Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/Iw1YBUqBovM?si=xb_fUFZCTzXMWJ0Z

-Casey thinks the nostalgia loop is over and The Flash + Indiana Jones flopping is what sealed the deal for him on that. He thought people would show up for both but they didn’t and now he thinks pop culture has to start innovating again
    -The superhero movies that succeed going forward will be the ones that budget properly and show something new
    -DC came to Casey and told him they wanted to make Zod a real bastard again
    -Casey’s taking Zod through his Dark Night of the Soul, dismantling everything that Zod has gained like his family and his planet
    -Rare thing to have an artist on all 12 issues but he and McDaid want to try and pull it off. McDaid loves Superman and his universe
    -Very violent and deranged, this is Casey’s “penance” for doing a pacifist Superman
    -Present day not a flashback, it’s meant to set up Zod for a clash with Superman in the future
    -Had a conference call with Williamson and PKJ where they shared what they were planning. Says the Superman line right now reminds him of the cohesion of the Superman line where he was working with Loeb and Kelly
    -Casey was the one who pitched McDaid as the perfect artist for the book
    -It’s weird to him what DC decides to collect and what they don’t, now that he’s working for them again he would like to try and get his stuff collected
    -There are other DC characters he would like to do, he’s only interested in the *big* characters (jokes that he has no desire to do a Ragman mini). Mostly because the marketplace is not in any shape to sustain the smaller characters right now
    -Picked Zod because Zod has a cultural cache that goes beyond the comics, loves the title because it leans into that
    -He got to write big characters previously but looking back he’s not sure he handled them right. He was in his “punk rocker” mindset where he did a pacifist Superman to subvert the character, same approach he had to X-Men
    -Now when he gets characters he’s going to try and do as mainstream/commercial approach to the characters as he can. Any pet projects he wants to do he’d rather do as indie stuff

Lots of other stuff there that I skipped over since it wasn’t pertinent to the thread but he talks about his Wildstorm plans that got cut short if you’re interested.
    I think Spider-Man: NWH was the only time nolstalgia seemed to really work for the box office.

Sounds like the Super-Office in general wanted a villain Zod back and that's what they're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Spider-Man: NWH was the only time nolstalgia seemed to really work for the box office.

Sounds like the Super-Office in general wanted a villain Zod back and that's what they're getting.
    Nostalgia works when you actually use it, and don't just tease it or show it but mess it up.

https://x.com/danmcdaid/status/17126...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Issue one of #KneelBeforeZod is in the can! It's going to BLOW. YOUR. MINDS.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Dammit, will this book just come out already?!? I am so excited and the wait is killing me.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

That Zod stare !

Looks like Lor is part of Tomasi’s Sinister Sons counterpart series to Super Sons (which is apparently still happening despite Tomasi going exclusive at Ghost Machine). Guess he and Ursa maybe don’t die, or get sent to the PZ, maybe they just get exiled for some reason. Could see a dark reprise of Kal being put in a rocket with Zod forcing Ursa and Lor into a rocket off world to save them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It is not out of the question that nobody told Tomasi that Lor is going to die.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Looks like Lor is part of Tomasi’s Sinister Sons counterpart series to Super Sons (which is apparently still happening despite Tomasi going exclusive at Ghost Machine). Guess he and Ursa maybe don’t die, or get sent to the PZ, maybe they just get exiled for some reason. Could see a dark reprise of Kal being put in a rocket with Zod forcing Ursa and Lor into a rocket off world to save them.
    Well they are all finishing their contracted works so looks like Sinister Sons managed to be far enough in production before the Ghost Machine greenlit.

I guess Tomasi couldn't come up with an evil Joker kid so he came up with kid Sinestro.

this is so stupid.....

We've already seen Thaal Sinestro's kids. He only had one... Soranik. She's a former Green Lantern and current Sinestro Corps member.
    wait.... Maybe this is supposed to be Sarko? Soranik and Kyle Rayner had a kid together in one alternate future.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    this is so stupid.....

We've already seen Thaal Sinestro's kids. He only had one... Soranik. She's a former Green Lantern and current Sinestro Corps member.
    wait.... Maybe this is supposed to be Sarko? Soranik and Kyle Rayner had a kid together in one alternate future.
    I think the kid only thinks he's Sinestro's son.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    True. Would be hilarious if that’s what turns out to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Tomasi couldn't come up with an evil Joker kid so he came up with kid Sinestro.
    Technically he did, he created those kid villain fanboys in one of his Super Sons minis.

Yeah, adventures of super sons mini had kid Joker and kid Lex. Sinson is likely to be fanboy as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This would be truly next level editorial incompetence. Therefore it's not just plausible, but likely.

As far as the general idea goes... at first glance it almost feels like self-parody, and not in the good way. Thinking deeper on it, though... exploring the world of tyrannical supervillains as seen from the point of view of kids who idolize them is a great idea. It just doesn't look like this would have done anything interesting with it. How well did Tomasi write those mini-Legion of Doom characters in the Super Sons mini?

I don't remember. That probably says something.