Default Abe Sapien - Volume 5: Sacred Places

Last edited by middenway; 05-27-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Updating cover link

Nothing against that cover, but it sure is sad to see Mignola off of TPB covers...

I'm glad his time will be devoted more to Hellboy in Hell, but change is always hard to accept

Quote Originally Posted by mscorley View Post
    Nothing against that cover, but it sure is sad to see Mignola off of TPB covers...

I'm glad his time will be devoted more to Hellboy in Hell, but change is always hard to accept
    I'm sure he'll still be doing the covers for the omnibuses.

All-New Member

Gorgeous cover! I see a frog monster and a bell. I'm concerned...

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    Gorgeous cover! I see a frog monster and a bell. I'm concerned...
    Sunken bells are tolling for thee. Out of the caverns of Num-Yabisc, dark and terrible and deep, the ocean is calling her children home.

Yeah, I think that's a good reason to worry.

Looks pretty good. Agreed on the sadness in not getting Mignola covers, but if that's what it takes to keep Hellboy in Hell moving at a decent pace, then I can live with it. Crazy that this cover is out when the book is still almost a year away too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Looks pretty good. Agreed on the sadness in not getting Mignola covers, but if that's what it takes to keep Hellboy in Hell moving at a decent pace, then I can live with it. Crazy that this cover is out when the book is still almost a year away too.
    Dark Horse changed distributors from Diamond to Random House. So it means that book information comes out when the next season of Random House novels are announced instead of when solicitations come out. Covers are usually done about a year in advance though, so nothing has changed too much behind the scenes.

That's interesting. Does that affect the day the pace at which bookstores/amazon get the books? I did notice my amazon preorders showing up right after the release date rather than a couple weeks later

Edit: nevermind. Doesn't start till June 1st. Must just be a coincidence