Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ahhh.... tY!

Oh yeah, did you add Dr. Stasis to the Marvel side?
    If that's addressed to me, I'm not sure I understand. I checked just now, and found that two years ago "Dr. Stasis" debuted as a previously-unknown clone of the original Nathaniel Essex in the MU. But if he's duplicating the alias of a DCU character, I wasn't able to find that person mentioned on dcuguide.com or dc.fandom.com. Did you have someone in mind as his DC namesake who should be the other half of a new entry on my list of duplicates? If so, please fill me in!

By the way, I posted in here last night right before I went to bed. I now see that, because I was so tired, I didn't bother to read the entire thread before I replied to the bit that had caught my eye. (Normally, I would be more careful.) If I had bothered, I would have seen that you'd already been thoughtful enough to provide a link to my Fifth Draft from way back when, which would have saved me the trouble of doing the same thing. I'm embarrassed that I seemed to be ignoring part of what you'd already said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    If that's addressed to me, I'm not sure I understand. I checked just now, and found that two years ago "Dr. Stasis" debuted as a previously-unknown clone of the original Nathaniel Essex in the MU. But if he's duplicating the alias of a DCU character, I wasn't able to find that person mentioned on dcuguide.com or dc.fandom.com. Did you have someone in mind as his DC namesake who should be the other half of a new entry on my list of duplicates? If so, please fill me in!

By the way, I posted in here last night right before I went to bed. I now see that, because I was so tired, I didn't bother to read the entire thread before I replied to the bit that had caught my eye. (Normally, I would be more careful.) If I had bothered, I would have seen that you'd already been thoughtful enough to provide a link to my Fifth Draft from way back when, which would have saved me the trouble of doing the same thing. I'm embarrassed that I seemed to be ignoring part of what you'd already said.
    Well the list has a "Stasis" on DC side, but not Dr. Stasis, so not sure that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well the list has a "Stasis" on DC side, but not Dr. Stasis, so not sure that counts.
    If someone normally introduces themselves with such names as "Doctor Whatever" or "Mister Whatever," I don't count that as a duplicate of the name "Whatever." I decided to see how many Doctor-names I actually have in the draft I'm currently working on. I was a bit surprised to see that the grand total in that area is 18.

Here they are:

Doctor Claw
    Doctor Dark/Doctor Darrk
    Doctor Destiny
    Doctor Doom/Doctor Doome
    Doctor Eternity
    Doctor Faustus
    Doctor Fear
    Doctor Hurt
    Doctor Pain/Doctor Paine
    Doctor Rocket
    Doctor Sin/Doctor Synne
    Doctor Time/Doctor Tyme
    Doctor Voodoo
    Doctor Vortex
    Doctor Weird
    Doctor Yes
    Doctor Z
    Doctor Zero

I don't count any of those as being "duplicates" of the names of such people as Voodoo (Priscilla Kitaen) of the WildC.A.T.s, or Destiny (Irene Adler), the precognitive mutant.

Of course, some of those Doctor-names I just listed were only used by characters who have become incredibly obscure. For instance, DC's Doctor Z is a Golden Age villain who once fought the Boy Commandos. His namesake, Marvel's Doctor Z, is a character who debuted in the Ultraverse in the 1990s -- just in time to get himself killed by a villain called Rafferty, who was on a crusade to wipe out as many Ultras (superhumans) as possible. To the best of my knowledge, neither of those characters has ever made a comeback. So, if someone in the comics industry were to create a new character, give him that same alias, and publish his debut story as Doctor Z #1, I suspect that 99.99% of the prospective audience would think that was an interesting name which had never been used before!
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 08-21-2023 at 04:56 PM.