Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Beast World by Tom Taylor and Ivan Reis

DC's Titans are being recalibrated to be the flagship superhero team of the publisher as part of its 'Dawn of DC' initiative, and now the team has their first major crossover event: Beast World.

Announced during DC's Jim Lee & Friends panel at SDCC 2023, Titans: Beast World will feature the one-time Teen Titans attempting to find off what the publisher calls "an unprecendent threat to the DC Universe": The Necrostar, a Sea Star like Starro but "far more frightening."

Looks like a job for.... nope. According to DC, this isn't a threat Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman can handle. The secret weapon to stop it all is Beast Boy, of the Titans.

"With Nightwing, Raven, Cyborg and the Titans beside him, can Garfield Logan rise to battle an ancient evil? Or is he doomed to become the greatest threat to the DC Universe?" reads DC's description of the event. "What will Amanda Waller do to take advantage of the situation as millions of people are changed into rampaging creatures? And can humanity survive all-powerful Super Heroes and Super-Villains transformed into ferocious beasts?"

It will not only tie into the Titans ongoing series but also Taylor's other ongoing DC book, Nightwing.

“I’m beyond excited to bring this DC crossover event to life starting in November with our new Titans: Beast World series, featuring art by the incomparable Ivan Reis. ‘Beast World’ will also thread the needle between the current series that I’m writing about the Titans,” said writer Tom Taylor. “Friends will fall. Super Heroes will rise. And nothing will ever be the same again. Earth is about to become...Beast World.”

The event will begin with October 24's Tales of the Titans #4.

DC's Beast World #1 goes on sale in November 2023, witht he series expected to run through January 204.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I guess. Hopefully its good.

I'm more interested in how Donna/Kory will add to the event as they often get sidelined as just part of the team.

I’m guessing this will mainly crossover between Nightwing and Titans in parts like Shadow War or Witching Hour or the upcoming Gotham War? Maybe a tie-in one-shot or two.

Either way I’m down for this, I like Taylor’s work and I like the Titans. Can’t wait to see it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm all in!

Especially with Ivan Reis on board!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Never did I belive Taylor would do his own crossover. A BeastBoy centric story is good idea considering the upcoming animated work . By the time it comes out this will be collectible as a trade. Synergy

Ah hell yeah, Beast Wars crossover with D.C comics...

Wait an event centered around the worst Titan?

Well, that's money saved.

Ivan Reis is a great get, I guess Injustice and DCeased were "practice" for Taylor writing an event comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I guess. Hopefully its good.

I'm more interested in how Donna/Kory will add to the event as they often get sidelined as just part of the team.
    Agreed, it has been a while since these two got anything meaningful to do, so I hope Taylor will at least try to give all the members some attention.

DC heroes turned into animals. So JLApe part 2?

The premise sounds very silly.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Sounds like a fun premise to me and the tie-ins to the main story will hopefully be meaningful since they're mostly written by Taylor. Ivan Reis on art is always a treat, can't wait to see more of his renditions of the current team.

Astonishing Member

Oh, cool - some "money where their mouth is" about the Titans being the Premiere Team. Sounds fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    DC heroes turned into animals. So JLApe part 2?

The premise sounds very silly.
    Hopefully we aren't getting another skip month where every title is replaced by animal version.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Sounds like a fun premise to me and the tie-ins to the main story will hopefully be meaningful since they're mostly written by Taylor. Ivan Reis on art is always a treat, can't wait to see more of his renditions of the current team.
    ^^^I'm of like mind. Bring it on!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Alright I can dig this. The concept at least sounds pretty pretty novel so hopefully we get some fun spectacle out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Hopefully we aren't getting another skip month where every title is replaced by animal version.
    Yeah I hope the tie-ins are handled like a regular event. Some minis, one-shots, or tie-in issues, but everyone else is allowed to progress as normal without such excessive interruptions.