Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    My stance will always be that the biggest problem with the resurrection protocols is that they've wasted them narratively speaking. I agree that they basically just use them as a plot contrivance that ends up just cheapening death as often as it ends up creating alternative stakes but I maintain that they COULD be used to tell entirely new stories if more writers just leaned into the implications of resurrection and its impact not just on a story but on a SOCIETY that has access to it. There's so much they could do with resurrection to help distinguish Krakoan culture as something very unique and with an entirely different way of life and view of mortality and that society's place within the larger Marvel universe if the writers just stopped looking it as an excuse to kill off characters without consequence and more as a catalyst for reinventing mutantkind's entire approach to existence.

Sounds like you didn't read Legion of X

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

God I know I'm a coldhearted B* and I'm apologizing in advance for it, but with all of the fanfare of the celebratory announcement of new X-Men roster I burst out laughing at the sudden carnage depicted on page 20. On 19, Jubilee set the stage with the "Look up! What good luck -- a falling star." and it was immediately followed by !SPLAT! I cracked up. I just couldn't help it.

I don't give a single **** about Ms. Marvel, so that was just useless filler.

Also, I was underwhelmed by the mutants in attendance at the gala. It just seemed to be the same 20 or so being recycled in the background of most of the panels. There should have been far more variety. The art was all over the place, too. It distracted from the flow of the plot.

It will be interesting to see what happened to the 250K mutants. I suspect they're all tucked away in Mother Righteous's lantern.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I haven't read it and I'm amazed how many people are believing that. I guess the issue was so brutal that it caused amnesia in anyone who saw previews before ?
    Agreed. We really only saw a “small” number of deaths, that will clearly be resurrected when the Five return. I don’t understand how anyone thinks the mutants forced through the gates actually died.

I’m assuming they are either trapped with Mother Righteous on the Atlantic Krakoa offshoot, or in the prison Orchis was shown building in X-Men 24.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Sounds like you didn't read Legion of X
    I did read it, I was just underwhelmed by the particular angle that Spurrier took there, short-lived as that particular direction was. While I buy that some mutants who've already experienced death and resurrection might take the kind of cavalier approach to it that many of the kids did, as a form of overcompensation and spiting their fear of dying again, for the most part I considered that all-too-brief look at how mutants treated their newfound resurrection capabilities to be an extremely superficial take that acted like the second they came back all their concerns about mortality were gone & they had no trauma about their deaths to work through or fears that this was too good to be true and the miracle of mutant resurrection could vanish just as quickly as it came. And I definitely don't buy that on an entire island of traumatized mutants who have lived through multiple extinction events and many of them have died traumatically, Kurt's basically the only mutant who had any kind of conflicting or nuanced views on resurrection or mutant immortality.

So like I said, my stance will always be that the biggest problem with the resurrection protocols is that they've wasted them narratively speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysworld View Post
    i did read it, i was just underwhelmed by the particular angle that spurrier took there, short-lived as that particular direction was. While i buy that some mutants who've already experienced death and resurrection might take the kind of cavalier approach to it that many of the kids did, as a form of overcompensation and spiting their fear of dying again, for the most part i considered that all-too-brief look at how mutants treated their newfound resurrection capabilities to be an extremely superficial take that acted like the second they came back all their concerns about mortality were gone & they had no trauma about their deaths to work through or fears that this was too good to be true and the miracle of mutant resurrection could vanish just as quickly as it came. And i definitely don't buy that on an entire island of traumatized mutants who have lived through multiple extinction events and many of them have died traumatically, kurt's basically the only mutant who had any kind of conflicting or nuanced views on resurrection or mutant immortality.

So like i said, my stance will always be that the biggest problem with the resurrection protocols is that they've wasted them narratively speaking.
    #relaunchwilliamsxfactor

#relaunchwilliamsxfactor
    #Seconded

!!!!

#relaunchwilliamsxfactor
    I’ll never not be pissed that Williams said she had several future arcs planned, but they didn’t let her relaunch, but Spurrier was able to snatch the mutant investigation angle and has been able to relaunch his book several times even though Way of X literally sold worse than X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’ll never not be pissed that Williams said she had several future arcs planned, but they didn’t let her relaunch, but Spurrier was able to snatch the mutant investigation angle and has been able to relaunch his book several times even though Way of X literally sold worse than X-Factor.
    And now 2/3 of the X-Terminators have been killed...even if they both are notoriously hard to keep dead even without resurrection protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And now 2/3 of the X-Terminators have been killed...even if they both are notoriously hard to keep dead even without resurrection protocols.
    Yeah… so much for that “The X-Terminators will return” tease. Williams seems to be settling into DC, so best of luck too her.

Williams is not a good writer and X-Factor was horrible. JMO

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Williams is not a good writer and X-Factor was horrible. JMO
    Whew, glad we cleared that up! For a second there, some people almost had a different opinion.

Yeah… so much for that “The X-Terminators will return” tease. Williams seems to be settling into DC, so best of luck too her.
    Well, they did appear in an issue of Duggan's X-Men so technically it wasn't wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Whew, glad we cleared that up! For a second there, some people almost had a different opinion.
    Everything I've read with Williams is solid to awesome. It's mad that we pretend like everyone is Percy

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed X-factor. It’s one of the launch titles I did enjoy. So yeah, still pissed.

Ultimate Member

#relaunchwilliamsxfactor
    Yes please!