Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The writers have done a fine job of moving Hank on, first to Jocasta (creepy! glad she's moved on to Aaron Stack/Machine Man!) and then to Tigra (much better!), but I never really 'felt' anything from Jan's post-Hank hookups with Tony or whomever. It interests me that Jan is the one that the writers seem to have trouble 'moving on' with, while Hank seems to have mostly accepted that he done her wrong and he's no good for her. (Then again, her obsession with Hank when he was an adult post-grad widower and she a teen debutante was already a bit creepy...)
    Yeah! That's an understatement, especially when you consider that Jan almost completely had her mind transferred into Jocasta

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The writers have done a fine job of moving Hank on, first to Jocasta (creepy! glad she's moved on to Aaron Stack/Machine Man!) and then to Tigra (much better!), but I never really 'felt' anything from Jan's post-Hank hookups with Tony or whomever. It interests me that Jan is the one that the writers seem to have trouble 'moving on' with, while Hank seems to have mostly accepted that he done her wrong and he's no good for her. (Then again, her obsession with Hank when he was an adult post-grad widower and she a teen debutante was already a bit creepy...)

I definitely would prefer (assuming Hank ever comes back) that Hank and Janet remain 'just old friends' and stay in the 'exes who can get along and stare wistfully at each other and sigh, occasionally, but are never going back there again' zone.

I don't care for Nadia, at all, but love the idea of Nadia and Tigra bonding through the introduction to her half-brother William. That's cool and kind of deepens the 'family ties' (and therefore, story options and dramatic potential, always good for a writer!) for everyone involved. I'd love to see some of the later generations like Nadia, Cassie, William (once he's a bit bigger), Viv Vision and Victor la Mancha (robo-drama!) perhaps get a chance to do something together.
    Was Hank ever actually with Tigra? William is genetically Hank's and he did accept the role of his father, but it was his Skrull imposter who actually got Greer pregnant. The impersonation was so good that it extended to the DNA that was passed on.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

The skrull Pym was long after the West Coast Avengers first numbers. Tigra and Hank were together twice, in the West Coast era and then in the Bendis era. The last one was the skrull, but the West coast one was real Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was Hank ever actually with Tigra? William is genetically Hank's and he did accept the role of his father, but it was his Skrull imposter who actually got Greer pregnant. The impersonation was so good that it extended to the DNA that was passed on.
    Quote Originally Posted by feriol View Post
    The skrull Pym was long after the West Coast Avengers first numbers. Tigra and Hank were together twice, in the West Coast era and then in the Bendis era. The last one was the skrull, but the West coast one was real Hank.
    I may be wrong, but I think there was also something going on between them in Avengers Academy.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think there was also something going on between them in Avengers Academy.

Peace
    Yeah, they were boinking around the time of the dance / mixer between the Avengers Academy group and some Avengers Initiative folks, including Hardball and Komodo, that I remember.

Incredible Member

I think it's time Brevoort moved on. Bring back Hank and Avengers Mansion, and add a few lower tier characters to the lineup.

Nope.

Among other things the story he was killed off isn't seen as a classic. I don't mean that it's bad or anything, but it doesn't seem to be on the level of something so holy that it can't be reversed.

Honestly, I double-checked the date on the first post just in case this thread got bumped because Hank Pym was brought back in a recent issue of the Avengers or something, and I just haven't heard about it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Yeah, the thread wasn't bumped, it's only two weeks old.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’m kind of surprised there hasn’t been more talk on this Board about the ending of the first issue of Avengers Inc. What’s anyone’s thoughts on what is going on? A legitimate return with a good eventual ending? A swerve leaving us disappointed once again? Let’s hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I’m kind of surprised there hasn’t been more talk on this Board about the ending of the first issue of Avengers Inc. What’s anyone’s thoughts on what is going on? A legitimate return with a good eventual ending? A swerve leaving us disappointed once again? Let’s hear it!
    I'd rather he stay dead than be brought back if this is to be the new status quo. It could be that it's some sort of time-travel/alt universe fake out. I highly doubt we get a young Earth-616 Pym back by the end of this. Not a lot to go off from just 1 issue, but so far incredibly disappointed with the direction of the character. Remaining dead would be preferable.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I'm curious but neutral. It's too early to tell whether it's good or bad yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I'd rather he stay dead than be brought back if this is to be the new status quo. It could be that it's some sort of time-travel/alt universe fake out. I highly doubt we get a young Earth-616 Pym back by the end of this. Not a lot to go off from just 1 issue, but so far incredibly disappointed with the direction of the character. Remaining dead would be preferable.
    I mean, aside from his age, (which given he has a daughter who's a teen, does suggest there's only so young he could be for things to be believable), I think dismissing it outright is prematire. I kind of preferred Hank in the era where he didn't bother with codenames and was just a science hero. We've already got two other Ant-Men and a Giant-Man, let Hank be Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious but neutral. It's too early to tell whether it's good or bad yet.
    I agree. The first issue isn’t much to go on except for a lot of speculation. This older doppelgänger? another universe? future Hank? doesn’t appear to be a good guy but we didn’t get much. Ewing might have a good plan but we need a lot more before anyone can make a fair assessment. I just hope somehow Hank comes out with some justice instead of more piling on. The guy has always been a victim of past writers. Someone needs to give him a break. Ewing just might be that guy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I agree. The first issue isn’t much to go on except for a lot of speculation. This older doppelgänger? another universe? future Hank? doesn’t appear to be a good guy but we didn’t get much. Ewing might have a good plan but we need a lot more before anyone can make a fair assessment. I just hope somehow Hank comes out with some justice instead of more piling on. The guy has always been a victim of past writers. Someone needs to give him a break. Ewing just might be that guy.
    I would laugh bitterly if the Pymtron situation has gotten Pym and Ultron into a sort of Betsy/Kwannon situation, with an organic Pym exhibiting some crazyevil Ultron traits and a robot 'Pymtron' becoming more influenced by Pym's better traits. (Not merely because we've already had that story with Psylocke, but also because I am bored to death with crazyevil Pym stories.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I mean, aside from his age, (which given he has a daughter who's a teen, does suggest there's only so young he could be for things to be believable), I think dismissing it outright is prematire. I kind of preferred Hank in the era where he didn't bother with codenames and was just a science hero. We've already got two other Ant-Men and a Giant-Man, let Hank be Hank.
    I do like the idea of a non-costumed hero Hank, solving problems with science. But him being some crazy old bearded guy killing off supervillains is a no from me. I love Ewing's work, so I will bide my time and see where it goes, but the first look isn't good.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?