Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m trying to figure out what about “mutants seemingly extinct and everyone on the run” is SO appealing that I had to be the next phase of this ongoing story. It’s like… the exact setup of Rosenberg’s run. I guess it’s supposed to hit harder because the mutants were finally on a bit of a high, but to me it just shows a lack of creativity.
    The "strangers among us" situation for mutants was always more appealing to me, though i can't fault liking a "mutants changing the world" angle either even if it seems unlikely to be allowed longterm.

This meanwhile really has questionable mass or long time appeal.

It's like having 5 Avengers movies in a row and they are all nothing but the end of Infinity War and beginning of Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I understand what they went for with the entire new X-Men team getting killed off like that, I get that it's efficient symbolism (as in-your-face as it was). BUT the fact that they picked those characters to do it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Lourdes being killed like that again was lame as f*ck. I expected more from Duggan and I hope he brings her back eventually, like he did before.
    Talking about MCU movies, it feels like an immitation of the part in Multiverse of Madness where they had all the characters and actors some people would have liked to see in a MCU movie but they are only there to be brutaly killed by Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I'm assuming that Magik and Dani - and all of the New Mutants really - could have resisted the telepathic order and chose not to. They were all taught the exact same methods of resisting telepathy as Kitty and Nightcrawler and Wolverine. But that means it wasn't an automatic defense response but a conscious choice to resist.

Extraordinary Member

So shouldn’t humans like Northstar’s husband Kyle still be on Krakoa?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So all those years of faffing about this is how they start their endgame.

This issue can be read right after Inferno and you won't miss a thing because the Sinister clones motivations have yet to be explained.

Astonishing Member

Hickman introduced Orchis as the major recurring threat for the Krakoa era in his run. The X-Office repeatedly says they've been following his blueprint all along, albeit in a more winding fashion. Orchis is the big threat in the big climactic chapter said to be the conclusion of Hickman's original design.

Certain people: Ugh why did they make Hickman leave, he would have never done something as lame as this, his intention was clearly for mutants to be their own worst enemies and there's no way he would've made yet another story about humans trying to wipe out mutantkind despite being the one to set up this particular threat with these particular goals.

I swear to god a hundred years from now fans will still be like I KNOW Hickman had a way better story planned about mutant hubris and the TRUE threat of their intracommunity conflict even when surrounded by external enemies set on their extermination. Damn you Marvel for cheating us out of the actually good story we wanted and deserved because it explicitly follows the message we were SURE he was writing about how the bigots aren't the real bad guys, the only bad guys that matter are the mutant ones, everyone else is one-dimensional and thus doesn't count!

Siiiiiiigh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So all those years of faffing about this is how they start their endgame.

This issue can be read right after Inferno and you won't miss a thing because the Sinister clones motivations have yet to be explained.
    I suppose you'd need Deaths of Wolverine to explain why Moira is now a Terminator.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Hickman introduced Orchis as the major recurring threat for the Krakoa era in his run. The X-Office repeatedly says they've been following his blueprint all along, albeit in a more winding fashion. Orchis is the big threat in the big climactic chapter said to be the conclusion of Hickman's original design.

Certain people: Ugh why did they make Hickman leave, he would have never done something as lame as this, his intention was clearly for mutants to be their own worst enemies and there's no way he would've made yet another story about humans trying to wipe out mutantkind despite being the one to set up this particular threat with these particular goals.

I swear to god a hundred years from now fans will still be like I KNOW Hickman had a way better story planned about mutant hubris and the TRUE threat of their intracommunity conflict even when surrounded by external enemies set on their extermination. Damn you Marvel for cheating us out of the actually good story we wanted and deserved because it explicitly follows the message we were SURE he was writing about how the bigots aren't the real bad guys, the only bad guys that matter are the mutant ones, everyone else is one-dimensional and thus doesn't count!

Siiiiiiigh.
    Hickman was the one who wrote the stupidity that was Krakoa just sending Wolverine and Quentin Quire to get slaughtered by Orchis over and over again as his way of building up what a threat they were supposed to be. The guy wrote some great stuff with HOXPOX, but he doesn't walk on water.

Now they're trolling us with that diverse team dying immediately. I'm VERY angry.

Also they're trolling us by giving us a lesser version of the 2022 gala Gambit outfit !
    And Nightcrawler is just in shadows ????

I liked the issue.

I did have some call outs.

Specifically why Krakoa still has the lamest security (Nimrod did do a surprise attack that could have killed EVERYONE was it not for Jean)

The big one here is that the one time we get the most diverse team they all get killed off on the next page.

I think a lot of people hate the death and dying but its basically been ORCHIS mantra the whole time so it makes sense.

And it properly sets up a huge comeuppance.

This made me miss Pepe and RB Silva on the XBook really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I liked the issue.

Specifically why Krakoa still has the lamest security (Nimrod did do a surprise attack that could have killed EVERYONE was it not for Jean)

The big one here is that the one time we get the most diverse team they all get killed off on the next page.

I think a lot of people hate the death and dying but its basically been ORCHIS mantra the whole time so it makes sense.

Me too. And I miss Adam Kubert’s art on Wolverine too. Though Ryp is pretty good.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So where was X-Force during the Gala (I don't read that book)?

And who was the bald guy that got knifed before Lourdes made the jump?

Extraordinary Member

You know things are bad when Kingpin is one of your closest me allies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I liked the issue.

They were on Mykonos, not Krakoa. As for "team diversity" only three of the diverse characters died. Juggernaut and Synch are still fine.

lol at diverse Juggernaut.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    lol at diverse Juggernaut.
    He's officially gay now, instead of it just being implied, right?