Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Speaking of Inhumans, wasn’t Crystal supposed to appear in this?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So did Rahne have a chance to see Moira as a villain?
    Killing Jean and holding Charles hostage.
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one who remembers Rahne was Moira's adopted daughter. It's sort of the same deal with Doug having been back from the dead for ten years and never having had panel time with Rahne.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one who remembers Rahne was Moira's adopted daughter. It's sort of the same deal with Doug having been back from the dead for ten years and never having had panel time with Rahne.
    I also remember it, but Krakoa is not much in characterization, stories are more political and the general dream of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Yep. Even though they've been in the same room a number of times. When they went to find Sam in space. That party after X of Swords. The party in the 40th anniversary . . . I think she was a least playing a game with him and his wife in that one though. Shuffle board or something?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And you do that by trashing POC and LGBTQA+? Feige is not going to spend his time putting out that fire.

If that was the case you would scorch EARTH all the mutants and just leave Ms Marvel. Ax every X book except one with her going on some quest to find them or some sort of bridge to being them back.

This has nothing to do with him.

This was just TRASH.

As others have said you would have to suspend belief that the mutants were NOT aware of the Orchis and would EXPECT them to crash an event like the Gala. X-Force, Hellions, X-Academy, New Mutants, Alpha Flight, X-Terminators, X-Factor and even the Avengers would be ready.

From DAY ONE I would not want all my mutants in such a central location. You are BEGGING to get attacked. That is just LOGIC. Even crazy Batman can figure that out.
    Lol, I hear you! I thought the chef's kiss of ignorance was seeing Synch finally being made a leader of the main X-Men squad just to have it decimated in the very next second. One wonders if the editorial heads chuckled their butts off at the approved visuals of the make up of the team just being gutted in spectacular fashion. It's typical to see as many black X-Men there for the dying cause I know for damn sure they're not going to leading the charge in flexing on their enemies in vengeance. With the exception of the quota kid Storm.

Fantastic Member

For all the drama queens raging in this thread:

A big part of x-men history are Oh S*** moments. Thunderbird, Phoenix dying. The first Mutant Massacre, Seige Perilous. This had that tone, and blessedly without the dourness of Decimation Day or that Inhuman cloud nonsense. It was hard read but that’s the point. They’re down but still in the game is another point. And I’m genuinely curious to see what happens next.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hey, I was wondering, were there those 6 panel strips of the X-Men candidates (who we could vote for), like the previous years? Usually BleedingCool had them, but so far I must have missed them. If there were, can someone please post them here?

I really would appreciate that.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    For all the drama queens raging in this thread:

A big part of x-men history are Oh S*** moments. Thunderbird, Phoenix dying. The first Mutant Massacre, Seige Perilous. This had that tone, and blessedly without the dourness of Decimation Day or that Inhuman cloud nonsense. It was hard read but that’s the point. They’re down but still in the game is another point. And I’m genuinely curious to see what happens next.
    I think you are completely missing the point of those "drama queens"....

Unglaublich!

I get that, ultimately, Charles ceded the victory to Orchis when he realised that they had to a gun to the head of every recipient of the medicines but, prior to that, there was some Omega-level nerfing taking place.

Apocalypse, Magneto, Storm, Cable, Manifold all either dead or not present; that's a loss of a handful of heavy hitters. But Exodus was still there. The same Exodus who fought both the X-Men and Avengers to a standstill on his own in Blood Ties.

The New X-Men took down a single Nimrod essentially on their own.

The marshalled forces of Utopia (less than 200 mutants?) defended against thousands of Nimrods in Second Coming.

Hope would have had access to the mutant powers of every mutant in attendance at the Gala, all at the same time.

Proteus is a literal reality warper.

It's an island literally crawling with mutant WMDs!

The point is, Nimrod was the initial attack by himself and the only combatants were Iceman, Jean and Juggernaut. Based on past exploits, the mutants could've despatched him very easily indeed and braced for the inevitable second wave. But, of course, they had to evacuate the human guests.

