Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    So where was X-Force during the Gala (I don't read that book)?

And who was the bald guy that got knifed before Lourdes made the jump?
    Believe they were hunting Beast over in Wolverine. With Logan, who also wasn’t at the Gala because he’s done with Krakoa… though he did show up for that one page to kill a bunch a bunch of their most highly trained special forces operators who tried to take him out. Must’ve been after their mission to destroy Beast’s base of operations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    He's officially gay now, instead of it just being implied, right?
    Is he? That’s news to me.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Hickman introduced Orchis as the major recurring threat for the Krakoa era in his run. The X-Office repeatedly says they've been following his blueprint all along, albeit in a more winding fashion. Orchis is the big threat in the big climactic chapter said to be the conclusion of Hickman's original design.

Certain people: Ugh why did they make Hickman leave, he would have never done something as lame as this, his intention was clearly for mutants to be their own worst enemies and there's no way he would've made yet another story about humans trying to wipe out mutantkind despite being the one to set up this particular threat with these particular goals.

I swear to god a hundred years from now fans will still be like I KNOW Hickman had a way better story planned about mutant hubris and the TRUE threat of their intracommunity conflict even when surrounded by external enemies set on their extermination. Damn you Marvel for cheating us out of the actually good story we wanted and deserved because it explicitly follows the message we were SURE he was writing about how the bigots aren't the real bad guys, the only bad guys that matter are the mutant ones, everyone else is one-dimensional and thus doesn't count!

Siiiiiiigh.
    Thanks for strawmanning. For the record, Krakoa internal conflicts are actually much more interesting than a bunch of robots going “Beep Boop, time to kill mutants for reasons.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

lol at diverse Juggernaut.
    His identity is "popular character". Who's Cannonball?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Believe they were hunting Beast over in Wolverine. With Logan, who also wasn’t at the Gala because he’s done with Krakoa… though he did show up for that one page to kill a bunch a bunch of their most highly trained special forces operators who tried to take him out. Must’ve been after their mission to destroy Beast’s base of operations.

Is he? That’s news to me.
    Last time we saw him he was getting ridden by Cassidy. He loves the Irish.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Thanks for strawmanning. For the record, Krakoa internal conflicts are actually much more interesting than a bunch of robots going “Beep Boop, time to kill mutants for reasons.”
    I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just saying a lot of posters have spent literal years centering their every post around their assumptions about the REAL endgame that Hickman was OBVIOUSLY planning and its just like at what point do people start engaging with the actual story on the page versus the story they're SURE Hickman was ACTUALLY trying to write before Marvel The Terrible cock-blocked his narrative genius. Just asking for me and a couple dozen friends, nbd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Last time we saw him he was getting ridden by Cassidy. He loves the Irish.
    Oh, don’t get me wrong. It’s heavily implied. Just didn’t see where he was formally out of the closet.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just saying a lot of posters have spent literal years centering their every post around their assumptions about the REAL endgame that Hickman was OBVIOUSLY planning and its just like at what point do people start engaging with the actual story on the page versus the story they're SURE Hickman was ACTUALLY trying to write before Marvel The Terrible cock-blocked his narrative genius. Just asking for me and a couple dozen friends, nbd.
    I don’t think Hickman is a masterpiece writer by any means, but if he intended Orchis to be the final downfall of Krakoa, that execution fell so flat for me. Throughout his entire run they felt like a genuine threat once and that was more because of “We have time travel!” Which fell flat after I remember it’s the Marvel Universe. Literally everyone has time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    For the record, Krakoa internal conflicts are actually much more interesting than a bunch of robots going “Beep Boop, time to kill mutants for reasons.”
    It's not like Hickman was exploring those either. It's been Krakoa vs the rest of the world since the beginning, with only Marauders exploring in-house conflict (and after Hickman's departure, Gillen's Immortal).

Extraordinary Member

Oh there was plenty of people who have not been on to whatever actual story from the beginning, but to be fair there really has not been much story in this era, just a lot of 'world building' and setting up of 'chapters' the just lead to more of the same until something comes out of the blue and now everyone is upset it seems.

So where was X-Force during the Gala (I don't read that book)?

And who was the bald guy that got knifed before Lourdes made the jump?
    I know they're based off the island at this point. Sage runs operations but Colossus oversees things or something like that? Which Colossus overseeing anything at this point in and of itself is a disaster.

I'm not sure who the bald guy was either. I wondered if he was just a human trying to escape with the mutants. Poor guy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh, don’t get me wrong. It’s heavily implied. Just didn’t see where he was formally out of the closet.
    I was jesting anyways, but I would be VERY happy to see it confirmed.

Are you all being serious. It literally had Prodigy, Synch, Frenzy, and Jubilee so yes it WAS more diverse than the previous two teams.

This issue was…..okay.

character moments were good but that’s about it.

The art really elevates the plot but I’m having such a hard time caring about a lot of this.

What was the point of voting when all of the candidates are on the team anyway and then you kill them off so quickly and unnecessarily it was almost like watching a dark comedy.

Jean, Bobby and many others die horribly yes, but what headlining mutant hasn’t died horribly on Krakoa at this point? And I’d care more if I didn’t already know that they’re fine, they’ve got books coming out in a couple of months.

All the deaths in general were coming off as ‘trying too hard’ to make something flashy and as shocking as possible. Like the entire nation hasn’t been wiped out almost every month since they set foot on the island. How did they manage to make the mansion start to look safer in comparison.

Kamala’s role was played both up and down. First they quietly tell her she’s a mutant (but not her power that will be a super secret weapon for later) put on this gown and get partying (Emma’s been planning this for months, why do they have an outfit ready?), and then they have Rasputin tell us she is one of the greatest mutant heroes in her future. It’s a cute exchange but again it felt like they were trying way too hard to shoehorn her importance in but didn’t care how she got to that point.

Speaking of Kamala and Rasputin (and others) I don’t understand how they have the same resistance protocols apparently taught by Xavier. It’s obvious these mutants have been cherry-picked by the writers for future issues.

Astonishing Member

Well, that was a waste of four years

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I was jesting anyways, but I would be VERY happy to see it confirmed.
    Would literally kill for a book about Cain Marko and his only-occasionally-lucid top(iary) husband raising Cain's surrogate daughter D-Cel together while Teresa Cassidy squints at their domesticity from afar and is like huh, that feels familiar. Wait. Did I have two gay dads and I just never noticed before?

Literally everyone who's ever seen Cain and Tom interact for longer than two minutes: Yes.

Terry: Huh. Can't believe I missed that.