Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This was lame. As expected, this story doesn't work at all without a massive amount of plot-induced stupidity. A bunch of pointless destruction for shock value. Pathetic
    It honestly amazes me how apparently Magik was the only teleporter at the Gala to the point that they had no exit strategy once she was disabled. You’d really think that given how important of an event this is that they’d have multiple teleporters attending. Hell, even if Illyana’s powers had been disabled, isn’t she the one who taught Pixie the teleportation spell she uses? Why didn’t she use her magic knowledge?

Spectacular Member

I hate the fact that the books are now back to the mutants are close to extinction status again, however marvel is implying that this is temporary and I am kind of excited to see the x-men rise from this situation. My hope: the x-men rally and destroy Orchis in an extremely satisfying way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

It's a massive issue so I'll try to make this as concise as possible. It's mind-blowing, heart-breaking stuff with a lot of details so please feel free to ask questions.

There's a ton of caption boxes which made me very happy.

We open with the preview pages, Emma and Scott discussing Kamala's secret and then we see her resurrection on Krakoa. Scott and Emma approach, Kamala saying she'll never get used to seeing Scott as an old dude as they hug. Emma is hoping Kamala will "come out" publicly as a mutant at the Gala but Kamala says she's not coming out. Emma hopes she reconsiders before the party which is that night and introduces her to Jumbo who will make her new costume and Gala look. Kamala asks about her parents and Emma says they'll call them later and rewrite the last few days of their memories. As Emma and Jumbo leave Kamala mentions to Scott that her embiggening powers are her Inhuman side and asks if she has a mutant power.

The Gala has started and we see planes and helicopters flying into Mykines Island. The Cuckoos start the opening announcement saying this year's party is Friendship and Futurism: A Dialogue. They welcome human guests whose lives have been made better by the medicines and hope their stories will dispel disinformation that's currently being spread by Krakoa's enemies. More preview pages as they invite guests to visit Forge to learn of his presentation and plan to solve the housing shortage and food insecurity that plague the world.

Scott tells Jeans that the alarm at the Treehouse is going off so he leaves to check it out. Juggernaut approaches and thanks Jean for everything the X-Men have been doing. She tells him that the team will need a powerhouse and a spot on the roster would be well deserved if he wishes to pursue it. Final preview page, Kate leaning against a gate when Raven and Destiny come rushing through it, bickering because Raven won't listen to her. We see Iceman and he reintroduces Romeo to Kate. Next scene:

Before he leaves she asks him what her mutant power is but he says he doesn't know. He believes her mutant gift never emerged after being suppressed by her Inhuman one. He can help unlock her mutant potential but that's her decision to make. Rasputin approaches and bows before Kamala. Rasputin is quite smitten with her and we learn Kamala is one of her heroes.

Magik has a brief encounter with two of the G.O.D.S. characters but not much happens just some seeds planted for another time.

Kingpin and Typhoid Mary are dancing and Captain Sam Wilson tells Prodigy and Frenzy that letting Fisk check into "Fantasy Island" isn't a good look. Prodigy is like he's not even in the top 100 bad guys we have on the island and Frenzy makes the excellent point that having villains like Kingpin on the island has benefits since he's surrounded by heroes all the time and being watched. Suddenly all of the Avengers get an alert about the attack in D.C. by fake Captain Krakoa at the Capitol. All of the Avengers leave to answer the call. Not good.

Watching them leave Rogue pulls out her Avengers frequency card and reads about the D.C. attack. Emma mentions to Rogue that the guests are nervous and that rumors of a civil war on Arakko are starting to spread. She asks why the Avengers are leaving so suddenly but before Rogue can answer she gets an alert that Captain Steve Rogers' distress beacon has activated and he's unresponsive. Emma asks if that happens a lot and Rogue says, "Not even once, Sugah" and rushes out while her outfit transforms into her uniform.

Lourdes appears via teleportation and tells Emma she can't find Shaw, he's not on Krakoa. Hmm.

Jean announces that it's time for the X-Men vote. She says that when she left the QC and formed the X-Men with Scott, their goal was to be an example for anyone who wanted to serve and to ready the next generation of heroes. "... but it was our great pleasure to discover that we were the students. Synch and Talon are ready to lead a new team of X-Men, so Scott and I are stepping back. We trust them implicitly to continue to save lives every day and be an inspiration for us all." Synch and Talon look surprised, Forge is giving Jean side eye, Emma is sipping champagne and Firestar looks shocked. The vote takes place and Jean introduces...

