Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    He did come off as someone who didn't think a creative vision should be interfered with, which is reasonable... in a vacuum, but a joint universe demands interference and curation.

Hopefully he's learned an important lesson.
    I think the lesson he learned is that Marvel isn’t going to pay him as much as Substack lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think the lesson he learned is that Marvel isn’t going to pay him as much as Substack lol.
    This and give him the freedom to use who he really wants to use or do.

Yeah there's probably A LOT of behind the scenes stuff we are still not privvy to. Just imagining all the hurdles writers have to go through to write the X-Men is crazy when they dont only have to deal with editiorial but everyone above editorial.

We blame editorial but theres also the people above them that have no clue about X-Men, are out of touch, and just want dollars.

Genocide again, how forward thinking of them.
    An office full of Caucasian writers writing genocide endlessly into this series just does not move me.

This isn't the serve they think it is.

However, they did succeed in getting an intense reaction out of the fandom.

It also makes me wonder with Krakoa out of commision and Arakko fractured if an Okkaran era awaits them when they eventually come out of this tragedy.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 07-30-2023 at 02:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

We're there any strips released of the vote candidates? I must have missed them.

If so, can someone post them here?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

So I have a few questions.
    When was it revealed that mother righteous was a clone of sinisters wife?
    Why was storm at the gala and where was she?
    When did stark build sentinels?
    If Juggernaut doesn't have the cytorrak crystal how does he have his powers?
    Have we seen much of Orbit Stellaris yet?
    finally who was the teleport Lourdes?

I thought this was a great issue. Years of villain build up culminated in this one. It set up soooo many characters moving forward. I'm really stoked to see Firestar have a real meaning and important part of X-men story telling too. Seeing Rogue tearing Moira apart was so satisfying. And telling firestar to sleep with the lights on....man what a tension builder it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    So I have a few questions.
    When was it revealed that mother righteous was a clone of sinisters wife?
    Why was storm at the gala and where was she?
    When did stark build sentinels?
    If Juggernaut doesn't have the cytorrak crystal how does he have his powers?
    Have we seen much of Orbit Stellaris yet?
    finally who was the teleport Lourdes?

I thought this was a great issue. Years of villain build up culminated in this one. It set up soooo many characters moving forward. I'm really stoked to see Firestar have a real meaning and important part of X-men story telling too. Seeing Rogue tearing Moira apart was so satisfying. And telling firestar to sleep with the lights on....man what a tension builder it is.
    Mother Righteous was revealed as Rebecca's clone in the fairly recent X-Men #23.
    Storm wasn't at the Gala she was on Arakko so Synch was asking Jean if she could reach her to request her help.
    I believe Stark has made Sentinels in the past but this new generation were made by Feilong, who recently took control of Stark Industries. He's Tony's arch-nemesis now and a member of Orchis.
    From what I understand Juggernaut is still strong but not as strong without the gem. I haven't been following his journey until now so maybe someone can chime in on that one.
    Orbis has been pretty absent except for a quick glimpse of him in the Sinister Four one-shot. He's been meeting with Stasis.
    Lourdes Chantel is a character from way back from the old Hellfire Club days who was brought back a couple of years ago.

Glad you liked the issue! There's a lot of exciting things going on and the X-Men definitely have their backs against the wall.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We're there any strips released of the vote candidates? I must have missed them.

No stripes, but X-men Unlimited Infinity Comics #100 will be a 6 part covering the voting candidates in the 23' Gala.

Astonishing Member

My stance will always be that the biggest problem with the resurrection protocols is that they've wasted them narratively speaking. I agree that they basically just use them as a plot contrivance that ends up just cheapening death as often as it ends up creating alternative stakes but I maintain that they COULD be used to tell entirely new stories if more writers just leaned into the implications of resurrection and its impact not just on a story but on a SOCIETY that has access to it. There's so much they could do with resurrection to help distinguish Krakoan culture as something very unique and with an entirely different way of life and view of mortality and that society's place within the larger Marvel universe if the writers just stopped looking it as an excuse to kill off characters without consequence and more as a catalyst for reinventing mutantkind's entire approach to existence.

I can't remember if I asked earlier... but any ideas what's going on with Forge? He resisted but seemed separated from the group that teleported to the HFC.

Also, I wonder if we will get more of the QC fallout. I feel like the attack let that announcement slip away.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I can't remember if I asked earlier... but any ideas what's going on with Forge? He resisted but seemed separated from the group that teleported to the HFC.

Also, I wonder if we will get more of the QC fallout. I feel like the attack let that announcement slip away.
    Yeah that was one of my bigger gripes.....tbh the Quiet Council all resigning and opening up the field for a whole new one to be voted in SHOULD have been one of the biggest moments of the entire era, but it became basically a non-point in the grand scheme of the Hellfire Gala.

Hopefully it'll take center stage and be given the room to breathe as a plot point as Fall of X reaches its conclusion, and the selection of a new Council will become a cornerstone for building a post FoX Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah that was one of my bigger gripes.....tbh the Quiet Council all resigning and opening up the field for a whole new one to be voted in SHOULD have been one of the biggest moments of the entire era, but it became basically a non-point in the grand scheme of the Hellfire Gala.

Hopefully it'll take center stage and be given the room to breathe as a plot point as Fall of X reaches its conclusion, and the selection of a new Council will become a cornerstone for building a post FoX Krakoa.
    I imagine it will in Rise of X but the attack sort of ignores the public fall out of it since they all need to unite now anyways.

I can't believe how many people are posting about genocide when it's pretty clear the portal portion of the "deaths" (aka the genocide) are just location to be revealed. MR touches the portal and takes a portion of Krakoa. And there are solicits like Realm of X with a few characters that entered the portal. Meanwhile the Omegas are shown to die and are back with minis. lol I love comics.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

There were 3 strips released in the few days before the Gala. I believe someone (probably Jbenito) posted them in the Gala preview thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I imagine it will in Rise of X but the attack sort of ignores the public fall out of it since they all need to unite now anyways.

I can't believe how many people are posting about genocide when it's pretty clear the portal portion of the "deaths" (aka the genocide) are just location to be revealed. MR touches the portal and takes a portion of Krakoa. And there are solicits like Realm of X with a few characters that entered the portal. Meanwhile the Omegas are shown to die and are back with minis. lol I love comics.
    I haven't read it and I'm amazed how many people are believing that. I guess the issue was so brutal that it caused amnesia in anyone who saw previews before ?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    There were 3 strips released in the few days before the Gala. I believe someone (probably Jbenito) posted them in the Gala preview thread.
    Tracked them down. Thank my friend ;-)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"