Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Yeah, that's why I hadn't jumped on the event. It'd be interesting if this was like early New52 or some early period in DC Comics, but it's not. Who can believe these characters are evil? It doesn't make sense. And if I remember correctly, from a video I watched, didn't the whole Knight Terrors openly state everyone knew they were in a nightmare and it wasn't real? Is Williamson playing up paranoia? That'd be interesting.
    I'm not sure how Knight Terrors ended, but Waller's plan here is specifically saving the day (from a problem she created) so she can make herself look better.

So its not just making the public further distrust heroes, but to also gain their adoration and trust by pulling a Syndrome and falsifying an act of heroism.

Which if this ends with her accomplishing her goal then thats going to suck because Waller has become such an annoying Villain Sue, pretty much bullying and getting away with everything she does. There has to be some pushback or failure to this characters machinations, not even Darkseid is this successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would surprise me if Taylor lets that stick to be honest, especially because of the connection Wally.

Then again he also killed off Damage without much fanfare so...
    But no stakes right...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't quite know how to feel about this issue.

On the one hand I'm awed by the human collateral damage and the scope of it all but dislike Gar being sacrificed like that.
    On the other foot...absolutely HATE Waller both as a character and as the architect of this whole event. I really like Tom Taylor as a writer (love Nightwing) but if she doesn't end up rotting in a maximum security cell after this...I may have to rethink my trust in him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

On the one hand I'm awed by the human collateral damage and the scope of it all but dislike Gar being sacrificed like that.
    On the other foot...absolutely HATE Waller both as a character and as the architect of this whole event. I really like Tom Taylor as a writer (love Nightwing) but if she doesn't end up rotting in a maximum security cell after this...I may have to rethink my trust in him.
    Waller is the main villain of DC's current phase. She is not going to be facing consequences until the phase ends.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

I think I got him confused with Risk.
    When did Risk die?
    Not counting his arms.

Astonishing Member

Jon is feeling more pressure than he ever did in Taylor's run.
    I really liked that moment - not just for the emotional impact of having those kind of powers in this kind of setting, but because Wally needed to step in to prevent disaster. Thought that was a nice demonstration of experience vs inexperience.

I thought this was a very good issue; definitely better than the previous issue. Having said that I'm less than thrilled at what happened to Gar and Chunk. I'm hoping for a twist by the end of this event.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Waller is the main villain of DC's current phase. She is not going to be facing consequences until the phase ends.
    That's...disappointing.

Is it me or in modern day comics Villains, especially the really evil ones very rarely get what they truly deserve? And I'm referring to both main publishers DC and Marvel.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When did Risk die?
    Not counting his arms.
    In the Nightwing\Son of Kal-El crossover.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    In the Nightwing\Son of Kal-El crossover.
    Oh no. I missed that.
    Who killed him?
    How did he die?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Oh no. I missed that.
    Who killed him?
    How did he die?
    The villain team of Gamorra called The Rising drowned him.

Here, bleeding cool had a article about it:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/90s-...ybernetic-arm/

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I really don't think it's Taylor's fault, the Waller plot is definitely Williamson's baby and Taylor just sadly has to include it here.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But no stakes right...
    Taylor is an inconsistent writer .
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I really liked that moment - not just for the emotional impact of having those kind of powers in this kind of setting, but because Wally needed to step in to prevent disaster. Thought that was a nice demonstration of experience vs inexperience.
    Jon learning not everything can be solved Care Bear style.

So you hate modern Waller then.

So you hate modern Waller then.
    Is there someone who *likes* this portrayal? If her character were any flatter these days, they'd call her Ron-Karr.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the major character that seems to die in this issue.

Seems to me more like Dark Crisis again with the same death fake-out for the very same character.