool feature of the character. This notion that he made a lot of money thanks to his future knowledge (and making strategic investments) as well as his mercenary work, and thus had kickass safe houses in places like Switzerland and whatnot.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I want to joke and say he's obviously blackmailing someone at Marvel, but, I'm not even sure if it's a joke anymore at the rate he keeps dropping work for them
    Is any of the work he's done been good, like in the last 10 years?

I'm not a fan of Liefeld's art, and I really don't like Major X. I couldn't even finish reading the mini series that the character debuted in. I'm definitely not going to spend money reading about that guy again.

But I do believe that Liefeld does deserve a lot more credit than he receives. The guy was one of the last writers/artists who was able to attract readers in the 8 to 12 year old range in large numbers. Even today a lot of those younger readers in that age group prefer his art to other artists when I show it to them.

Plus he is the guy who created Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Shatterstar and many of the other characters that appeared in early issues of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Remember. No feet.

- Liefeld
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I like Rob Liefeld's enthusiasm more than I like his art and writing, but he clearly has his followers and genuine passion for all things X so I don't mind him contributing to the X-line every now and then. Plus it's always side stuff that doesn't really impact anything anyway.

Yeah he still brings in the sales and gets to play in his own X-World so more power to him. Someone somewhere saw that Major X cover and said “omg yes!!!!”, and I’m happy for them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    How the hell does he keep getting work?
    Ditto I say... Ditto

Spectacular Member

No. I just can’t handle Rob ‘no feet’ Liefeld anymore. Please leave us alone and retire.

BANNED

I don't recognize this frame. What title and issue is it from? I miss the X-51 when he had the Sentinel upgrade.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-22-2023 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm not a fan of Liefeld's art, and I really don't like Major X. I couldn't even finish reading the mini series that the character debuted in. I'm definitely not going to spend money reading about that guy again.

But I do believe that Liefeld does deserve a lot more credit than he receives. The guy was one of the last writers/artists who was able to attract readers in the 8 to 12 year old range in large numbers. Even today a lot of those younger readers in that age group prefer his art to other artists when I show it to them.

Plus he is the guy who created Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Shatterstar and many of the other characters that appeared in early issues of X-Force.
    That's a good point though. That he is STILL a draw for teenagers.

I could do without him, and the toxicity he brings with him (over "masculinity", homophobia, disgusting "sexy" women, etc.)

He's only a draw for me because of Cable and the way he writes him... competent, mysterious, badass... as he should be. Don't care as much for his Deadpool actually, and his Wolverine is atrociously one-note... just a simple berserker who is there to slash stuff. But he writes a good Nathan and remembers all of the stuff that makes him cool, from his safe houses to his technology to his personality quirks. Al Ewing had a really good handle on Cable too, even giving him a great sense of humor. Really hoping he gets him back after Genesis War in X-men Red and the Children of the Vault mini wraps up.

Astonishing Member

I've been out of the loop. Can he draw Feet yet ?

Not well, no. But he is making the attempt in the cover with Major X on it. Actually, those aren't bad feet... the character himself, however... woof. The world could've done without Major X ever being invented honestly. With Cable himself being a convoluted offspring of two major X-men characters, I'm not sure that Rob really thought through how well a carbon copy of such a concept would be received... if he thought that particular bolt of lightning would strike twice, well, he was mistaken... at least IMO.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-23-2023 at 09:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If anyone ever needed proof that Marvel is a company primarily concerned with making money rather than art, they need look no further than the fact that Liefeld continues to get work. I would just shrug it off and say it’s not for me, especially since none of his stuff seems to be in canon, but the man is world class *******.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah he still brings in the sales and gets to play in his own X-World so more power to him. Someone somewhere saw that Major X cover and said “omg yes!!!!”, and I’m happy for them.
    That "someone" is Liefeld.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.