Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Days The Music Almost Ended....Modern Country Music.

The last week has seen 2 big controversies rage in music. Well....sh-t music that a lot of us have begged to see ended for years. But were forced to sit and hear it on radios due to lots of young women eyeing the male singers. So were forced as a nation to bear this ....and have for years.

The guy in the picture is Jason "Squints Hard" Aldean. A modern era country singer who has released 10 albums of material that really , I'd only play if I chose to torture my ears and had lots of liquor to drink. Because the pain of listening to that crap would shatter my soul. Somehow its sold 40 million albums , mostly to 30-40ish women who miss their HS days and picture Aldean as their husbands.

Beyond torturing us for years and 10 albums , back in 2017...while playing in Vegas ; Aldean was miles away from one of the deadliest shootings in US history. Where a man killed 60 innocent people. This tragedy seemingly inspired Jason Aldean 6 years later (and writers for this song) to believe this wouldn't have happened in a small town.

The song "Try This in A Small Town" was released and CMT removed the song. The lyrics could be interpreted in various ways. I won't go into that . This led to a controversy where 30-40ish women were offended their stallion was getting a song not played. Where they have raged for days over it on social media. Because ....darn it ....Jason Aldean is a MAN. This led to the Conservatives to chime in to PROTECT JASON ALDEAN !

Which is pretty funny considering we had a conservative dude burning Barbie's just recently over a film subject matter , while they are mocking libs for being snowflakes over a song lyric.

AldeanGate continues to rage on. With fake articles being linked to claiming singers like Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton were removing their deals with CMT. For awhile a lot of us breathed a relief....this modern country music era was ending. More could follow and we could see a barren wasteland and change finally. Instead.....

It was all fake. No.....not real. So our torment will continue on. All while we get more crap from these guys.

That same week Miranda Lambert (not a fan either really) was performing a concert. She grew tired of someone taking selfies in the crowd and called them out. Which really some few applauded and has had stars like Dave Chappelle , Jack White and others bring up how people act with phones at concerts.

The same people ready to get fully behind Mr. Squinty eyes ....were busy giving Lambert PURE HELL online for her calling this out. It was delicious to see people angry , blasting her for ruining a concert etc. It was very wild to see 2 sides of country music fans in a week attack someone and then back someone.

In either way its like modern country music had hit its hardest moment. One where its very fans seemed to be in full rages on. A lot of us sitting back wished it would have ate itself. But alas ...that won't happen.

During all this controversy ...Pat Boone rematerialized to form a deeply conservative man who blasted the moral sickness in this country and more for Jason Aldean's song. To the shock of many....yes Pat Boone is still alive. He hasn't been relevant in years but still makes music.

Its just music your grand folks listen to , unless its the Metal album he did. Which they think Boone lost his mind then in 1997. But he still makes wholesome music for your grandparents.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/20/pat-bo...oral-sickness/

Either way....it appears we as a country is cursed.

CURSED....

To more modern country music.

Oh man...I'm gonna drink some Jack Daniels after typing this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

I'm not bothered with the song lyrics except for the lines about stomping on the flag and cussing out a cop. Protected free speech.

I will never understand how any American... anyone who takes pride in being American, can at the same time be legally opposed to flag burning or flag desecration. I understand if someone's offended, but legal opposition is just stupid. You might as well throw out the first amendment then. The whole point of the first amendment is to protect speech you find offensive. Flag burning is not a personal attack, not a threat to violence, not a personal insult. Maybe it's an insult to an institution, a country... but that's the whole point. What is the point of free speech if the only speech that is free is the speech you don't find offensive?

If you think that Aldean's song is bad please don't listen to Hank Jr., Hank the Third, Jennings, Jonny Paycheck, Merle Haggard, David Allen Coe and many many more. Some would argue that Alden's song is week compared to some of the Outlaw Country of the 70's and 80's.

Lambert, Well Bruce Dickinson stopped an Iron Maiden concert last year in California for some one in the audience smoking weed, which had a split of fans and other Metal bands. This is not the first time an artiest stopped a show for some asinine reason.

Pat Boone is gonna Pat Boone, Dude is 90 years old. And to tell the truth the biggest thing I really remember about him is that Ozzy Osborne said that he was the the best Neighbors he ever had and Pat returned in kind saying that the loved having the Osbornes as neighbors.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well....sh-t music that a lot of us have begged to see ended for years. But were forced to sit and hear it on radios due to lots of young women eyeing the male singers.
    I hate modern country music, have for decades since the 1990's, and I was just a kid back then. I really hate modern country. But goddamn this is the most sexist thing I've read all week...month? In a while, which in our increasingly incel misogynist bs culture is saying something.