Man, those costumes are bad. But it occurs to me that the X-men team could be a good place for the lost new X-men to be rediscovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I hate the fact that the books are now back to the mutants are close to extinction status again, however marvel is implying that this is temporary and I am kind of excited to see the x-men rise from this situation. My hope: the x-men rally and destroy Orchis in an extremely satisfying way.
    My one hope in this is that mutantkind becomes smarter after this and realizes that placing all their eggs in one basket only makes it that much easier for their enemies to have an easy target and so while Krakoa is still around as their capital, mutantkind spreads out among the world (and Mars if that’s left standing).

Sorry, I know this couldn't have been easy to put together but the art was horrible. Too many different styles that just makes you disconnect from the story. Which is bad when the ACTUAL story isn't great either.

I know people are saying a lot of this stuff is PIS, and it IS, but we knew from the jump that when you had all of mutantkind united, that any threats to them just wouldn't be believable, and this certainly didn't prove that wrong either. I guess that's why I just shrugged. It had to happen, it did, and now we move on now that it's out the way. At least ORCHIS has finally done SOMETHING after nearly 4 years.

As for Moira? Just wow. I'm embarrassed at what the X office has done to this character. She's nothing but a joke. She's not threatening, she's not menacing, she's just fucking cringey and DUMB. She should have been killed at the end of Inferno if this was the best "direction" they had for her.

The best part of the issue? Jean telling Firestar to throw Beast under the bus for her con since everyone thinks he's **** anyway. Classic. Even near death Jean has time for shade. Love it!
    Last edited by Saturius; 07-26-2023 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It honestly amazes me how apparently Magik was the only teleporter at the Gala to the point that they had no exit strategy once she was disabled. You’d really think that given how important of an event this is that they’d have multiple teleporters attending. Hell, even if Illyana’s powers had been disabled, isn’t she the one who taught Pixie the teleportation spell she uses? Why didn’t she use her magic knowledge?
    They did have other teleporters

How did nimrod make juggernaut bleed?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They did have other teleporters

How did nimrod make juggernaut bleed?
    Then where were they when they were trying to evacuate the civilians and why didn’t they do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Then where were they when they were trying to evacuate the civilians and why didn’t they do anything?
    Exodus teleported Storm from Mars in Immortal X-Men a few issues ago.
    There's a lot of good questions why X didn't do X. Kingpin walking around Krakoa with no Psi blocker for one

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't believe no one's joked about Jean pardoning Moira before next year's relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Sorry, I know this couldn't have been easy to put together but the art was horrible. Too many different styles that just makes you disconnect from the story. Which is bad when the ACTUAL story isn't great either.

I know people are saying a lot of this stuff is PIS, and it IS, but we knew from the jump that when you had all of mutantkind united, that any threats to them just wouldn't be believable, and this certainly didn't prove that wrong either. I guess that's why I just shrugged. It had to happen, it did, and now we move on now that it's out the way. At least ORCHIS has finally done SOMETHING after nearly 4 years.

As for Moira? Just wow. I'm embarrassed at what the X office has done to this character. She's nothing but a joke. She's not threatening, she's not menacing, she's just fucking cringey and DUMB. She should have been killed at the end of Inferno if this was the best "direction" they had for her.

The best part of the issue? Jean telling Firestar to throw Beast under the bus for her con since everyone thinks he's **** anyway. Classic. Even near death Jean has time for shade. Love it!
    never understood these comments because they have been doing SOMETHING these 4 years, it has been shown consistently that they've been working in quiet, without notice. It always comes off across of people just willfully ignoring the story sometimes (this isnt directed towards you but in general)
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    never understood these comments because they have been doing SOMETHING these 4 years, it has been shown consistently that they've been working in quiet, without notice. It always comes off across of people just willfully ignoring the story sometimes (this isnt directed towards you but in general)
    I think a bit more elaboration and less advertising for the New God's book would have gone further. They're essentially the Hellfire Brats but at least Aaron attempted to explain their ridiculous technology.

Have they told us the identity of the 3 headed Sentinel yet?
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-26-2023 at 06:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Betsy, Rachel and Kwannon.

It's more to do with the hype from the creators and in story. Both had them acting like they were some mega, oppressive threat (HoX, Inferno etc.)and the stories just never bore that out despite those intentions. Here feels like their first legitimate assault that didn't feel so meek and half assed.
    Last edited by Saturius; 07-26-2023 at 06:11 PM.

How did Sinister trick Xavier?

Sinister: "Hey man I've tampered with your gates"
    Xavier: "Yeah I can see you use them"
    Sinister : Do as I say and you can save your hoomans
    Xavier : "Sure"
    Hears meat grinder noises
    Sinister : they're gone to Never land Paris

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Amelia Vought, Lilandra, Gabrielle Haller and Moira Mctaggart need to be the new Orchis council. I enjoyed what Hickman did with her but this is just ridiculous. Wonder if it's retconable
    Bendis had Mystique be one of Xavier’s lovers