Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Between Bishops promotion to War Captain and Storms secondary mutation for being absent these are almost like recurring themes like Jean dying and Emma loosing children and Xavier being a screw up
    Storm is NEVER on Krakoa when she’s needed. Perhaps she’s the traitor.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by mike627 View Post
    Gonna miss Synch and Jubilee. Bobby he maybe dead or may return. Jean will be back she's The Phoenix. Also, I seem to remember that Nimrod once said that nonmutant superhumans are a threat to the flatscans or was it Mastermold? So, in ORCHIS's eyes Cap and the Avengers are traitors to the human race if I understand this.
    Synch isn’t dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It honestly amazes me how apparently Magik was the only teleporter at the Gala to the point that they had no exit strategy once she was disabled. You’d really think that given how important of an event this is that they’d have multiple teleporters attending. Hell, even if Illyana’s powers had been disabled, isn’t she the one who taught Pixie the teleportation spell she uses? Why didn’t she use her magic knowledge?
    This is what they get for not inviting Pinpoint

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Storm is NEVER on Krakoa when she’s needed. Perhaps she’s the traitor.
    Nah! Ororo's lock-picking skills are gonna be the deciding factor in all of this when this all comes to an end.

That was an engaging issue. Short but it was snappy and the constant changing of art styles flowed a lot smoother than one would expect. I gotta give Duggan props for creating a more unique and unexpected scenario than the typical mutant genocides we’re used to. Xavier forcefully marching every mutant off earth in a mass exodus towards some unknown fate made for a somber and visually memorable sequence. The mutant trail of tears, you could call it. And I like that he’s making all of the “Firestar is a cop and a traitor” memes into an actual subplot. This will be the most interesting development Angelica has had in years.

The only thing that kind of irked me was the killing of Jubes and Dazzler. R.I.P. the X-terminators. I see the x-office is still finding subtle ways to screw over Leah Williams work.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Please, define "Blank Slate" in this scenario.
    At the very least, mutants being hunted worldwide without a nation or singular identity behind them.

That said, I do have another theory as to where this is leading to that has nothing to do with Feige. It's all just speculation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Oh god. Just say you didn’t like it and move on. I enjoyed this book. Were there a few “holes” in the story? There are holes in EVERY comic story involving super-humans. None of this is real, and would probably play out differently in OUR universe. But it’s not our universe. It’s a comic, meant to be read with a degree of disbelief. Normally we get to read about villains wanting and trying to kill the good guys, but rarely do we get to see it. This issue gave us that and more.

For the people who say it was too much death, what have you been reading the last couple of years? This whole thing has revolved around death. If you still feel itÂ’s too much, I would say take a break. Stop reading, come back in a half year or so. But I think you will miss out on one of the great X-Men storylines.
    I have to agree, it's a comic book first and foremost; what exactly were readers expecting? Did people really expect mutants to dominate forever, to constantly be winning and having everything go their way? That was a foolish expectation. Could the story have been executed better, most definitely but this is Duggan we're talking about so it is what it is.

As far as the mutants being defeated so easily, well this is what power creep gets you. When you have all-powerful omegas who can do basically anything, mutant circuits, unlimited deaths and everything else who can possibly, believably go toe to toe with Krakoa? All I'm seeing is posters saying this mutant could have done this or that mutant could have done that and Orchis would have been defeated. And then what back to the gala for the main course. Writers have written mutants into a corner with the inane power levels of mutantkind, I'm sure if Galactus, Thanos, or some cosmic entities attacked the gala posters would have the same reaction, that the mutants were jobbed by plot induced stupidity or hack writing. You guys have convinced yourselves that Krakoa could and should never lose. Again this is a comic book, good guys face trials and tribulations, suffer setbacks and beat downs, only to come back stronger and defeat the bad guys; rinse and repeat.

No one is permanently dead, not Jean not Bobby not anyone. Some may be off the board for a bit but they will be back eventually. But at this point its like if mutants even stub their toes it's some slight against them, we all knew this was coming, hell it could have been worse. But this is the nature of comics, overcoming adversity, although I'm sure there are those who would prefer the x-books to be about nation building, governance and slice of life vignettes about the average mutant on Krakoa. Don't know how well those books would sell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Again? When was she ever able to use them in the first place?

Thank you. I stopped reading when I saw the preview and didnt realize there was more
    You are most welcome. I almost did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And you do that by trashing POC and LGBTQA+? Feige is not going to spend his time putting out that fire.

If that was the case you would scorch EARTH all the mutants and just leave Ms Marvel. Ax every X book except one with her going on some quest to find them or some sort of bridge to being them back.

This has nothing to do with him.

This was just TRASH.

As others have said you would have to suspend belief that the mutants were NOT aware of the Orchis and would EXPECT them to crash an event like the Gala. X-Force, Hellions, X-Academy, New Mutants, Alpha Flight, X-Terminators, X-Factor and even the Avengers would be ready.

From DAY ONE I would not want all my mutants in such a central location. You are BEGGING to get attacked. That is just LOGIC. Even crazy Batman can figure that out.
    Skyvolt speaks the truth here

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Nah! Ororo's lock-picking skills are gonna be the deciding factor in all of this when this all comes to an end.
    Like Nimrod has a locked door on his back that conceals a a kill switch? I like it!

And in the end, the mutants will all be saved by one Inhuman.

No, not that one. The other one. I can feel it!

Bottom line, this story was like Avengers: The Crossing, Avengers Disassembled, Decimation, and X-Men Disassembled combined!

It’s pretty funny that Orchis’s massive victory against the mutants was just to make them go somewhere else for a bit. Any student of Sun Tzu could tell you that a retreat is not the same thing as a surrender, just as the Dunkirk evacuation was far from the end of World War 2 in Europe.

Every single thing they achieved in this issue is fully reversible, including the deaths. Particularly the deaths, as Iceman are Jean are coming straight back, and the Five escaped to who-knows-where.