Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Who would you want to play Green Lantern in a film?

First, you'd have to decide what character would be behind the mask - Hal, John, Guy, or another. Then, what actor would you want playing the Green Lantern in a film?

Finally, what cameos would you want in the film?

I’d prefer John Stewart. He’s the GL I “grew up with,” because of the JL/JLU cartoon.

Idris Elba. A younger version, probably, but that seems too…”go to.” There’s been success in casting unknowns, so find someone with talent and try to give them an opportunity.

If Michael Keaton was not already in the DCU I would probably choose him, but since I can't what about Kiefer Sutherland?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Far Sector has been the only Green Lantern story I actually enjoyed so I'd want Jo Mullein and I think Sonequa Martin-Green would be perfect for her.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Maybe no longer, but Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan always made a ton of sense. A huge missed opportunity by WB, in failing to sell Tom on this (even though I'm sure, and I looked this up now, Tom is probably far from interested in playing Hal or any superhero, he basically said as much to Jimmy Kimmel).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-05-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I enjoyed the Ryan Reynolds Hal. it really did a good job I think of showing the devil may some what cocky attitude that test pilots would have.

But I would rather a more seasons older wiser Hal for a new movie. Maybe not as the lead but as a mentor like Douglas did with Hank Pym in the Ant Man movies. To be honest I dont know a lot of actors by name so I am not sure who could pull this off.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I want and older mid 40's Hal and a younger mid to late 20's John as a vet/rookie team. With a mid 40's Guy as a training instructor along side his best buddy Kilowog

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Maybe no longer, but Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan always made a ton of sense. A huge missed opportunity by WB, in failing to sell Tom on this (even though I'm sure, and I looked this up now, Tom is probably far from interested in playing Hal or any superhero, he basically said as much to Jimmy Kimmel).
    I think it could still work, nothing says you couldn't have Hal be older than Batman and Superman only he was off Earth when they debuted. It would actually be pretty interesting to have an older Hal show up and show the others how to be a proper superhero team having spent decades as a member of the Green Lantern corps.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Hal Jordan---Wil Poulter
    John Stewart---Shemar Moore
    Guy Gardner---Jesse Plemons
    Alan Scott---Daniel Craig
    Kyle Raynor---Zac Efron
    Simon Baz---Dev Patel
    Jessica Cruz---Stephanie Beatriz

Extraordinary Member

John Stewart-Derek Luke.

Hal Jordan-Jim Caviezel

I always say if time travel were an option, I'd grab a 30-something Dennis Quaid for Hal. But if we're talking contemporary actors:

Hal - Austin Butler. If the man can play Elvis, he can capture Hal's hotshot swagger but still make him sympathetic. He's also really hot right now and that never hurts. Might need to hit the gym a bit, but he's almost there - Hal doesn't need to be like Cavill.

If we're talking movie, I'd want the first to just have Hal, but in general, I don't have a clear pick for John, Kyle, Guy or Simon amongst contemporary actors, but:
    Jessica - Adria Arjona (Bix from "Andor")
    Jo - Janelle Monáe (that's a no-brainer for me - like picking Sam L Jackson for Fury)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-05-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I always say if time travel were an option, I'd grab a 30-something Dennis Quaid for Hal. But if we're talking contemporary actors:

Hal - Austin Butler. If the man can play Elvis, he can capture Hal's hotshot swagger but still make him sympathetic. He's also really hot right now and that never hurts. Might need to hit the gym a bit, but he's almost there - Hal doesn't need to be like Cavill.

If we're talking movie, I'd want the first to just have Hal, but in general, I don't have a clear pick for John, Kyle, Guy or Simon amongst contemporary actors, but:
    Jessica - Adria Arjona (Bix from "Andor")
    Jo - Janelle Monáe (that's a no-brainer for me - like picking Sam L Jackson for Fury)
    Maybe it's just me but I didn't think he was a very good Elvis....

Anyway my pic would be Armie Hammer.

Retired

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan.

I think THE FLASH opened the door for Reynolds to return--even if just in a cameo. As much as he might make jokes about it, I think he's the type to be a good sport and return if asked and if it's the right project. The movie where he met his current wife and mother of his children is surely not a bad memory for him. In the current climate this seems unlikely--maybe in twenty years.

John Stewart: Mike Colter.
    Hal Jordan: Chris Pine.
    Kyle Rayner (My Favorite Lantern): Robert Sheehan.
    Jade: Ana De Armas.
    Jessica Cruz: Jenna Ortega.
    Alan Scott: Jeremy Irons with Ben Whishaw used in Flashbacks.
    Kilowog voiced by Ving Rhames.
    Sinestro: He voiced him once already Jason Issacs.
    Simon Baz: Shervin Alenabi.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Anyway my pic would be Armie Hammer.
    That might be ... somewhat problematic.