Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Sounds like Zod puts his family.in the phantom zone to keep them safe from whoever is attacking them,not outright losing them from someone killing them
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Sounds like Zod puts his family.in the phantom zone to keep them safe from whoever is attacking them,not outright losing them from someone killing them
    Had a similar takeaway. They don’t want to go into the PZ but he forcibly puts them there to “save” them - maybe the same way Superman “saved” Mon-El - would fit the criteria of what Casey is describing. My guess is they will be fatally wounded by soldiers from the United Planets who view Zod as a threat, and that’s why he blames Kal-El.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can't wait until he destroys a universe .

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD #1

Written by JOE CASEY

Art by DAN McDAID

Cover by JASON SHAWN ALEXANDER

Variant covers by NATHAN SZERDY and BJÖRN BARENDS

1:25 variant cover by RAFAEL SARMENTO

1:50 variant cover by DAN McDAID

Special foil variant cover by ARIEL COLÓN ($5.99 US)

$3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 1/2/24

General Zod was Krypton’s most notorious criminal. Now he has an entire planet to rule—but what happens when the most dangerous individual in the universe gets everything he ever wanted? Obviously, he wants more— and he’ll stop at nothing to get it—in the most brutal series you’ll read this year! This is not a hero’s journey. This is a dark ride, brought to you by the sick and twisted minds of Adventures of Superman writer Joe Casey and artist Dan McDaid in his monumental main-line DC debut. For General Zod and his family, the descent into hell has just begun.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's always funny when they make a big villain more anti-hero or more liable to work with the hero only to then proceed to do a storyline where they go bad hard again.

Well everyone except Harley .

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man Lor got some emo hair there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Art looks great here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Art looks great, I hope they go full Invincible/Injustice with the blood and gore . No reason for Zod to hold back, and his son already seems to be racking up a body count.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's always funny when they make a big villain more anti-hero or more liable to work with the hero only to then proceed to do a storyline where they go bad hard again.

Well everyone except Harley .
    Unlike Harley most of these face turns generate very little $$.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's always funny when they make a big villain more anti-hero or more liable to work with the hero...
    Cullen Bunn made a living off those spin-off books for a few years. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Cullen Bunn made a living off those spin-off books for a few years. Lol.
    You're not wrong .

https://www.youtube.com/Iw1YBUqBovM?si=xb_fUFZCTzXMWJ0Z

-Casey thinks the nostalgia loop is over and The Flash + Indiana Jones flopping is what sealed the deal for him on that. He thought people would show up for both but they didn’t and now he thinks pop culture has to start innovating again
    -The superhero movies that succeed going forward will be the ones that budget properly and show something new
    -DC came to Casey and told him they wanted to make Zod a real bastard again
    -Casey’s taking Zod through his Dark Night of the Soul, dismantling everything that Zod has gained like his family and his planet
    -Rare thing to have an artist on all 12 issues but he and McDaid want to try and pull it off. McDaid loves Superman and his universe
    -Very violent and deranged, this is Casey’s “penance” for doing a pacifist Superman
    -Present day not a flashback, it’s meant to set up Zod for a clash with Superman in the future
    -Had a conference call with Williamson and PKJ where they shared what they were planning. Says the Superman line right now reminds him of the cohesion of the Superman line where he was working with Loeb and Kelly
    -Casey was the one who pitched McDaid as the perfect artist for the book
    -It’s weird to him what DC decides to collect and what they don’t, now that he’s working for them again he would like to try and get his stuff collected
    -There are other DC characters he would like to do, he’s only interested in the *big* characters (jokes that he has no desire to do a Ragman mini). Mostly because the marketplace is not in any shape to sustain the smaller characters right now
    -Picked Zod because Zod has a cultural cache that goes beyond the comics, loves the title because it leans into that
    -He got to write big characters previously but looking back he’s not sure he handled them right. He was in his “punk rocker” mindset where he did a pacifist Superman to subvert the character, same approach he had to X-Men
    -Now when he gets characters he’s going to try and do as mainstream/commercial approach to the characters as he can. Any pet projects he wants to do he’d rather do as indie stuff

Lots of other stuff there that I skipped over since it wasn’t pertinent to the thread but he talks about his Wildstorm plans that got cut short if you’re interested.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I actually quite liked his X-Men but his Wildcats was on another level. Happy to have him back here and McDaid saying he likes Superman... I'd gladly buy whatever he decided to do anyway.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oh and he mentions wanting McDaid on for the first 12 issues, clearly he is hoping for more. Love the idea of Zod as Superman’s Doom, if the execution is good then hope to get a long run from Casey and co on Zod.