Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Hank Pym is a failed superhero. His feature failed in the 1960s, and the Avengers title is the only thing that kept him in existence. Scott Lang is the better Ant-Man.
    In the event of a relaunched continuity, Black Panther and Captain Marvel will replace Ant-Man and Wasp as founding Avengers, or they might replicate the movie with Hawkeye and Black Widow. If Ant-Man joins the new Avengers continuity, it will be Scott Lang.
    Scott Lang is as boring as the actor that portrays him in the MCU
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 07-25-2023 at 04:44 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Nobody stays dead permanently. Not even Bucky.
    Eagerly awaiting Uncle Ben 2099

[QUOTE=Sutekh;6546184]
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post

While I'm a big Hank Pym fan, that whole Mighty Avengers run (*) sometimes came across as some sort of weird fanfic, and that Scientist Supreme thing was the fanficcy-est part, IMO.

I want that to totally have been Loki messing with him.

*The bit where Hank took the identity of Wasp to honor the memory of Janet, and Hercules said that a man would take on a woman's name to honor her memory was proof that he might still be crazy made me want to slap the taste out of Herc's mouth. There was some good stuff in that run, like Hank Pym and Reed Richards little snipe-fest, but yikes.
    “It’s on, bitch”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I agree writers bringing up the slap so often is ridiculous considering we have heroes like Wolverine and Iron Man who killed non-supers and it's never brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think even Al Ewing in interviews for the Ant-Man anniversary series implied that Hank was at his best during his original Silver Age days and didn't have as much purpose later (if I recall correctly).

There's also the issue of Scott being the "main" Ant-Man but Marvel doesn't seem too invested in him either.
    But Marvel was using Pym regularly since Avengers vol. 3 with Scott showing up for a while before Bendis killed him and O'Grady showing up.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Scott Lang is as boring as the actor that portrays him in the MCU
    Scott Lang has got three movies to his belt. He'll be forever remembered as Ant-Man by the people on the street. Meanwhile Hank Pym will forever be remembered as an abuser by even his own readership.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Scott Lang has got three movies to his belt. He'll be forever remembered as Ant-Man by the people on the street. Meanwhile Hank Pym will forever be remembered as an abuser by even his own readership.
    Which is unfortunate .

Fantastic Member

Still getting the Dr. Pym Marvel Legend figure out of that set. The character was redeemed and at his zenith then. Every ‘creator’ after Englehart has either pissed ON the character, like Johns and Bendis, or pissed away that potential…founding Avenger, and yeah, played by a once A-list actor, even if he’s not the focal point of those movies…fucking dopes..

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Begs the question, who is the new Scientist Supreme?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Reed Richards.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    We need that Ant-Vengers team like yesterday!
    A team with Hank Pym, Janet as Wasp, Scott as Ant-Man, Raz as Giant Man, Rita as Yellowjacket (bring her back!), Jocasta, Bill as Goliath (bring him back!), Cassie as Stinger or Stature, maybe Viv or Victor La Mancha (or both!), etc. could be fun. Just a whole 'Batman, Incorporated' of Pym particle users (and the occasional robot created by / derived from Ultron).

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Still getting the Dr. Pym Marvel Legend figure out of that set. The character was redeemed and at his zenith then. Every ‘creator’ after Englehart has either pissed ON the character, like Johns and Bendis, or pissed away that potential…founding Avenger, and yeah, played by a once A-list actor, even if he’s not the focal point of those movies…fucking dopes..
    Pym was great in Kurt Busiek’s Avengers run

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Pym was great in Kurt Busiek’s Avengers run
    Agreed. Avengers Forever will always be the pinnacle (IMHO):

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Avengers Forever will always be the pinnacle (IMHO):
    Oh, that series was so good (and such great art!).

And the chutzpah of being told 'you can only use seven people, who have ever been, or will ever be, Avengers!' and going, 'okay, two future Avengers we haven't seen yet, three staple Avengers (Steve, Clint and Janet), and Hank Pym *twice!* I'm sure some editor somewhere was saying, 'Are you sure you didn't mean, Thor, Iron Man, Cap, and four other people not named Hank or Janet?' and Busiek was like, 'No, I'm good. Stand back.'

As others have intimated I'm sure, the lack of movement on anything for Hank is almost certainly less to do with the slap and more to do with the Ant-Man film franchise having removed much of the impetus for keeping him around. Look at how long it's taken Jan to finally get the spotlight again in Ewing's new book. You're gonna need someone who is as interested in Hank as Ewing is in Jan to want to do something with him, and right now I'm just not sure there are all that many Pym fans working at Marvel.

Never say never. Barry Allen and Kara Zor-El were both dead for two decades over at DC. They both died in mid 1980s event Crisis on Infinite Earths and returned in 2008 and 2005 respectively. Both have had their own TV shows since then! Hank's been dead for eight years, isn't it? Rage of Ultron was in 2015?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman