Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Oh wow I thought they were in Mykonos this entire time. Probably saw the "Myk" and filled the rest in since it was supposed to be for a party. Guess not a lot of civilians were hurt then, that island has a population of 10.
    Yeah I think it was mostly unused and that's why Magneto went to Namor to ask to lease it. So the victims were the gala guests themselves.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Wow

This got a 8.5 out of 10 from me

I see a lot of people complaining about the members that didn't get voted on but was the new team die so quickly.
    Me..... I think it was the perfect set up as Orchis came in swinging with a Iron fist.

Jean went out like a G

And Rogue's words to Firestar seems like how she was to Wanda in Uncanny Avengers

Alot of questions

Frenzy shouldn't died, neither Sam as well but i think he got caught off guard

Will Cyke be the new Chuck giving out orders from a wheel chair?

Which begs the question why did Scott go off alone to the treehouse?
    It just didn't see tactical of him. Maybe Duggan failed to show that characteristic of Scott.

Chuck seemed weak making the mutants left at the gala surrender.
    I assume this is where good ole Apaccy comes in and leads all Mutants?

I am also assuming Rasputin will join the current Xmen squad with Ms marvel?

Also Destiny words to Rogue resonates in my mind especially about Manifold and the lighting/thunderbolt, how does that play out

Shaw we didn't forget you sir, its coming for you soon enough.

Mother R, her endgame is still a mystery, unless she is planning to use the souls for the Phalanx or her own army in some way.

We need the kill squad Xforce back Immediately

Go get em Logan we need you back.

Also i wasn't interested in the Iceman mini but now i have to pick it up
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 07-26-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You know that I'm right with my Hellionposting. You know that I'm right!

But yeah, I hear you on the matter. It's sad that such a good, meaningful character was killed off for shock value. Especially when they spent so much time ignoring David, or using him as a token in a small story. I have a similar character that means a lot to me, one I identified with. (Spoiler: it's not Hellion or Gwenpool.) So I get it. I really do. It's honestly why I dropped comic books altogether. I'm just here to hang out with you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Wow

This got a 8.5 out of 10 from me

I see a lot of people complaining about the members that didn't get voted on but was the new team die so quickly.
    Me..... I think it was the perfect set up as Orchis came in swinging with a Iron fist.

Jean went out like G

And Rogue's words to Firestar seems like how she was to Wanda in Uncanny Avengers

Alot of questions

Frenzy shouldn't died, neither Sam as well but i think he got caught off guard

Will Cyke be the new Chuck giving out orders from a wheel chair?

Which begs the question why did Scott go off alone to the treehouse?
    It just didn't see tactical of him. Maybe Duggan failed to show that characteristic of Scott.

Chuck seemed weak making the mutants left at the gala surrender.
    I assume this is where good ole Apaccy comes in and leads all Mutants?

I am also assuming Rasputin will join the current Xmen squad with Ms marvel?

Also Destiny words to Rogue resonates in my mind especially about Manifold and the lighting/thunderbolt, how does that play out

Shaw we didn't forget you sir, its coming for you soon enough.

Mother R, her endgame is still a mystery, unless she is planning to use the souls for the Phalanx or her own army in some way.

We need the kill squad Xforce back Immediately

Go get em Logan we need you back.

Also i wasn't interested in the Iceman mini but now i have to pick it up
    Mixed feelings about the issue. Some good character moments but a lot of stupidity to make the attack plausible.

Exodus teleports and showed the power recently and can in mass.
    Jean can put a TK shield around herself
    Some of the other X-men felt nerfed
    And I'm pretty sure in Second Coming those Nimrods had anti tk weapons

But I suppose you have to suspend belief.?
    On the flip side Emma survives another genocide, I hope the Duggan writing is short lived, Gillen does a better job with her

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mixed feelings about the issue. Some good character moments but a lot of stupidity to make the attack plausible.

But I suppose you have to suspend belief.
    Yea I agree, i felt Duggan missed a lot of minor details here. The thing with us longtime fans such as you and I and others is consistency. Duggan dropped the ball on the minor details.

I also wonder will Exodus and the Five have a Mini going on some time soon, fingers crossed.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    You know that I'm right with my Hellionposting. You know that I'm right!

But yeah, I hear you on the matter. It's sad that such a good, meaningful character was killed off for shock value. Especially when they spent so much time ignoring David, or using him as a token in a small story. I have a similar character that means a lot to me, one I identified with. (Spoiler: it's not Hellion or Gwenpool.) So I get it. I really do. It's honestly why I dropped comic books altogether. I'm just here to hang out with you guys.
    I thought you dropped comic books because of Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Yes. Krakao doesn't exist physically anymore. It's now in possession of Mother Righteous
    Hi there:-) okay so I'm here in Spain and a bit behind - please tell me Polaris is okay? Any chance Dazzler survived for is she shown dead? Thanks!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

But I suppose you have to suspend belief.?
    On the flip side Emma survives another genocide, I hope the Duggan writing is short lived, Gillen does a better job with her
    I thought this issue was kind of terrible, to be honest.

Ms. Marvel stuff was entirely out of place and didn't match the tone/plot of the remainder of the book (I enjoyed the Rasputin-Kamala scenes, but the lighthearted tone doesn't match the X-force style storytelling the issue is going for). She is clearly not dead or marched through the gate, so it is pretty bad writing to not show us logistically where she is in the aftermath of this issue (they show her alongside Rasputin in the fight and then both characters disappear for the rest of the issue).

This Fall of X was not satisfying at all, because the setup was not good enough. Orchis' plan is good, but we are barely kept aware of any of this clever planning so we can't really appreciate it. Orchis is not powerful because we saw them become powerful, rather they are powerful because the writers are now telling us that they are powerful. And that simply isn't satisfying.

And, while I do appreciate an X-force style story/violence, it didn't really work with all the mishmash of tones, dialogue, and artstyles. It was kind of like this is a PG-13 movie, but they jammed in G-rated and R-rated stuff all around it.

I did enjoy the Firestar developments though. That seems like it would be interesting. But it still highlights the problem with creating conflicts when telepaths exist - Doctor Stasis doesn't have psi-blockers just so this plot can happen, but the Orchis troopers have psi-blockers just so Charles can't stop them.
    Last edited by lefthanded; 07-26-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Amazing Member

The artwork in this issue was all over the place. Probably because the tone was all over the place too. The issue was shocking and provocative, but the overall production was not consistent at all. Why is Mystique stuttering "Puh-puh-leeeeeze" like a Nickelodeon cartoon character? Why are we ending the issue with Emma almost breaking her nose on a portal and Kate getting caught by Orchis as comical moments as if the team didn't just collectively escape a genocide attempt?

Also wanted to emphasize the power stupidity that others pointed out. Why aren't Exodus and Hope doing their TK team attack that they've been doing consistently? Orchis has killed Jean and her people way too many times for her to take them so lightly and without TK shields. We really didn't need her to give Orchis a Sailor Moon speech.

Moira is simply not a well-documented enough assassin to pull this kind of stunt. It's giving, I learned knife tricks while I was unemployed because I'm angry at the world.

I missed the part where Lourdes was shot before teleporting because I simply thought that ol' girl...just got winded and died like Harry Leland tbh. She's not very good at her mutation. Quite frankly, she's only in comics now so that Emma can have someone to banter with. Why is she a HC royal? Someone tell me a good reason, quickly. I'd rather Kingpin be black queen at this point.

Ok last thing. Seemed like a very odd place to introduce Ms. Marvel as a mixed Inhuman-mutant. So many panels that unfortunately take up a lot of real estate in an issue that really isn't about her. I don't care about her moments with Rasputin, it's just out of place. Also, if she's resurrected as a mutant without exposure to the terrigen mist, is she really still an inhuman or just potentially an inhuman? Are you really a mutant if your powers haven't manifested yet?

Jean and her Juggernaut Bullet were fantastic. Her ploy with Firestar is simply amazing and it's going to be a great read for the next few seasons.
    Last edited by vbeacon; 07-26-2023 at 02:27 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    Hi there:-) okay so I'm here in Spain and a bit behind - please tell me Polaris is okay? Any chance Dazzler survived for is she shown dead? Thanks!!
    Dunno about Polaris, but Dazzler unfortunately is one of the first casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I thought you dropped comic books because of Katrina.
    No, she's fun to hate. Like Quentin Creeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Very sad to say Rip to my girl Lourdes and probably Christian and Cuckoos (strange though, you would have expected them to resist Charles's mental command)

Remembered that Cypher is still presumably in the pits and Selene was absent from the Gala, with her working with MR and Orchis and seeing as she has a QC variant for Immortal 15 I think we'll probably see where she was and what she was up to.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I really liked this issue, the art was phenomenal and had a bunch of amazing panels.

The Miss Marvel part was not my fav, I really like her but it felt a little bit out of place.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really appreciated the host of artists who contributed to this issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Very sad to say Rip to my girl Lourdes and probably Christian and Cuckoos (strange though, you would have expected them to resist Charles's mental command)

Remembered that Cypher is still presumably in the pits and Selene was absent from the Gala, with her working with MR and Orchis and seeing as she has a QC variant for Immortal 15 I think we'll probably see where she was and what she was up to.
    A few of us are thinking the majority of mutants that went through the gates are not dead but stuck in Mother Righteous' lantern. I think that's why Charles can't "feel" them. The death of Lourdes though brought me to tears which I had been fighting back until then.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!