Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm hoping she now joins Jor-El as a delusion to explore his descent into madness.

His last memory of Jor-El was trying to dissuade his coup and make him see reason, but the last memory of his wife is her saying he'd lost himself and calling for war.

It'd be really fun to see Zod being conflicted and ultimately reconcile who he will be going forward (a monster!).
    Ursa as the Devil on his shoulder while Jor acts as the Angel would be great. Although Jor seems to be nudging Zod to recognize that sitting on a throne isn’t actually what he wants, he wants to be in the field fighting. Maybe have Jor as the hallucination urging him to embrace his warrior nature while Ursa urges him to transform himself into a ruler like he had planned? Would fit with Zod’s skewed moral compass.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least he's honest about Bendis Zod .
    I think it's fair to say that Zod was through various reasons, some great, some ironic and some not, in the post-Rebirth world, set up kind of perfectly for a series like this. Kind of a bit of great timing.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

Kneel Before Zod #4 Preview
    Writer: Joe Casey
    Artist: Dan Mcdaid

Dissapointing I was hoping Ursa's death was a fake-out, maybe they just lose the baby or something, I was lowkey living for her unrepentant bitchiness and will miss it.

I guess on one hand I can respect them going for such big swings and having actual stakes and real losses but on the other it feels a bit too much like Women in Refrigerators, like Ursa was only killed off so early to provide Zod and Lor angst and development.

At the very least they could've killed her off at the end of the series, Ursa never been the most devolped character so actually fleshing her out so we felt the loss along with Zod would've only helped the story I feel

Maybe not at the end, but they definitely could have waited for couple more issues so that we'd get more invested into her.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Dissapointing I was hoping Ursa's death was a fake-out, maybe they just lose the baby or something, I was lowkey living for her unrepentant bitchiness and will miss it.

I guess on one hand I can respect them going for such big swings and having actual stakes and real losses but on the other it feels a bit too much like Women in Refrigerators, like Ursa was only killed off so early to provide Zod and Lor angst and development.

At the very least they could've killed her off at the end of the series, Ursa never been the most devolped character so actually fleshing her out so we felt the loss along with Zod would've only helped the story I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe not at the end, but they definitely could have waited for couple more issues so that we'd get more invested into her.
    Yeah she really was a great character in the series to that point. Def has fridge vibes. Would have liked her to have been around longer if that was the route they were taking with the character.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

spoilers:
    Lor was the one to lead the Khuds to New Kryton making him responible for his own mother and unborn siblings death.... Goddamn https://i.ibb.co/phKpBny/Screenshot-...-02-004558.png. Here I was thinking Ursa's death would be what finally got him and Zod to make peace and finally come together but now this father/son reunion going to be brutal
    end of spoilers

Ok the twist had me gagged, this book is definately taking a much darker turn than I intially suspected and it's clearly all going to end in blood and tears.
    Last edited by walk; 04-01-2024 at 04:57 PM.

I might have to read the previous issue again, but I think in that one Khunds had no idea that there were Kryptonians on the planet, but according to this issue they were fully aware of it?

Now I’m extremely excited for the Zod/Lor reunion. With Lor being the only heir he has left, I doubt he’d be willing to kill Lor but clearly some measure of retribution will be extracted.

Loved this sequence from McDaid. Clear DKR influence.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I am ambivalent about Ursa's death; would have liked her to stick around longer but I'll wait and see how it goes. I feel like the "transition ritual" may be teasing more.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I might have to read the previous issue again, but I think in that one Khunds had no idea that there were Kryptonians on the planet, but according to this issue they were fully aware of it?
    Hmm, not necessarily, if Lor-Zod wasn't explicit about exactly who inhabited the planet. They just knew there was a weapon there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Loved this sequence from McDaid. Clear DKR influence.
    Yes definitely.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD #7

Written by JOE CASEY
    Art by DAN McDAID
    Cover by JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER
    Variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/3/24
    As General Zod finally takes full command of his alien legion of super-villains, the Emerald Empress strikes! If Zod can withstand her insidious attack, the cosmic secret of the Eye will finally be revealed! The road to Zod’s ultimate vengeance continues!