Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default You're paying 25% more for your comics from now on

Lots of Marvel comics just went up from $3.99 to $4.99, so you're paying 25% more. It's time to trim a quarter of your pull lists, if you don't want to spend extra.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amaz...-all-now-4-99/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Let's see. 2 comics 32 pages with 22 pages of story that take 5min each to read for $10 or for the same price a 130 page manga i can put on my bookself and not worry about a bag and board. Choices. Choices.

I can also head to ollies and buy a 100 page marvel trade for $5 to $12 over two floppies.

Good thing i do mostly trades over floppies today.

Marvel Unlimited is an option too of course, if you don't mind being three months behind.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

I switched to trades a long time ago and If I stop buying then I have the library.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

This is the part where someone makes a back issues joke.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lots of Marvel comics just went up from $3.99 to $4.99, so you're paying 25% more. It's time to trim a quarter of your pull lists, if you don't want to spend extra.
    This is going to shoot them in the foot and alienate the youth even more from buying their comics

Quite a few of the books I get are mini series and are ending, but still……$4.99?!?!? One book I get will be affected by the price jump is Avengers. The only 2 books I get consistently are Invincible Iron Man and as aforementioned Avengers. You’re not even getting a page increase either. I’m loving Avengers right now so I will continue to purchase it. Although I am worried about this pricing point and what it could do for the sale of floppies.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-22-2023 at 08:08 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

For the collectors market this has to be a noticeable difference for expenses though, everything 1.25x its price must put a strain on that. Also for LCS does this kind of help them out or cripple them?

Making it harder and harder to buy comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    For starters...

One would not have to trim anything if they are not reading the books that are going up.

Past that, I count a grand total of five titles total along with the "Star Wars..." titles.

That is nor exactly "Lots..."
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-22-2023 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    This is going to shoot them in the foot and alienate the youth even more from buying their comics
    You cannot alienate a group of people who probably never cared to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For starters...

One would not have to trim anything if they are not reading the books that are going up.

Past that, I count a grand total of five titles total along with the "Star Wars..." titles.

That is nor exactly "Lots..."
    Do you really think the rest won't follow? I bet the X books will go up when the line relaunches in January, for example. Everything else that's still $3.99 in October probably goes up with the November issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Making it harder and harder to buy comics.
    In my more cynical moments I sometimes think that Marvel acts as if they have no plans beyond the next five years because they have no plans on being around beyond the next five to seven years.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Is DC also raising prices?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is DC also raising prices?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...horror-of-4-99

There has been a discussion about this over in the X-Forums. I have noticed some price increases at DC in this time. Not counting the DC books with backups, there have been more regular sized books going to $4.99 but those books seem to get two extra pages. So they are 22 story pages instead of 20. Note that contrary to a comment above, Marvel books have been 20 story pages for well over a decade. I do wonder if they are following the page increase as well as the price increase.