Lightbulb Reboot idea for Inferior Five... Take 2

After paying attention to something I recently read on TV Tropes about Superman's appearance changing how the general public thought about superheroes and here is an idea that would work with the Inferior Five.

Set right before Man of Steel #1, The Inferior Five are a group of 18 to 23 year olds who as a joke and as punishment from their parents for different reason's were made to dress up as incompetent heroes to demonstrate their incompetence in all scenarios. However Superman manages to give them unintentional inspiration to actually start to not only act like superheroes, but to aso improve their lives, at the end of the comic they are at best C list heroes but they're the "Best Damn Heroes We Can Be!!"

Does this work?

It's sounds like a fun comedic pitch. I felt like Mark Russel would've been a good fit for it.

Who?
    Also I wouldn't like Riley Rossmo to do the artwork, His artwork only worked on Harley Quinn, anything else it looks as if he is unwell whilst he does the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBatman View Post
    Who?
    Also I wouldn't like Riley Rossmo to do the artwork, His artwork only worked on Harley Quinn, anything else it looks as if he is unwell whilst he does the artwork.
    https://markrussellbooks.com/

He's a comic writer who does satire. I know him from his indie work but he does stuff for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://markrussellbooks.com/

He's a comic writer who does satire. I know him from his indie work but he does stuff for DC.
    Is he he same Mark Russell who did comedy specials on TV, on which he sang satiric songs? One example: "The Vatican Rag."
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Is he he same Mark Russell who did comedy specials on TV, on which he sang satiric songs? One example: "The Vatican Rag."
    Unlikely as his Wikipedia entry only lists him as a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    That Mark Russell died in April of this year, so I doubt he's writing anything without a Ouija board. And even then, that'd take a LONG time.

A way that would show character development would be the characters making ther own costumes and having a unique way for super powers, for example Dumb Bunny and Awkwardman would have exosuits to simulate super strenth and The Blimp would wear an antigravity suit, White Feather would wield crossbows hidden into his suit and Merryman would change his costume so he looks less unintentionally Joker-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's sounds like a fun comedic pitch. I felt like Mark Russel would've been a good fit for it.
    tbh i concur with you, Mark Russell is the best man for the job

After paying attention to something I recently read on TV Tropes about Superman's appearance changing how the general public thought about superheroes and here is an idea that would work with the Inferior Five.

Set right before Man of Steel #1, The Inferior Five are a group of 18 to 23 year olds who as a joke and as punishment from their parents for different reason's were made to dress up as incompetent heroes to demonstrate their incompetence in all scenarios. However Superman manages to give them unintentional inspiration to actually start to not only act like superheroes, but to aso improve their lives, at the end of the comic they are at best C list heroes but they're the "Best Damn Heroes We Can Be!!"

Does this work?
    The generational conflict works. The rest... Not, it not work.

The Inferior 5 was a way how the creatives were mocking, spoofing the superhero as concept (as Merryman himself put it: "If I am going to act like a clown, better dress like one" ) and used them to throw jabs at the pop culture of their time. They mocked very much also the nascent Marvel comics, and mocking them too, but in some moment someone decided they should act as if they tried to be "serious real heroes" and then it was when they lost their charm.

A way that would show character development would be the characters making ther own costumes and having a unique way for super powers, for example Dumb Bunny and Awkwardman would have exosuits to simulate super strenth and The Blimp would wear an antigravity suit, White Feather would wield crossbows hidden into his suit and Merryman would change his costume so he looks less unintentionally Joker-esque.
    Trying to make them serious... I think in the Bat-mite series they tried to explained why that doesn't work.

But I agree than Mark Russell could make something interesting with them, specially if he put an emphasis in their incompetence, something they were well self-aware about.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin