All-New Member

Default Flying city ruled by a king lizard?

Hi guys.
    Im looking for a comic book about a Flying city ruled by a king lizard?
    One of the best titles ever but cant remember the name.
    Any ideas?

BANNED

BANNED

You might be thinking of Neil Gaiman's Teknophage.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 09-07-2014 at 04:17 PM.

BANNED

Or possibly Nextwave. NEXTWAVE!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Brilliant - that's it. Thanks a million

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Was always curious if this ever hit trades or will at some future date. Don't have copies in front of me but I seem to remember it may have been Gaimans own comic company. Also don't forget along similar lines the cosmic alligator nemesis that Aztec Ace used to go up against back during the Eclipse comics days.Lot's of luck finding any of those comics. They are pretty rare and have never been collected to the best of my knowledge.

Oh, the old Tekno Comics line. That whole thing was a fool's errand from start to finish: Have name authors (or their estates in the case of Isaac Asimov) develop properties, and then get rank-and-file freelancers to do the actual writing. The owners took a bath, and I doubt the material will ever see the light of day again.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Oh, the old Tekno Comics line. That whole thing was a fool's errand from start to finish: Have name authors (or their estates in the case of Isaac Asimov) develop properties, and then get rank-and-file freelancers to do the actual writing. The owners took a bath, and I doubt the material will ever see the light of day again.
    I wouldn't say all of them were that kind of bait and switch, although most were. Teknophage had a really impressive creative team in Rick Veitch and Bryan Talbot for its first six issues, and I-Bots had Howard Chaykin, George Perez, and Steven Grant.

BANNED

Yeah, the line is much maligned because of its gimmick of putting big names on the covers that don't really work on the books, but a surprising amount of the Tekno comics are actually good. Mickey Spillane's Mike Danger is written by Max Allan Collins and is very good. It takes one of Spillane's hard-boiled PI types and plops him into a politically correct future. But I'd also recommend Mr. Hero: The Newmatic Man (written by James Vance) and Teknophage.