Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Someone called it in another thread(this one?). It makes sense in the context, but feels...off for some reason.
    I did. Though I had to say I didn’t see it right away because of some of the logistical challenges involved.

spoilers:
    Back in the classic era if Raven’s humanity was disconnected from her demon too long very bad stuff would transpire. Also her demon was her connection to her powers.

This version is more influenced by more recient animated stuff as in TT the animated series and TTG film and comics.
    end of spoilers

Got to be the most uninteresting reveal for Dr. Hate. Taylor is like two-for-two with lackluster personal enemy reveals for the Titans.

Also...way to give Wally such a non-reaction to one of his closest friends dying. Granted Vic didn't seem more bothered about Gar dying either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Got to be the most uninteresting reveal for Dr. Hate. Taylor is like two-for-two with lackluster personal enemy reveals for the Titans.

Also...way to give Wally such a non-reaction to one of his closest friends dying. Granted Vic didn't seem more bothered about Gar dying either.
    The lack of reaction to all this madness happening to their close friends is shocking on Cyborg and Wally's part.

I have to wonder if Taylor plans to promote Trigon to Lord of Chaos. If not, the plot point that Dr. Hate is on their payroll doesn't make any sense, unless Dr. Hate themself is a Lord of Chaos, which makes no sense considering their true nature.

They should have just used the Earth-3 version of Raven since Waller was just over there (and it would explain how she returned from Earth-3 which I don't think they have yet unless I'm mistaken) instead of making weird unnecessary changes to the main Raven.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They should have just used the Earth-3 version of Raven since Waller was just over there (and it would explain how she returned from Earth-3 which I don't think they have yet unless I'm mistaken) instead of making weird unnecessary changes to the main Raven.
    I feel like Earth-3 Raven would be like a Valley Girl or something .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I still really dislike the entire concept of Doctor Hate, and I'm not sure it's really Raven's dark side. If that's the case why does she need the Helmet of Hate? Shouldn't she be as powerful as Raven in her own right?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

At this point, Terra for all her flaws is less of a liability to the Titans than Raven. We didn't need another 'Raven causes her teammates to suffer' story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I still really dislike the entire concept of Doctor Hate, and I'm not sure it's really Raven's dark side. If that's the case why does she need the Helmet of Hate? Shouldn't she be as powerful as Raven in her own right?
    It was mentioned that Dr. Hate works for(is?) the Lords of Chaos, maybe the Helmet of Hate enhances her abilities? Not sure why they didn't chose Hawk for this, he already has connections/ is a Lord of Chaos depending on continuity and has always been something of a loose cannon.

I think the twist is fine, even if evil Raven is overused. It makes thematic sense (isn't the theme of the series about Beast Boy and Raven's love for each other?) and there were some clues and foreshadowing so it doesn't come out of nowhere. It's also pretty obviously designed to throw a wrench in their relationship.

Dr. Hate being Danny Chase or Hank Hall or whoever else would have made some sense, but I think the problem with these twists is that it's usually a literally who for most of the audience (if you are reading a DC murder mystery it doesn't take a genius to know Batman isn't gonna be the murderer, but some minor character instead). Like Mark Shaw being Leviathan or Jean Loring being the mastermind behind Identity Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    I think the twist is fine, even if evil Raven is overused. It makes thematic sense (isn't the theme of the series about Beast Boy and Raven's love for each other?) and there were some clues and foreshadowing so it doesn't come out of nowhere. It's also pretty obviously designed to throw a wrench in their relationship.

Dr. Hate being Danny Chase or Hank Hall or whoever else would have made some sense, but I think the problem with these twists is that it's usually a literally who for most of the audience (if you are reading a DC murder mystery it doesn't take a genius to know Batman isn't gonna be the murderer, but some minor character instead). Like Mark Shaw being Leviathan or Jean Loring being the mastermind behind Identity Crisis.
    I’m into the reveal purely because of how perfect it ties into the themes we’ve had already. Raven has continually been referencing her dark side and how Gar helps her with that, how it’s cause of him she’s better, more compassionate etc. now she has to grapple with it being a part of her that actually killed him. And further proves Wallers point that you can’t trust the Titans cause case in point Raven’s dark side is out here running around causing all sorts of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post

I thought it was fine, but I had to do a double take of “did we set this up?” only to remember that they did establish it back in Nightwings story arc where the Titans went to hell to save the soul of a little girl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I’m into the reveal purely because of how perfect it ties into the themes we’ve had already. Raven has continually been referencing her dark side and how Gar helps her with that, how it’s cause of him she’s better, more compassionate etc. now she has to grapple with it being a part of her that actually killed him. And further proves Wallers point that you can’t trust the Titans cause case in point Raven’s dark side is out here running around causing all sorts of chaos.
    Waller is the one who recruited Raven's dark side and let it cook. She would have more of a 'you can't trust the Titans' argument by pointing out how easily Cyborg hacked military drones and NOT being the one who orchestrated all this.

Waller is the one who recruited Raven's dark side and let it cook. She would have more of a 'you can't trust the Titans' argument by pointing out how easily Cyborg hacked military drones and NOT being the one who orchestrated all this.
    She’ll do that too, but you know she’ll also use the fact that Raven had a side of her running around that she had to find a way to control as another point for her.

Extraordinary Member

How did she even get to her dark side from hell?

Ultimate Member

Just catching up on this book, it's crazy how they've massacred Amanda Waller's character.

Good lord, why are so many nuanced "shades of grey" characters turned into complete monsters.

And the Dr. Hate thing is a complete...whatever.