Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Default Why haven’t the x-men looked into what’s happening with Karima?

They don’t know that her mind has been replaced by her future counterpart, but the last time she was their enemy it was because she was possessed by another entity so why aren’t they assuming something similar has happened to make her work with Orchis?

At this point acting suspicious or behaving wildly out of character isn't even something the X-men notice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    At this point acting suspicious or behaving wildly out of character isn't even something the X-men notice anymore.
    that is kinda true. Why did nobody really cared about Beast's ugly development for so long?

Moira who? I don't think this character has any relationship with any X-Men or New Mutants, I can think of.

also Storm suddenly has a new attitude of: I don't care about earth anymore. I'm now only responsible for Arakko.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    They don’t know that her mind has been replaced by her future counterpart, but the last time she was their enemy it was because she was possessed by another entity so why aren’t they assuming something similar has happened to make her work with Orchis?
    bc she always defaults to betraying them

*Hickman's voice* "That seems like a story to be told. That'll be 4.99$, please."

They probably just assumed Hellion gave her brain damage. And just like Hellion, they decided to abandon her because helping is too much effort
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    that is kinda true. Why did nobody really cared about Beast's ugly development for so long?

Moira who? I don't think this character has any relationship with any X-Men or New Mutants, I can think of.

also Storm suddenly has a new attitude of: I don't care about earth anymore. I'm now only responsible for Arakko.
    I’m sure Storm’s overcompensating because she doesn’t want a repeat of what happened during her Morlock leadership.

A friend of mine raised a theory that X-Men editorial staff doesn't read the white pages with texts.

So they don't know why Karima became evil. That's why she's been replaced by a robot Moira.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How could they notice others doing it when they don't even notice it in themselves? "Since when have we cared about friends who aren't mutants?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    A friend of mine raised a theory that X-Men editorial staff doesn't read the white pages with texts.

So they don't know why Karima became evil. That's why she's been replaced by a robot Moira.
    It was revealed in Inferno outside of the white pages.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    The only one who really cares about Karima is Neal Sharra, and he's been jumping up and down off-panel for the last three years trying to get someone's *anyone's* attention, but they are all wrapped up in doing **** all about the imminent threats of Orchis, Sinister, Xeno, Beast being evil, Hordeculture hacking their gates, Curse and Nature Girl being poster-girls for 'mutants are evil psycho terrorists,' Shadow King, Malice, Selene, Shaw, etc., etc.

So, yeah. Item number 26 on the list of things that one of the hundred and fifty mutants doing nothing and barely getting a speaking line in this age of Krakoa could have been looking into, or even vaguely curious about, if not actually doing something to address, but instead... weren't.

They also just kicked Danger to the curb the second that they got their island and nobody bothered to take notice. This era has been really weird when it comes to the treatment of the X-Men’s non mutant friends. Shame that’s not one of the things that they’ve been called on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    They also just kicked Danger to the curb the second that they got their island and nobody bothered to take notice. This era has been really weird when it comes to the treatment of the X-Men’s non mutant friends. Shame that’s not one of the things that they’ve been called on yet.
    Yeah one weird thing... Karima is actually one of the rare non-Mutant ACOLYTES! She's done a LOT of stuff... as a hero.

Also the key aspect of the character... is that Karima is a police officer who used to work in Calcutta.

Which is the weird part.... the evil sentinel personality is anything BUT that!

I don't think "her Omega Sentinel programming finally took full control" is that hard for them to understand or requires much follow-up.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think "her Omega Sentinel programming finally took full control" is that hard for them to understand or requires much follow-up.
    Except they’ve undone her programming before to restore her mind, why wouldn’t they try again?