Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Holy hell, he’s wearing a WKRP t shirt! Absolutely incredible!

I’d say the most telling (and poignant) quote about Zod in general is that he’s at his worst when he doesn’t have a war to fight. Seems to sum up the character and his motivations pretty succinctly.

Can’t tell if the sunglasses are hilarious or pretentious. Considering the afrementioned tshirt, I don’t think his humor can be questioned.
    I don’t know the WKRP reference, what’s that mean?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t know the WKRP reference, what’s that mean?
    lol, it was a sitcom about a rock radio station that ran in the late '70s/early '80s. Not that I saw it live, but I did watch the hell out of it on reruns.

It's claim to fame is a Thanksgiving episode where they drop turkeys from a helicopter for a promo and it turns into an abject disaster.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Kneel Before Zod #3 Preview
    Writer: Joe Casey
    Artist: Dan McDaid

Really giving me Viltrumite vibes.

You know, I like how the Khunds are being show as real tough guys who don't scare easily from a powerful kryptonian.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ok Ursa casually snatching that guys head off only to lob it at the other shouldn't have made me laugh as hard as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really giving me Viltrumite vibes.
    Lmao dude there’s a sequence where Zod rams through a bunch of ships Omni-Man style. It’s freaking awesome, Casey and McDaid are clearly having a blast.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So the "trick" that Khund's used here.. On one hand it makes perfect sense that crazy sci-fi (or magical) beings in DC could do some crazy stuff and it shows how maybe Kryptonians aren't that big of a deal in grand scheme of things. On the other hand you then need to have some plot induced stupidity for story to continue, like Khunds somehow being unaware that there are Kryptonians on the planet or their soldiers not being informed how long the sun will stay red so that they wouldn't act like morons and play around with Zod.

I don't know, it is difficult balancing act and I'm not sure if Casey really pulled it off here.

Personally I loved how Casey straight up gave the Injustice motivation to Zod:

His pregnant wife is dead and now he’s going to snap and wage war on all of creation as a result. Glad someone realized “hey we already have an evil Superman in the main universe, why not give him the motivation we keep using to justify transforming Kal into Zod II?” I’m curious if Lor being separated from Zod is intended to give him the space to potentially soften in respect to how bad his dad is going to become, or if the two of them are going to equally descend into madness.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So the "trick" that Khund's used here.. On one hand it makes perfect sense that crazy sci-fi (or magical) beings in DC could do some crazy stuff and it shows how maybe Kryptonians aren't that big of a deal in grand scheme of things. On the other hand you then need to have some plot induced stupidity for story to continue, like Khunds somehow being unaware that there are Kryptonians on the planet or their soldiers not being informed how long the sun will stay red so that they wouldn't act like morons and play around with Zod.

I don't know, it is difficult balancing act and I'm not sure if Casey really pulled it off here.
    Eh the idea that the grunts aren’t the smartest when it comes to keeping track of time isn’t that unbelievable.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD #6

Written by JOE CASEY
    Art by DAN McDAID
    Cover by JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER
    Variant Cover by LUCIO PARRILLO and IAN CHURCHILL
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/4/24
    DC’s darkest cosmic drama continues! General Zod has a new army to command! But as his own soldiers plot a bloody mutiny, a mysterious and murderous force is let loose aboard their vessel—the Emerald Eye of Ekron! But where is its master?
    Legion ties? Cool!

Present-day Emerald Empress?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Some cool action, though I expected to see more direct personal fallout after Ursa's domination of Zod in the last issue. I did like the red sun trick.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I expected to see more direct personal fallout after Ursa's domination of Zod in the last issue.
    I'm hoping she now joins Jor-El as a delusion to explore his descent into madness.

His last memory of Jor-El was trying to dissuade his coup and make him see reason, but the last memory of his wife is her saying he'd lost himself and calling for war.

It'd be really fun to see Zod being conflicted and ultimately reconcile who he will be going forward (a monster!).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm hoping she now joins Jor-El as a delusion to explore his descent into madness.

His last memory of Jor-El was trying to dissuade his coup and make him see reason, but the last memory of his wife is her saying he'd lost himself and calling for war.

It'd be really fun to see Zod being conflicted and ultimately reconcile who he will be going forward (a monster!).
    Oo I like that! Would enjoy seeing that.