Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Not a bad start but more than a little bland, and the non-reveal of Doctor Hate was a little annoying.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I really enjoyed this first issue. There are some interesting surprises that I didn't see coming. Also the Titans really shine which is a first for DC crossover event. I'm really hoping Gar survives the experience.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Where did they say that?
    the cover previews tell us he will be turned into a fox, so he will be down at some point
    I dont think any other titan is transformed, Starfire should be immune, since extreme temp is a weakness for starro

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    the cover previews tell us he will be turned into a fox, so he will be down at some point
    I dont think any other titan is transformed, Starfire should be immune, since extreme temp is a weakness for starro
    I think It's just a to represent what animal he would be. He is on other covers as a normal human and his own book crossover into this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I Don't kmow what goin on w Ivan Reis but the art seemed RUSHED to me.but great story so far.

I enjoyed the first issue. Judging from the panels I thought that in the unlettered preview of Titans: Beasf World is that Batman has been researching Gar's abilities but I liked that in the issue Gar was more creative with his ability it shows that he is more than he seems. I wonder who Dr. Hate is because Gar seems to recognize them maybe it's Danny Chase because he has connections to magic IIRC Dr. Fate is a former hero and the event is Titans-Focused.

edit: Wrong thread
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I think It's just a to represent what animal he would be. He is on other covers as a normal human and his own book crossover into this.
    Yeah, but his solo will guest star Jon Kent. If Dick gets transformed then Jon would probably be trying to protect the rest of his supporting cast until he can be restored.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, but his solo will guest star Jon Kent. If Dick gets transformed then Jon would probably be trying to protect the rest of his supporting cast until he can be restored.
    Not according to the solicits.

"Nightwing, Batgirl and the Titans are doing all they can to save a world overrun by Beasts.

Heroes have become threats, and one of the biggests threats now stalks the streets of Bludhaven. Where once there was a Robin, now there is a cat.

Can Jon Kent and Nightwing save the city from Damian Wayne? Or will the Super Sons be torn apart forever?"

It's pretty clear that Nightwing is not transformed by this solicit. Also, Jon and Dick appear normal in the cover and Damian doesn't.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I know this has been said a lot but Waller really has lost her total fucking mind. Like she has done a lot of horrible stuff but this is beyond the fucking pale.

So good issue. Manages to hit the ground running and Ivan Reis is still a Hell of an artist. Hopefully it can keep up good momentum for 6 issues.

I'm curious how the focus on Beast Boy is going to be after the state this issue left him in.

A pretty ok start. The art is phenomenal and really makes the Titans and the threat look epic.

Some random thoughts:
    - Doctor Hate continues to be one the of the dumbest names ever LOL. I was hoping they’d reveal his identity so at least he could go by a less annoying codename.
    - Raven looks great in costume but I can’t stand when they show how they’ve redesigned her face. Her original features were so much better.
    - Tom Taylor should never be allowed near Wonder Woman.
    - I get it that they want to make the Titans stand out, but it was a bit weird seeing the League there basically doing nothing of importance for no real reason. Their dissolution continues to seem arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I know this has been said a lot but Waller really has lost her total fucking mind. Like she has done a lot of horrible stuff but this is beyond the fucking pale.

So good issue. Manages to hit the ground running and Ivan Reis is still a Hell of an artist. Hopefully it can keep up good momentum for 6 issues.

I'm curious how the focus on Beast Boy is going to be after the state this issue left him in.
    Regarding Waller. Green Arrow #6 says hold my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    A pretty ok start. The art is phenomenal and really makes the Titans and the threat look epic.

Some random thoughts:
    - Doctor Hate continues to be one the of the dumbest names ever LOL. I was hoping they’d reveal his identity so at least he could go by a less annoying codename.
    - Raven looks great in costume but I can’t stand when they show how they’ve redesigned her face. Her original features were so much better.
    - Tom Taylor should never be allowed near Wonder Woman.
    - I get it that they want to make the Titans stand out, but it was a bit weird seeing the League there basically doing nothing of importance for no real reason. Their dissolution continues to seem arbitrary.
    So i'm alone in loving the Dr. Hate name? Its so classic comicbooky awesome. I even love how they lampshaded the lack of subtlely.

As for the issue. I think it ruined me emotionally. In one issue I got what I always wanted. Seeing the next generation of heroes stand up next to their mentors and save the day. Except Waller had to derail things at the end. It really sucks cause the Titans would've done it, they would've successfully averted a planetary threat and proven themselves but no. And to do it through Beast Boy who's never been this mature and capable but still optimistic and a little naive. It was a total gut punch what happened to him. I imagine this will end with things reflecting poorly on the Titans (and it wasn't even their fault) and I'm not really looking to that but I am really forward it cause I want to see what happens next. Also, I hope Garth joins up with these guys next issue now that the Necrostar is down.

I actually really like Dr. Hate too. It's kinda crazy they've never done a character like him before honestly. I keep thinking maybe he's going to be Hector Hall but I'm not sure Gar would recognize him. So maybe he's a former Titan like Danny Chase or Golden Eagle if we're going to go by Titans that have already done a heel turn. Not sure who else he might be with the little we've been shown so far.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 11-29-2023 at 02:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

is it time for us to wonder about her?