Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default JLA vs. Godzilla and Kong

So this is going to be a cross over of DC and the Monster Verse. What are our thoughts on this.

Given the power levels of the DC folk vs. the movie monsters, I don't see this as a challenge for the DC unless they go for PIS. Yes, Godzilla soaks up H-bombs. However, can the current Kal just fly him off into space while G doesn't have the time to notice?

What about the rest of the JLA? Thoughts?

Extraordinary Member

The comic is likely going to be it's own continuity, so it wouldn't be PIS for them to be challenged.

The main continuity JLA would sweep, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    So this is going to be a cross over of DC and the Monster Verse. What are our thoughts on this.

Given the power levels of the DC folk vs. the movie monsters, I don't see this as a challenge for the DC unless they go for PIS. Yes, Godzilla soaks up H-bombs. However, can the current Kal just fly him off into space while G doesn't have the time to notice?

What about the rest of the JLA? Thoughts?
    Superman by himself can take out the whole Monsterverse. One punch from current Superman would obliterate Godzilla.

It's been confirmed the Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong comic book will be non-canon, meaning Godzilla won't share continuity with the main Monsterverse timeline; however, it's possible it could be treated as a divergent timeline, so this DC/MV Goji might inherit feats, but it'll likely be moot if he's able to go toe-to-toe against Superman. We'll see!

Speaking of feats, MV Godzilla has tanked numerous hydrogen bombs to the face and emerged unscathed/stronger, survived a point-blank Permian Extinction asteroid, blasted a hole into the center of the Earth with his Atomic Beam (in the canon graphic novel Kingdom Kong, the Hollow Earth -- the place Godzilla's beam burned a hole through from Hong Kong -- is theorized to exist in a separate reality, so take that as you will), and survived the Oxygen Destroyer.

And yet none of that helps Godzilla survive 10 seconds against Superman, let alone the entire Justice League.

Come October, Godzilla, Kong, and the Monstervers better be hitting the cosmic weights and bulk considerably up because damn!

(I'm still super-pumped for this crossover, though!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The comic is likely going to be it's own continuity, so it wouldn't be PIS for them to be challenged.

The main continuity JLA would sweep, of course
    I thought it was going to be in the main dc unvers but not in the main Monsterverse?

Extraordinary Member

I've seen no indication that it's main DC canon and Crossovers usually aren't

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I thought it was going to be in the main dc unvers but not in the main Monsterverse?
    None of the crossovers they've done in recent years, TMNT/Power Rangers/etc. have been in the main DC universe. So I don't see why they would put this one in it.

It's just a big continuity hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    None of the crossovers they've done in recent years, TMNT/Power Rangers/etc. have been in the main DC universe. So I don't see why they would put this one in it.

It's just a big continuity hassle.
    Not really I mean too monsters show up that kinda thing happens in DC all the time anyway marvel has its own godzilla it's about time dc got one.

I'm not interested in a silver age, lifting Gojira or Kong and taking them to the moon to calm them down, or however most people assume it "should" happen. I have no interest in that whatsoever. I want a down-power Superman who actually struggles against skyscraper sized creatures, regardless of tactics. That ruins the enjoyment when there is an instant solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not interested in a silver age, lifting Gojira or Kong and taking them to the moon to calm them down, or however most people assume it "should" happen. I have no interest in that whatsoever. I want a down-power Superman who actually struggles against skyscraper sized creatures, regardless of tactics. That ruins the enjoyment when there is an instant solution.
    But what you’re “interested in” doesn’t tally with the OP’s basis for this Rumble. Which is what we’re discussing here.

Do you have any particular views on how you think things will progress with the Rumble as laid out above?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Superman by himself can take out the whole Monsterverse. One punch from current Superman would obliterate Godzilla.
    This.

The only way to make this a fair fight is to put Godzilla in the Golden Age (which I would rather see) or have certain heroes like Superman and Green Lantern (At least Hal) removed from the board or disabled.

Astonishing Member

If you go to the Golden Age, you'd better disqualify Spectre and Fate. Spectre could be as big as G with G having nothing to affect him, for instance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ok, then Wonder Woman or Green Lantern or Supergirl just brings Godzilla and Kong to the moon instead, or Flash uses 1 of his bazillion Speed Force abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This.

The only way to make this a fair fight is to put Godzilla in the Golden Age (which I would rather see) or have certain heroes like Superman and Green Lantern (At least Hal) removed from the board or disabled.
    This is also Golden Age Superman:

And this is Golden Age Wonder Woman:

What they will likely do in the crossover is making Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Flash, and probably even Cyborg just job like crazy.

Wouldn't final wars godzilla be able to fight superman for a little?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wouldn't final wars godzilla be able to fight superman for a little?
    Just Superman, maybe. The JLA with Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Supergirl, Flash, and a few others, not even in it's dreams.