Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that this in a way is destroying wider DC universe. If Batman can be in any story then why bother publishing other characters? They can just cameo in Batman's books.
    Disagree - Batman can be in any type of story, but can't be in every story. Just like Superman can be in any type of story, but shouldn't be in every story.
    Batman facing the occasional paranormal menace isn't some F U to other heroes, just like other heroes fighting street level gangsters or the mob isn't some F U to Batman.

Am I really the only one who likes the pitch for this book?
    (Whether I like the actual book or not depends on how well the writer pulls it off, but the pitch/premise has me intrigued.)

I'm digging the premise and I'm tied between picking this one and Grampe's Gargoyle of Gotham.

I'm fine with Batman having horror stories and more supernatural dilemmas. It feels like it fits him more than something more hightech/scifi.

Extraordinary Member

Oh hey, blonde Two-Face with the split room!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Art looks good, but why purple Bat symbol and cape underside/lining?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think it's just artist flair/lighting.

Serious question...

Is there a good argument against doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Serious question...

Is there a good argument against doing that?
    Depends on whether you think "his costume's never had that coloring before" is a good argument or not.

To me?

That is a color scheme whose time has come.

This is an amazing Batman visual .

Incredible Member

Wow, fantastic art. Some of the best I've seen in years. Wish all of DC's comics were as visually interesting as this.

Disagree - Batman can be in any type of story, but can't be in every story. Just like Superman can be in any type of story, but shouldn't be in every story.
    Batman facing the occasional paranormal menace isn't some F U to other heroes, just like other heroes fighting street level gangsters or the mob isn't some F U to Batman.

Am I really the only one who likes the pitch for this book?
    (Whether I like the actual book or not depends on how well the writer pulls it off, but the pitch/premise has me intrigued.)
    DC publishes lots of Batman so I think that he can actually be in every story.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    DC publishes lots of Batman so I think that he can actually be in every story.
    Well he shouldn't. My point was just because he can fit into every type of story doesn't make other characters redundant. It's like when Superman takes on a more mob/gang-like take on Intergang and "Boss" Moxie and Bruno Mannheim doesn't mean Batman and other street levelers need to pack up and go. Batman taking on the supernatural in one of his books doesn't mean Zatanna or the Justice League Dark is pointless. Plus I just honestly hate the "characters must stay in 'their lane'" idea some fans have. I like when characters move more out of what is expected with them. I'd like to see Superman take on the mob or whatever more - my favorite Superman story of all time doesn't have him fight some big overpowered city ender or world ender, but has him beat down a bunch of racists (Superman Smashes the Klan, I can never say enough good things about that book, so perfect!). But that's just me.

I think there should be limits. Batman dealing with Ra's? Perfectly fine with me. There being some mirror horror Gotham under the real Gotham? Maybe taking things a bit too far here.