Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Duggan's bias on who will survive and can resist the psychic command of Xavier, a lot of those who survives never been an X-Men .

Fantastic Member

I am on the Mother Righteous team. She is clearly playing her own game, and I don't really think this is an extinction event, but an elaborate ruse on her part to set the stage for whatever she is planning.

Extraordinary Member

The X-Men should form another secret killing X-Force team again and just kill off Orchis. Seriously.
    The purifiers did less than this, and the X-Force, in retaliation, slaughtered those guys.

Thank you for this beautiful summary!!

Let's see where it all goes. There are a lot of moments that rub me the wrong way, I cannot lie. It feels like we are back already just right before Hickman's Krakoa era started.....

As a Jean Grey fan, I wished getting her killed wouldn't be always so easy. lol As if she wouldn't be capable to resurrect herself after her body is destroyed. She did this already as a teenager....Blightswill won't keep her down.

I think it is also obvious that Jean will be the heiress of Xavier's dream of Krakoa going forward.

Someone needs to get Moira a motivation that makes sense. It is so annoying.

Killing off the new X-Men team in this issue was as bad as a genocide joke in the recent Barbie movie.........just tasteless and weird.
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-26-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

When they kill the 5 or reduce their numbers then it's the real extinction agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m trying to figure out what about “mutants seemingly extinct and everyone on the run” is SO appealing that I had to be the next phase of this ongoing story. It’s like… the exact setup of Rosenberg’s run. I guess it’s supposed to hit harder because the mutants were finally on a bit of a high, but to me it just shows a lack of creativity.
    To me that just feels like the X-men… from the Outback era through X-Tinction Agenda and whatnot. I guess I’m old school like that.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I guess I enjoyed the issue in the sense that it was entertaining, but it does feel somewhat contrived.

1) Is Magik the only teleporter now? Did they drug Pixie again like in Schism?
    2) What was the point of Nimrod and the Stark Sentinels? It was Charles who doomed mutantkind anyway, they could have forced him to do what he did without fighting them.
    3) Moira being so cartoonishly evil will never not annoy me.
    4) Nobody stopping Charles feels so contrived. Why didn't Rasputin IV or Emma stop him? Or Exodus? Did he really just go "Oh yes, we must all leave, let me push the 5 for you"?
    5) Didn't Raven and Irene leave through a gate before everything went down in the FCBD issue? Why were they back in the Gala here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Duggan's bias on who will survive and can resist the psychic command of Xavier, a lot of those who survives never been an X-Men .
    Don’t even get me started on how that didn’t make a lick of sense. Like how the hell Kamala got the little resist thing floating over her head and Magik (who has always had psychic resistance to Xavier) didn’t? Or Polaris? Honestly I don’t buy most of the psychics falling under his thrall so quickly. I think more would have been able to resist even without the little red triangle protocols.

It’s clear that they picked the rosters for the Fall of X books first and then decided who’d be able to escape.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This Gala moved WAY TOO fast imo. But, Overall this was..Ok? so to speak.

Nimrod literally got his ass handed to him by Iceman LOL. What's really bothering me is a major lack of Omega lvl mutants. If, Bobby was able to handle Nimrod by himself just imagine what a 3 on 1 fight. Hell, Proteus was turning a Sentinels leg into Glass. IDK. The Lack of Omegas in the Field is a problem.

What a Dick Move Marvel to kill the New X-Team. And Rogue is MVP of this WHOLE Gala for Shutting Moira UP!! I mean that Woman is just possessed with so much Pettiness its becoming annoying. Like she has nothing else to do, but make Charles Mad. And Charles didn't seem to give a damn.
    So, THANK YOU Rogue. For Tearing her Ass Apart.

As for the Mutants they are all in the Orchis Prisons. So, they aren't Dead. So, you can relax Charles. Overall this was Ok. Jean girl you need to DO BETTER. This is WAR. You over here asking Orchis to stand down when they just started killing mutants? Girl, either fight or hush and move aside. Because you can't be that naïve to believe Orchis was just going to stop attacking.

I give this a 7/10 for me.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

I understand what they went for with the entire new X-Men team getting killed off like that, I get that it's efficient symbolism (as in-your-face as it was). BUT the fact that they picked those characters to do it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lourdes being killed like that again was lame as f*ck. I expected more from Duggan and I hope he brings her back eventually, like he did before.

This issue had its moments (that ending with Xavier was brutally and beautifully delivered) but overall I didn't love it. It just wasn't that interesting to me, despite the "shocking" twists. Hopefully some good stories come out of this new status quo.

Also lol at Ms Marvel and Romeo knowing the Resist maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    To me that just feels like the X-men… from the Outback era through X-Tinction Agenda and whatnot. I guess I’m old school like that.
    I think that’s fine when mutantkind was like 20 characters. For better or worse the franchise grew, so constantly killing them off while also trying to keep people invested ain’t it. At least for me.

just sending all mutants to Arakko's war zone where the civil war against Genesis has begun, would have made a better storyline than creating a mystery where they have been send to.

I think this is where I leave the franchise. We got introduced to one of the most diverse lineups the flagship has seen in a long time only for them to get wiped out in the same issue. I truly hated everything about this issue.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I understand what they went for with the entire new X-Men team getting killed off like that, I get that it's efficient symbolism (as in-your-face as it was). BUT the fact that they picked those characters to do it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lourdes being killed like that again was lame as f*ck. I expected more from Duggan and I hope he brings her back eventually, like he did before.

This issue had its moments (that ending with Xavier was brutally and beautifully delivered) but overall I didn't love it. It just wasn't that interesting to me, despite the "shocking" twists. Hopefully some good stories come out of this new status quo.

Also lol at Ms Marvel and Romeo knowing the Resist maneuver.
    It’s the same thing as when they were deciding who was getting crucified outside the school, who was getting depowered, and who was getting blown up on a bus. This franchise is REALLY comfortable killing and maiming characters from marginalized backgrounds for shock value, all while preaching a message of inclusivity. I was able to chock up those other examples as “being in the past” and not knowing better but nah. They just don’t care.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I think this is where I leave the franchise. We got introduced to one of the most diverse lineups the flagship has seen in a long time only for them to get wiped out in the same issue. I truly hated everything about this issue.
    That line up would never carry the franchise. None of those characters have star power.