Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So I'm not crazy. Nightwing told the President that Waller was behind all of this. Surely he presented evidence off screen. And Waller.... is given the Hall of Justice and continues trucking along?

Allow me to borrow a line from HHH- Who booked this crap?
    The US president is basically powerless according to King's Wonder Woman. The one who rules the United States is The Sovereign (hence Department of Sovereignty).
    Last edited by Reddead; 01-31-2024 at 05:54 AM.

The president stuff only makes sense if he is not really in charge (as per WW), but the book itself could have made things more clear if the intention was to connect to the Sovereign stuff. It ends up looking like Taylor didn’t put it much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The president stuff only makes sense if he is not really in charge (as per WW), but the book itself could have made things more clear if the intention was to connect to the Sovereign stuff. It ends up looking like Taylor didn’t put it much thought.
    ...when has any of the writers made any sense when it comes to continuity? Like how much do they talk to one another and the editors, if they even exist anymore, when it comes to events that branch into multiple titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...when has any of the writers made any sense when it comes to continuity? Like how much do they talk to one another and the editors, if they even exist anymore, when it comes to events that branch into multiple titles?
    Which proves my point that maybe Taylor didn't think the president's role through. If he was attempting to tie-in with the WW plot, it was badly done and if that wasn't a factor, it looks even worse.
    The guy wanted Waller to kill every transformed human (including his wife), then gives Nightwing his blessing to save them, only to later to support Waller again ??? It only makes sense if there are other powers at work, but the book itself doesn't give a decent indication either way.

It's pretty obvious it's connected. Even Sargent Steel shows up.

Overall I prefer this event over Knight Terrors but the last issue I felt should have Gar remain in a blank state or a shell of his former self and it should have more emotional weight I wished Animal Man (someone who is connected to the animal kingdom) was involved in this event rather than just having a page for himself. The Titans including Superman, Batman, and other heroes are killing every part of Beast Boy should have lasting consequences making them all responsible, the heroes saved the world but at a cost they lost Beast Boy forever (until they find the missing star limb I felt that they should have found it later instead of immediately) by killing the Garro spores they killed what makes Gar who he is by destroying the spores and his Garro Form. Beast Boy always cared for his family and friends and having the Titans and the whole heroes community (as well as Amanda Waller who blew up Garro's brain essentially the main hard drive) 'killing' him by destroying his memories to me makes it even more tragic.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this event way more than the last several by DC. It wasn't perfect but it was original and interesting at the very least with great art from the 2 different pencillers. Even the one-shot tie-ins were pretty good to great. I did like Knight Terrors overall as well but not as much as this one. Having said that I do wish DC would pump the breaks on big crossover events for the rest of 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    It's pretty obvious it's connected. Even Sargent Steel shows up.
    Maybe to those that are reading both. But this aspect of the story does not work by itself.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe to those that are reading both. But this aspect of the story does not work by itself.
    I'm reading both and it still doesn't really correlate here that the entire US government is under the Sovereign's influence. And that still doesn't say why she ends up in front of a press spouting the same rhetoric she's been telling all her hench-people and was handed the keys to the Hall of Justice. I mean the message is the same...WW, Wonder Women, and now all Superheroes are the Problem...so that would explain why...she's the Sovereign's mouthpiece here, I'm guessing?...though as said, that's not very clear.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-31-2024 at 02:14 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Editors note to check out WW would have been nice, but I don't think that one writer should be explaining other writer's story beats.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Editors note to check out WW would have been nice, but I don't think that one writer should be explaining other writer's story beats.
    They should if Writer A's beats are playing a role in Writer B's story.

If I'm supposed to understand that the US government is more corrupt than just Waller due to the events in Wonder Woman, tthen it's on Taylor to give me enough info to understand that. It's not like the Sovreign is being played up in titles beyond Titans and Wonder Woman to clue a reader in.

Which proves my point that maybe Taylor didn't think the president's role through. If he was attempting to tie-in with the WW plot, it was badly done and if that wasn't a factor, it looks even worse.
    The guy wanted Waller to kill every transformed human (including his wife), then gives Nightwing his blessing to save them, only to later to support Waller again ??? It only makes sense if there are other powers at work, but the book itself doesn't give a decent indication either way.
    Maybe he just wanted to show how awesome Dick Grayson is by having the President be a fan of him. That's basically what his entire Nightwing run is about .

Extraordinary Member

No he didn’t want that. She convinced him it was the only way and he had no other alternatives. Nightwing gave him an alternative and he said heck yeah.