Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Oh there was plenty of people who have not been on to whatever actual story from the beginning, but to be fair there really has not been much story in this era, just a lot of 'world building' and setting up of 'chapters' the just lead to more of the same until something comes out of the blue and now everyone is upset it seems.
    Tbf, not even that particularly filling world-building. A lot of Krakoa the nation-state is a massive blank canvass.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

That was a gross waste of time and money. It was good to see Larraz and Silva back on art, it’s a shame it was on this steaming pile of comic book. This needs to be Duggan’s last year on the X-books, truly sick of his writing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Are you all being serious. It literally had Prodigy, Synch, Frenzy, and Jubilee so yes it WAS more diverse than the previous two teams.
    None of us are questioning that line up was diverse, only if the Juggernaut is openly gay or not yet. I thought he was but I don't remember where I saw it so maybe it's still just implied. I did have a comment earlier on how that line up could never actually carry the franchise though so there was no way it was going live that may have upset some posters. I just don't think that cast has enough star power. Show that cast to somebody who only watched the movies and cartoons and they might recognize Jubilee. That's not a franchise team.

Extraordinary Member

Even with Magik's powers disabled by Orchis nanobots, they still should have been able to teleport everyone away. Synch and Hope could both use her powers to get everyone away. Hope did that the last time Magik's mutant powers were disrupted in the Rosenberg run. But no one thought of it, just like none of the less powerful teleporters thought to get smaller groups of civilians out before Lourdes at the end.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Hickman introduced Orchis as the major recurring threat for the Krakoa era in his run. The X-Office repeatedly says they've been following his blueprint all along, albeit in a more winding fashion. Orchis is the big threat in the big climactic chapter said to be the conclusion of Hickman's original design.

Certain people: Ugh why did they make Hickman leave, he would have never done something as lame as this, his intention was clearly for mutants to be their own worst enemies and there's no way he would've made yet another story about humans trying to wipe out mutantkind despite being the one to set up this particular threat with these particular goals.

I swear to god a hundred years from now fans will still be like I KNOW Hickman had a way better story planned about mutant hubris and the TRUE threat of their intracommunity conflict even when surrounded by external enemies set on their extermination. Damn you Marvel for cheating us out of the actually good story we wanted and deserved because it explicitly follows the message we were SURE he was writing about how the bigots aren't the real bad guys, the only bad guys that matter are the mutant ones, everyone else is one-dimensional and thus doesn't count!

Siiiiiiigh.
    I complain because of Hickman's track record; he's proven.

This is hackneyed and lacks any subtlety and again for over 2 years a lot of wasted time and for what?

Nothing of consequence has happened until NOW

Fantastic Member

I just remembered Manifold is still tucked away somewhere. I originally thought he was the emergency exit, but he may actually be the key to reuniting everyone on Earth.

I will say this about the issue… suddenly I’m glad Cable doesn’t do Hellfire Gala events, and am not at all bothered by his lack of inclusion.

Having said that, I still wonder how the adult version gets captured, losing an arm in the process, which is precisely what happened to the kid version in X-men #24. Because that also seems to be adult Nathan’s status quo at the beginning of the CotV mini series, at least judging by the preview art. So I kind of figured this might depict how that happens. Oh well. Guess we’ll find out later in CotV #1, which comes out August 9th. *shrugs*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

They followed it but corrupted it.

Doesn't matter, status quo is king in 616, everything eventually gets undone to make away for old and then another everything new era. Rinse and repeat until our sun blows up in billions of years from now.

Astonishing Member

It’s a minor thing, but can Duggan stop writing Irish people. He keeps making us sound London-adjacent

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I will say this about the issue… suddenly I’m glad Cable doesn’t do Hellfire Gala events, and am not at all bothered by his lack of inclusion.

Having said that, I still wonder how the adult version gets captured, losing an arm in the process, which is precisely what happened to the kid version in X-men #24. Because that also seems to be adult Nathan’s status quo at the beginning of the CotV mini series, at least judging by the preview art. So I kind of figured this might depict how that happens. Oh well. Guess we’ll find out later in CotV #1, which comes out August 9th. *shrugs*
    Maybe he’s able to somehow bodyswap with his younger self so that Kid Cable can escape and go back to the future?

I enjoyed the issue. People aren't happy with the team getting (mostly) killed but it makes a big oh crap moment. It was Synch, Talon and everyone who was in the fan vote correct? Makes me curious about what's going to happen in the actual X-Men book for Fall of X considering the only one we see from the covers is Juggernaut. Nimrod was kind of bad too? He killed Bobby and Moira killed Jean but he didn't do anything against other Omega's like he claimed he would be. Also, there's no way all the mutants are dead. There's no reason to tease MR hijacking the gates and having the Atlantic island and do nothing with it. She probably just got a quarter million more thank yous though.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I enjoyed the issue. People aren't happy with the team getting (mostly) killed but it makes a big oh crap moment. It was Synch, Talon and everyone who was in the fan vote correct? Makes me curious about what's going to happen in the actual X-Men book for Fall of X considering the only one we see from the covers is Juggernaut. Nimrod was kind of bad too? He killed Bobby and Moira killed Jean but he didn't do anything against other Omega's like he claimed he would be. Also, there's no way all the mutants are dead. There's no reason to tease MR hijacking the gates and having the Atlantic island and do nothing with it. She probably just got a quarter million more thank yous though.
    I do wonder who will pick up the Mother Righteous subplot. Spurrier is busy writing Kurt as Spider-Man, so it's either gonna be Gillen or Duggan. Probably Gillen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    None of us are questioning that line up was diverse, only if the Juggernaut is openly gay or not yet. I thought he was but I don't remember where I saw it so maybe it's still just implied.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Honestly, my thoughts exactly. I hated this issue, other than every scene Jean was in (Queen delivered) for all of the reasons you listed. I don't care who gets offended by reading this but I'm tired of straight white men writing X-Men. When the new team was revealed I went "Wow! That's like, the most diverse X-Team we've ever had...oh."
    I also feel like even with all that Black death that I hate ..(Dont get me started on Prodigy who powers really could have did something le sigh) it made no sense for Frenzy to be obliterated based on her mutation as I would have much more appreciated Jean using Frenzy the way she used Juggs. Further, Synch after being in the vault should have bossed up a bit and did more than grab Polaris powers.. hell he asked for Storm but he has been around here.. why couldnt he had done a feat when he called storms powers went crazy and killed himself via his aging or turned into Old man Synch.. other folks mentioned the teleporters and I am like where is Blink, Voght, Gateway, Vanisher, Lila Cheney, like Manifold and Magik arent the only teleporters.. Hell why didnt Exodus just teleport the 5. It was too many things that could have made sense logically that didnt happen but the biggest flaw that I keep seeing in every book that is not written by Ewing, Orlando and Uncle Victor is that Black mutants have no agency.

More examples:
    1. Instead of Rogue, why didnt Monet grab Xavier.. I can keep listing things over and over..
    2. Why was bishop a captain no doing anything
    3. Where was Tempo who could have done a lot in the chaos but bishop was there in the background and Kitty just had to be there..
    4. Where was CeCe?

Astonishing Member

All this just to backpeddle from Magneto’s dodginess in the early Hickman arcs