Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    There are a number of characters that could be the last and final hero. Mutant, human, Eternal, Inhuman, Axi-Tun, or synthetic being, it doesn't really matter to me, just as long as readers are able to buy into whatever the author is putting down. They chose Luke for this story, so cool, let's run with it.

My only concern is that someone at Marvel decided that the only way this makes their story compelling is if Luke was more like the Iron Fist and the Hulk, than Luke Cage. Given that this is comics and power creeps and changes happen all of the time, the creative team could have simply established that Luke's own personal abilities mutated over time. Giving him the Iron Fist and the Hulk's abilities is just a cheap way to inject those characters into the plot. It reminds me of what one of my old literary professors used to say (paraphrased): "You can't really ever tell a story in America about a great Black character without having a White character to support and define him in some significant way. Not if you want to actually sell that story to the general public." Well, mission accomplished.
    Agreed, and besides when you have The Sentry's power what's the point in needing Iron Fists or Hulk's power? I absolutely love your idea. Maybe there's a final stage to Luke's natural power evolution, and since it's all make believe it can be almost anything. That's where creativity should shine.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

My teenage nephew saw this and commented, "That's Marvel for you. It's the end of time and the Black man remains half-blind and still in chains." All I could do was laugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images