Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

So first off- I’m pretty ticked with what happened to the candidates- two of them are all-time favorites of mine. I even have a tattoo of one of them.

Second- I asked Steve Foxe on Twitter if those six-panel snippets of the candidates are from the Marvel Unlimited story starting in August… they replied that they are not. The Marvel Unlimited story involving Jubilee, Dazzler, Juggernaut, Cannonball, Frenzy, and Prodigy are each new stories that don’t include what was shown on social media. The panels we have seen are just for social media posts and not part of the comics coming up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m trying to figure out what about “mutants seemingly extinct and everyone on the run” is SO appealing that I had to be the next phase of this ongoing story. It’s like… the exact setup of Rosenberg’s run. I guess it’s supposed to hit harder because the mutants were finally on a bit of a high, but to me it just shows a lack of creativity.
    I just want to see them regroup and finally destroy Orchis. I need that copium.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    So first off- I’m pretty ticked with what happened to the candidates- two of them are all-time favorites of mine. I even have a tattoo of one of them.

Second- I asked Steve Foxe on Twitter if those six-panel snippets of the candidates are from the Marvel Unlimited story starting in August… they replied that they are not. The Marvel Unlimited story involving Jubilee, Dazzler, Juggernaut, Cannonball, Frenzy, and Prodigy are each new stories that don’t include what was shown on social media. The panels we have seen are just for social media posts and not part of the comics coming up.
    Very interesting. Thank you for this info.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    That said, I love a dark and terrifying issue, and that scene with Xavier and Rogue was really great. I'm glad Rogue finally got a real moment to shine in the Krakoan era, and Xavier telling her to avenge Krakoa gave me chills.
    "Sleep with the lights on, sugah" is already an ICONIC line and moment.

Larraz made that final scene chilling and sad and dark and beautiful.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 07-26-2023 at 07:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    This is moronic. The fall should have been from internal power struggles and conflicts, not Deus ex Orchis. Some people have said this was Hickman’s plan, I contend that Hickman and even to an extent Gillen and Eeing have been following an internal conflicts plan instead up till now.
    Shaw’s internal power struggles and behind the scenes actions with Mother Righteous helped drive this massacre. That’s why he’s absent. That’s why this is happening after the Quiet Council breaks up and he lost power.

Will be interesting to see his response to Lourdes death.

Hickman's new take on the X-Men was such a breath of fresh air. He really understood what the franchise has needed to speak to the present times....and this comicbook issue was the opposite.

I think it was a well written and entertaining comicbook, but it was dull and redundant on so many levels. Violence for the sake of violence. Similarly, to Uranus attacking Planet Arakko or the Eternals attacking Krakoa. It is always just the same. so lazy writing and without any interest in saying something about the present.

Maybe Moira as the villain is a great metaphor for the current team of writer?
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-26-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I liked this, and I generally like Duggan as a writer, but I do think the scene with the new team was something they should have put a lot more thought into.

That said, I love a dark and terrifying issue, and that scene with Xavier and Rogue was really great. I'm glad Rogue finally got a real moment to shine in the Krakoan era, and Xavier telling her to avenge Krakoa gave me chills.
    This is my stance too. What happened with the new team was tone-deaf. Prodigy finally getting a chance on a team again... On the other-hand, appreciated Rogue being allowed to do something in this era.

Just wish the medicine and gates being used against them wasn't so... obvious, we all saw it coming from miles away and so should the characters of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Also lol at Ms Marvel and Romeo knowing the Resist maneuver.
    Yeah… that was the one part that had me rolling my eyes. Otherwise, I loved this. Sure, it was a gut punch. But we know the X-men will fight back and will rise again after the fall…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member

So did Rahne have a chance to see Moira as a villain?
    Killing Jean and holding Charles hostage.

Fantastic Member

Just how ill prepared and lacking of defense can Krakoa be?

At this point it really should be all out war vs Orchis. stop playing with the kid gloves.

It should be ALL mutants. you've got all these "villains" on the island we keep getting reminded of but most of them aren't doing anything. unleash them. use them.

even non Krakoa residents should be fighting.

but we don't need Talon or multiple X-23/Wolverines.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    "Sleep with the lights on, sugah" is already and ICONIC line and moment.

Larraz made that final scene chilling and sad and dark and beautiful.
    Jean set up poor Firestar, but she's going to come out stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So did Rahne have a chance to see Moira as a villain?
    Killing Jean and holding Charles hostage.
    Previous family ties? In a post-Hickman world? Who has the time for that? (this is a jk; the internet is weird sometimes)
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 07-26-2023 at 07:38 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Just how ill prepared and lacking of defense can Krakoa be?

At this point it really should be all out war vs Orchis. stop playing with the kid gloves.

It should be ALL mutants. you've got all these "villains" on the island we keep getting reminded of but most of them aren't doing anything. unleash them. use them.

even non Krakoa residents should be fighting.

but we don't need Talon or multiple X-23/Wolverines.
    They were on Mykanos, not Krakoa. The Mutants were cocky thinking nobody could hit them with that much of their firepower concentrated in one spot. Turns out they were wrong.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Duggan treating the POC characters like Dan DiDio treated anyone who was ever a Titan in DC during his reign of terror was... something.

So is anyone gonna tell Tommy/Speed his boyfriend was brutally murdered? I mean I’m just saying it’s not like his twin doesn’t have a whole Empyre of war loving aliens at his beck & call.

Bobby can’t actually be dead right like as graphic as that was he’s been turned into a puddle before. I do find it interesting how both he & Jean the 2 omegas brutally “murdered” are the ones getting solos out of this.