Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Kamala isn't a good selling solo either. In fact it's worse than most of the x-solos
    How many of those X-solos are just Wolverine copy pasted?

It's what ever to me but I think it's non sense to expect heroes to always be on the same page as friends just because they are heroes. All heroes are not fighting for the same thing and they have different priorities.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It's what ever to me but I think it's non sense to expect heroes to always be on the same page as friends just because they are heroes. All heroes are not fighting for the same thing and they have different priorities.
    A valid point, but you'd think there'd be at least some more solidarity, especially given that as events like the original Civil War showed, it wouldn't take but one bad day, one tragic incident or horrific catastrophe, for baseline humanity to turn their fear, anger, and hate on nonmutant superheroes as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Kamala isn't a good selling solo either. In fact it's worse than most of the x-solos
    While her recent solos havent done great numbers, its important to remember that her original comic sold very well for a brand new character with her 1st issue getting 7 reprintings and her trades selling well. it wasnt until Civil War 2 that her sales went drastically down. Its also worth noting that her comic sells well among people who dont traditionally buy comics (which is why her initial run sold well digitally), which helps marvel expand its audience even if she doesnt sell as well as some other characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    How many of those X-solos are just Wolverine copy pasted?
    Doesn't matter. Only those numbers matter for Marvel. Quality Wise they are leagues above her
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-01-2023 at 09:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    While her recent solos havent done great numbers, its important to remember that her original comic sold very well for a brand new character with her 1st issue getting 7 reprintings and her trades selling well. it wasnt until Civil War 2 that her sales went drastically down. Its also worth noting that her comic sells well among people who dont traditionally buy comics (which is why her initial run sold well digitally), which helps marvel expand its audience even if she doesnt sell as well as some other characters.
    It's is not 'brand' new at all. It's 'Ms Marvel'. This brand has already been used by someone quite popular among comic fans. I am throwing a bone here that as soon as readers started to realise that this is not Carol they stopped reading.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A valid point, but you'd think there'd be at least some more solidarity, especially given that as events like the original Civil War showed, it wouldn't take but one bad day, one tragic incident or horrific catastrophe, for baseline humanity to turn their fear, anger, and hate on nonmutant superheroes as well.
    Civil War sucked and made little sense. This is actually coming from a Captain America stan

Astonishing Member

It's is not 'brand' new at all. It's 'Ms Marvel'. This brand has already been used by someone quite popular among comic fans. I am throwing a bone here that as soon as readers started to realise that this is not Carol they stopped reading.
    ….Because clearly the Scholastic audience she sold so well too clearly picked up the book for Carol Danvers. Also citation needed on every X-solo being of higher quality.

Spectacular Member

Ok, couple of things to note

1. The Ms Marvel brand was decent at the time but hardly as big as now since this was before the Captain Marvel movie.

2. Carol had already been Captain Marvel for over a year before Kamala showed up (Kamala's first appearance was Captain Marvel issue 14).

3. They showed her ON THE COVER. You think people are going to mistake Blond Caucasian Adult Carol for Brunette Brown Teen Kamala?

Heres some receipts

https://comicbook.com/news/ms-marvel...marvel-is-ama/

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ms-m...de-paperbacks/

https://www.comicsbeat.com/ms-marvel...igital-seller/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Civil War sucked and made little sense. This is actually coming from a Captain America stan
    The heroes' actions and reactions made little sense, true enough, but given how the general human populace seemed all too willing to get in line behind genocidal mutant haters in the US government out of basic fear and hate of what they didn't or couldn't understand, it wasn't that much of a stretch for them to turn on nonmutant superheroes as soon as an incident occurred that the US government could spin in a way to aim that same fear and hate at everyone and anyone with powers calling themselves superheroes as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    See, I love shared universe moments like that. It's smart because you never know when a reader's ears will perk when they see a moment like that and become curious enough to explore a character or situation/arc they didn't consider before. I'm happy to see bits of that going on again with more guest appearances and cameos.

Thank you for bringing up the poker games. That reminds me of this fun scene from Duggan's X-Men #2.

If anyone happens to have scans of any of the classic poker game scenes I'd love to see them.
    Why would anyone play poker with Black Cat? A recipe to lose your money.