Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I only get 5-8 books a month as it is depending on a few mini-series. It just means the few minis I did make exception for will now be almost certainly moved into the Trade Wait category like other minis I already do that with.

Also, whoever said "make it harder for kids to buy" must have a different clientele at their LCS than the ones I've been in around the country. This isn't 1960, books aren't cheap pulpy fare even before this price hike. That or they should be using emojis to indicate the humor they are going for in their post.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I only get 5-8 books a month as it is depending on a few mini-series. It just means the few minis I did make exception for will now be almost certainly moved into the Trade Wait category like other minis I already do that with.

Also, whoever said "make it harder for kids to buy" must have a different clientele at their LCS than the ones I've been in around the country. This isn't 1960, books aren't cheap pulpy fare even before this price hike. That or they should be using emojis to indicate the humor they are going for in their post.
    Look the people buying comics are more or less the same people buying it for the last few decades. Marvel and DC need to capture the youth audience of readers to drive the averages down.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I started cutting back on the comics I buy a few years ago. I will always buy Fantastic Four or any spinoffs. The others I only pick up if they look interesting.

I have a Marvel Unlimited Subscription so I can always read the ones I didn't feel worth buying. And I have a good sized collection of TPBs.

Astonishing Member

I buy my comics from a website that offers at least 35% discount but this hobby is getting so expensive that eventually it'll be hard to ignore pirates.

Astonishing Member

Gotta make up for inflation happening in the real world and the loss of fans who buy 616 stuff.

Kids are buying comics. Just not marvel and dc floppies. Young kids are buying trades of dogman, smile, smurfs, babysitters club, and others.

Older kids are getting one piece, naruto, demon slayer and fruit basket.

They are not picking up floppies unless their parents got them started on it and why spend $10 on two short 10min floppies when a trade or manga same price has more and can be bought at books a million or target unlike floppies buried at comic shops. Heck saw disney manga at cracker barrel of all places.

Marvel and dc kids pick up are trades like marvel-verse, moon girl and raven.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-28-2023 at 05:14 AM.

I just get back issues these days.
    Cheaper and much more enjoyable.