Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

That doesn't change the fact that he's not an original Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or, if it had been after the Hellfire Gala, and therefore Steve was already on a different Avengers team...

As it is, issues 1 and 2 seem to be before the Gala but #3 is after it because Tony's armor has changed. Him meeting up with Steve and Rogue in his latest solo issue (set on the day of the Gala) was explicitly the last time he'd be using the old one. He planned to surrender it to Feilong but ended up using it to evacuate a depowered (inhibitor collared) Emma Frost.

Yeah I think that's definitely the intention. MacKay actually said his original intention for issue #2 was to have it set at the Gala, with the scenes of Carol & Kang talking intact but the action scenes being Gala-focused instead. But the scheduling didn't align.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Good for Cap!! While Logan is always kept busy, it's amazing his sanity has held up for this long...

The incredible life of Logan Madrox.

Peace

Recently, I've been re-reading the first run of Secret Avengers, by Brubaker and Deodato. Frankly, I hate the multiple teams fad, however, I do like the idea of Cap leading a Covert Ops team, something that, IMHO, doesn't mesh with the Avengers. So, maybe we can have Cap lead a new Strikeforce, ot a new Order. Maybe a team like this:

Captain America - Steve Rogers, the super-soldier. Honestly, I don't like many heroes sharing the same code-name. IMHO, this whole trend of multiple teams and multiple bearers of a mantle is lazy and lacks creativity. Steve IS Captain America (Sam is PROUDLY the Falcon). However, in a covert team, perhaps his Commander Rogers role would be a better fit (and, I have to say, I like that costume).
    Dr. Pym, the Scientific Adventurer - Hank Pym is brought back to the MU, however, after all he's been through, he'd rather stick to the sidelines and help on a scientific capacity. He's the team scientific mind, and although he is still a force to contend with, with his shrunken arsenal and his ability to shrink and grow stuff, he prefers no to go on the field. However, this time, shrinking and growing are no longer detrimental to his health, so he still agrees to help when extremely necessary.
    The Red Wasp - Nadia Van Dyne-Pym. For the chance to work alongside her father, and to get to better know him, Nadia agrees to be the team's infiltrator as well as a lab partner for Dr. Pym. In honor of not having shared codenames, let's call her Red Wasp.
    Spider-Woman - Jessica Drew. As a former operative for both, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra, Jess is a key player in this covert team. Her strength, agility, flight capability and deadly venom blast also make her a force to be reckoned with.
    Blade, the vampire hunter. - Eric Brooks. A human-vampire hybrid with all the strengths but none of the weaknesses of a traditional vampire, Blade has dedicated his life to destroying the occult world of vampires and all who associate with them, and, although he'd rather be the lone wolf, his deal with Captain America is, he helps the team, and the team agrees to back him up in his mission when he needs it. Blade is particularly useful when dealing with supernatural threats.
    She-Hulk - Jennifer Walters has always been a trusted friend and ally for Steve Rogers. Always a great team player, though not very inconspicuous at 7 ft tall and bright green, as a Hulk, she is the heavy muscle of team.
    Darkhawk - As a teenager, Chris Powell discovered an amulet allowing him to don the alien armor of Darkhawk. Belonging to an ancient sect of Shi'ar assassins known as the Fraternity of Raptors, it provides immense protective and fighting power to its wearer. Powell also has a deal in place with Rogers. He places the armor's devastating firepower at the team's service, in exchange for Pym helping him explore and control the many new armor configurations he has discovered, and the team having his back against the Raptor Fraternity and the various other forces that covet his amulet. Chris develops a strong crush on Nadia.

This kind of team might be intresting for Cap, while Sam and Carol are in the spotlight in the main Avengers book.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 08-11-2023 at 12:43 PM.