Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Imagine the FF watching the Gala at home. Franklin sees the horror, and his dad stretches over to him and says, "See? Aren't you glad you're not like them anymore? And I bet Xavier is kicking himself for not using my gene-hiding device. "

And then Reed realizes his son isn't there, Franklin was transported to the future and the two won't be able to meet for another year. All Reed has is his sense of superiority.
    Franklin and Val are currently not around on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by French X-man View Post
    In the solicitation of COTV #2, the Shiars attack Earth and are stopped by the children, it is a response that they have lost their mutant allies from Earth, for Izzi the death of her husband.
    Interesting. I hadn’t considered that as the reason for the Shi’ar attacks, but it does say on the solicit for CotV #2…

WELCOME TO THE TOMORROWTOWNS! The Children of the Vault will bring this world into the future—kicking and screaming! In the wake of the fall of Krakoa, the Children emerge as humankind’s greatest and only saviors, defending Earth from Shi’ar attacks and supernatural sightings alike. And humanity LOVES it. Only Bishop and Cable can see through the Children’s impossible promises—but can these two old enemies work together long enough to stop them? The explosive series continues as mutantkind’s boldest soldiers prepare for war!
    That would make sense actually as the reason for the attacks. If Nathan references Sam’s death and shows some emotion/anger over it I will be surprised, but very pleasantly surprised. And impressed by Deniz Camp as a writer.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm hoping we'll see Izzy and Roberto's reaction in X-men Red.

Vance, definitely, but the Nita we knew from the original New Warriors is dead. Nova brought one back from another timeline, but I don't think we ever found out if she and Angelica were friends. (She said she had just started dating Rich, but she was still white, and the 616 Nita had transformed into her blue Kymera look before they were an actual couple. So there were some differences.)
    Yet one more reason I wish the New Warriors were considered more relevant by the X-Offices. Given that the original 616 version of Namorita is in theory still dead, it could be argued that she's in the resurrection queue and there'd be no reason for the Five not to resurrect her given they already made their own ruling to defy the 'no doubles' rule as irrelevant when there are two distinct versions of a person.

But also I'm very curious as to whether the many mutant New Warriors - none of whom have been shown on Krakoa to date, aside from Angelica herself - ended up resisting Xavier's compulsion or were too far from a gate to go through, or whether Vance, Namorita (who is still a mutant even if she's not the original 616 one), Timeslip, Silhouette, etc, ended up going through the gates and getting stuck with Krakoans wherever they ended up. That has the potential to be very interesting. A lot of people speculated that Fall of X might end with Krakoa still existing but many mutants (such as a number of X-Men) being disillusioned with it and so going back to live among humanity, reopening the school, etc.....essentially splitting Krakoa or diluting the mutant solidarity aspect of the Krakoan era's initial premise.

But theoretically, we could be looking at the exact opposite for the post FoX status quo. This could actually end up further cementing the need for mutant solidarity as even mutants who previously had no interest in Krakoa or felt they were going about things the wrong way end up lumped in with the rest and it hammers home for mutantkind that no matter how they personally define their allegiances or their relationship with the greater mutant community, to their enemies, all mutants will always be one and the same. They'll never make a distinction when it comes time for them to try yet again to wipe out the entire mutant race.....thus perhaps leading mutants to even further solidify post FoX, deciding that while they may disagree with how mutantkind's leaders like Xavier and the Quiet Council went about things, the solution will never be to just keep their distance from the mutant community as a whole and expect that they'll be viewed as just an exception to the mutants Orchis and others have actual beef with.....but rather if they disagree with mutantkind's overall approach, the better option for them is TO get involved and make changes along the lines of what they think should happen instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Yeah especially since Pietro will actually be involved through Uncanny Avengers. Realistically we should get a Lorna + Wanda+ Pietro reunion here but who knows if that will happen. It wouldn't be the first time they botch that in this era.
    Why not since its literally open season on baseline humans and human mutants alike -- why not allow, Wanda, and Pietro to partake in the Fall of X?

Just how the members of "Dark..." X-Men wound up in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Franklin and Val are currently not around on Earth.
    That was @Rift’s point
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Since she was literally right there, wish we would've seen Monet call out for Jubilee

I want to see the reaction of the weird BDSM mutants from the Xtreme X-Men underground fighting arena arc with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable wanting to know where the F his daughter went.
    That's a good point. When Kamala was resurrected, she said she can't get used to Scott being so old - he pointed out that due to time travel shenanigans, his son (Cable) is an old man. He didn't mention that Hope, who was right there being one of the Five, is his granddaughter!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The whole Nita thing is a mess that needs clearing up.

Nita was last seen in the pages of FF (last year I think?) When all the former FF members came together. And there she was, on panel.

And in the cancelled new Warriors series, there was a Nita present.... but who knows if that was the time displaced Nita or a resurrected Nita.
    I assume it's the time displaced one - at this point I think they changed history when he saved her and nobody would remember her being in the New Warriors reality show. She was plucked from some time before the 2005 New Warriors series, and obviously after the start of the 1989 series, else she wouldn't have known Rich at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Vance, definitely, but the Nita we knew from the original New Warriors is dead. Nova brought one back from another timeline, but I don't think we ever found out if she and Angelica were friends. (She said she had just started dating Rich, but she was still white, and the 616 Nita had transformed into her blue Kymera look before they were an actual couple. So there were some differences.)
    If she knows Rich at all, she's also friends with Angelica - given that all three were founding New Warriors. I believe she's taken from right before that transformation, thus the only thing she doesn't remember is that 2005 series and Civil War. She's been back on Earth since the end of Yost's New Warriors series about a decade ago - them finding her was an aborted arc and a flash forward at the end showed an expanded roster with her on it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I would really like to see some follow up with Shogo… and also Logan’s reaction to Jubilee’s death.
    I'm surprised that Logan wasn't the first killed with Moria's mutant cure cocktail to prove it effectiveness.

Namor appears on the shore of Krakoa, looks at all the rubble and corpses around him, finds Xavier and puts his hand on Xavier's shoulder.

N: Boy for the supposed gods and inheritors of earth you guys sure do get decimated a lot.
    X: You're a mutant too you @$$.
    N: Yet my kingdom still stands tall.

Meanwhile Atlantis gets destroyed for the billionth time because Marvel loves its drama.

I'd like to add Tommy "Speed" Shepard to the mix of "reactions I need to see" please.

Were Pietro not on the Uncanny roster, I would have enjoyed seeing Tommy fill that speedster slot.

Lois’ reaction to Allison (if Lois is still alive)
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ororo's reaction to Hellfire Gala, when she is in the middle of her own war.

And I'm also curious how the Uncanny Avengers team is going to work, having mutants on it and them not being able to expose themselves to the public.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Hope to see various reactions to events of The Hellfire Gala.

Izzy’s response to Sam’s death.

Vance and Nita’s response to Angelica on Orchis.

Wanda’s response to it all.

Fantastic Four and Franklin.
    This plot might be resolved before Franklin and Valeria come back in F4.
    "Cable was right!"