Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was, I just remember her being saved when Dick's apartment building got attacked unless I missed another appearance.
    She appeared during Fear State and then when Blockbuster had their building blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Where did you see that the relationship was retconned? I recall Taylor responding to a Tweet asking if that was her back when she first popped up when he took over. But, I'm too lazy to go searching for a Tweet from two years ago.
    It's Bridget Clancy, but she isn't the same as she was before. They don't even act like they had a relationship in the book. She calls him Mr. Grayson.

Dick talks about how he loved Bea and he wasn't even himself, but about Clancy he just says that she was the superintedent of the building bought.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised coupled with the retcons in his Titans run.

Extraordinary Member

I was, I just remember her being saved when Dick's apartment building got attacked unless I missed another appearance.
    She agreed to watch Haley for while for him. They’re not as friendly as they were back when he 22 and just moved to Bludhaven but that was like 7 years . She also doesn’t know his identity which limits the friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She agreed to watch Haley for while for him. They’re not as friendly as they were back when he 22 and just moved to Bludhaven but that was like 7 years . She also doesn’t know his identity which limits the friendship.
    Taylor doesn't have Dixon's deft hand with a supporting cast.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She appeared during Fear State and then when Blockbuster had their building blow up.

It's Bridget Clancy, but she isn't the same as she was before. They don't even act like they had a relationship in the book. She calls him Mr. Grayson.

Dick talks about how he loved Bea and he wasn't even himself, but about Clancy he just says that she was the superintedent of the building bought.
    Look how full circle it became

Extraordinary Member

Titans: Beast World #4 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Lucas Meyer

Poor Chunk has a kid but gets him shot by Peacemaker and gets kidnapped for his trouble!

Also Taylor is definitely writing Peacemaker as the Cena version.

Poor Chunk has a kid but gets him shot by Peacemaker and gets kidnapped for his trouble!

Also Taylor is definitely writing Peacemaker as the Cena version.
    I mean I think basically that’s just how Peacemaker is going to be written as from now on because it’s what I would believe a majority of people know him from.

Before the Suicide Squad and Peacemaker show I would say maybe 25% of just comic readers knew who Peacemaker was and that’s just because of recent appearances in Multiversity and the first Jamie Blue Beetle run. If DC is really gonna push the character then likely it’s going to be similar to what the majority of people recognize.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I think basically that’s just how Peacemaker is going to be written as from now on because it’s what I would believe a majority of people know him from.

Before the Suicide Squad and Peacemaker show I would say maybe 25% of just comic readers knew who Peacemaker was and that’s just because of recent appearances in Multiversity and the first Jamie Blue Beetle run. If DC is really gonna push the character then likely it’s going to be similar to what the majority of people recognize.
    To probably inconsistent effect depending on the writing .

I mean it’s already like that from what I’ve seen. He seems to range from either a completely competent and strict soldier like in Doom Patrol or the Ennis one shot, the John Cena version, or kind of a mix of the two.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    Well, the body count is sure racking up and Jon is feeling more pressure than he ever did in Taylor's run.

Poor Chunk comes back, gets a glow-up, but loses his son and gets turned into a bomb.

Waller probably didn't need to twist Lex's arm that much here.

So Sarge Steel is an equal opportunity Superhero hater. I'm guessing the Titans will be held partially responsible for not doing enough to stop Garro.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I still say Doctor Hate is Hank Hall.

Dunno, ever since Cena I feel writers like Williamson for instance have just written him like Cena. It’s actually been fairly consistent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Dunno, ever since Cena I feel writers like Williamson for instance have just written him like Cena. It’s actually been fairly consistent.
    Same, I never knew the character before him and his iteration is sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I know but just in my experience trying to base a character off a specific interpretation/actor can lead to diminishing returns depending on who is writing it.