So where was Pixie? As someone else mentioned, Magik could've used a teleportation spell rather than her X-gene? Lourdes could've helped evac earlier?

The whole thing was honestly a representation of incompetence on the Krakoan nation's part more than it was a demonstration of the might and foresight of Orchis. I know that it needed to happen on the page to show the flaws of the Krakoan era, but anyone with any sort of knowledge of the X-books history should be scratching their heads a little about how it all went down.

Mighty Member

Wow, they really pull a 'BATTLE ROYALE' for the loser of candidates.

FXjeDcNX0AUk7J0.jpg

Nope, you're not. Armor. I see the future. I am glad you are away from this.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 07-28-2023 at 12:35 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I get that, ultimately, Charles ceded the victory to Orchis when he realised that they had to a gun to the head of every recipient of the medicines but, prior to that, there was some Omega-level nerfing taking place.

Apocalypse, Magneto, Storm, Cable, Manifold all either dead or not present; that's a loss of a handful of heavy hitters. But Exodus was still there. The same Exodus who fought both the X-Men and Avengers to a standstill on his own in Blood Ties.

The New X-Men took down a single Nimrod essentially on their own.

The marshalled forces of Utopia (less than 200 mutants?) defended against thousands of Nimrods in Second Coming.

Hope would have had access to the mutant powers of every mutant in attendance at the Gala, all at the same time.

Proteus is a literal reality warper.

It's an island literally crawling with mutant WMDs!

The point is, Nimrod was the initial attack by himself and the only combatants were Iceman, Jean and Juggernaut. Based on past exploits, the mutants could've despatched him very easily indeed and braced for the inevitable second wave. But, of course, they had to evacuate the human guests.

So where was Pixie? As someone else mentioned, Magik could've used a teleportation spell rather than her X-gene? Lourdes could've helped evac earlier?

The whole thing was honestly a representation of incompetence on the Krakoan nation's part more than it was a demonstration of the might and foresight of Orchis. I know that it needed to happen on the page to show the flaws of the Krakoan era, but anyone with any sort of knowledge of the X-books history should be scratching their heads a little about how it all went down.
    You know what, I didn't complain about Orchis victory in this book....

Okay, I only loosely follow comics at this point. But I make a point to drop in on the X-Men from time to time, and I have been sorta keeping up with the Krakoan era. But could someone please tell me why Moira has gone completely batsh*t crazy? Not to mention they full-on drew her like the Joker in a few panels.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Is Moira redeemable after this ?

Sadly I would think not. I hate what's become of her character...

Of course this is comics and they could always retcon her and Beast as Clones of Sinister.
    This Moira isn't exactly the same Moira, though. She's surrendered her memories and I guess her personality into a robot, and is no longer human or mutant. So I think the character of Moira as we knew her before could return, with enough of a redemption arc.

Hell, in this state, she could likely just be reprogrammed by the likes of Forge, Beast, Trinary, or Hijack...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And you do that by trashing POC and LGBTQA+? Feige is not going to spend his time putting out that fire.

If that was the case you would scorch EARTH all the mutants and just leave Ms Marvel. Ax every X book except one with her going on some quest to find them or some sort of bridge to being them back.

This has nothing to do with him.

This was just TRASH.

As others have said you would have to suspend belief that the mutants were NOT aware of the Orchis and would EXPECT them to crash an event like the Gala. X-Force, Hellions, X-Academy, New Mutants, Alpha Flight, X-Terminators, X-Factor and even the Avengers would be ready.

From DAY ONE I would not want all my mutants in such a central location. You are BEGGING to get attacked. That is just LOGIC. Even crazy Batman can figure that out.
    Did they learn nothing from the Morlocks, Genosha, Utopia???
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

This Nimrod doesn't have a database to pull from of future events like the Bastion from second coming so defo a disadvantage.

Also it's a bit weird considering Exodus took out a giant eternal. So there are definitely fair criticisms