Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

This is an excerpt from Ewing's interview for his Ant-Man series last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Ewing
    So I guess when I think of the Hank Pym Ant-Man, I'm thinking of Hank before the editorial dissatisfaction with him really started to crawl into his guts. Marvel might not have been happy, but Hank was -- he was just fine talking to ants, solving small-time crimes, and having a ball with his sidekick-slash-maybe-more-question mark??? He was fine. He was happy. If I could bring Hank Pym back into the modern Marvel Universe, that'd be the Hank I'd bring back in. He'd be totally redundant, obviously, but this time he wouldn't care.
    If a young Hank comes back from this, it could be some sort of time-displaced young Hank. (Come to think of it, did the time-travelling Hank and Eric O'Grady ever get returned to their home times at the end of the mini series? Could this Hank and Eric be them? Will it be that young Hank who comes out of this at the end, full of optimism and without his historical baggage?)
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I mean, aside from his age, (which given he has a daughter who's a teen, does suggest there's only so young he could be for things to be believable), I think dismissing it outright is prematire. I kind of preferred Hank in the era where he didn't bother with codenames and was just a science hero. We've already got two other Ant-Men and a Giant-Man, let Hank be Hank.
    Yeah, it's meant to be 15 years since the Fantastic Four's empowering. Hank became Ant-Man shortly after that. By that point he was already widowed, and Nadia was already a year old. Hank was probably in his mid 20s then, around 40 now? Janet's a few years younger for sure, she's supposedly a younger doppelganger of his first wife, so I don't think Hank can be any younger then 40.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-19-2023 at 03:02 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's meant to be 15 years since the Fantastic Four's empowering. Hank became Ant-Man shortly after that. By that point he was already widowed, and Nadia was already a year old. Hank was probably in his mid 20s then, around 40 now? Janet's a few years younger for sure, she's supposedly a younger doppelganger of his first wife, so I don't think Hank can be any younger then 40.
    Then how old does that make Reed, Ben, Tony Stark and Peter Parker who came out around the same time as Hank?

Peter was 15 when he got his powers so should be 30 now. Ben, Reed, and Tony were all older when they became superheroes and should now also be in their 40s - I'd say early 40s for Tony and late 40s for Reed and Ben (Sue and Johnny are considerably younger, still in their 30s).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-19-2023 at 03:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They should make a Pym evil and then have a battle if the shanks (Pym vs McCoy) with the winner getting their mojo back and returning to heroism
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

I doubt it. They brought back Bucky after all.