Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 'Realm of X' #1 preview Unleashes Mutant Mayhem on Vanaheim

Finally ! Marrow !!
    This looks chaotic ! Love that Mary is not letting go of her glass

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I love how the girls look. No honory statue for Magik though and Typhoid laughing about it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Orcs ridings boar wolves, big attacking birds and Marrow saving a child. I'm very intrigued by this preview. Dani looks beautiful.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This has the makings of a fun Asgardian adventure in the spirit of the original New Mutants. I'm not familiar with the writer but I'm ready to be astonished!

Didn't Marrow and Mary worked together at some point in Weapon X when Mary played the Jean teaser ?

Astonishing Member

Not quite sold on the art, but it looks good enough that if the writing is solid aswell it will work out just fine.

Turns out they really have to jump right into action wearing their gala outfits. Seems seperately chosing "simple elegance" instead of overly elaborate was the right choice for them this time.

Some nitpicks about Marrow. The six large spikes on the back design always felt awkward in my opinion, especially in that kind of size. They interfer too much with the visual dynamic of her movement (notice how the lower two have to disappear on the last pannel to make the scene work?). As far as visual striking bone growths go the first years one looked better. Perhaps they will be changed when they get into their regular outfits. Not a fan of the haircut either.

Thinking about better cloth for the situation. Mary might only need to ditch the coat (or cut off everything below the shoulders) and it wouldn't be all that different from what she normaly wears in combat.

So someone not only forsaw these events and their arrival, but felt it was so important that they spend a lot of time and effort making 4 exact statues of them? That's foreboding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Didn't Marrow and Mary worked together at some point in Weapon X when Mary played the Jean teaser ?
    They didn't and from what i recall Mary never appeared in Frank Tieri's Weapon X series at all. The only other female member on the team was Aurora.

Infact prior to the Krakoa status quo Marrow has never interacted with any members of this team and even then only Magik via the short lived Dark Riders

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Not quite sold on the art, but it looks good enough that if the writing is solid aswell it will work out just fine.

Turns out they really have to jump right into action wearing their gala outfits. Seems seperately chosing "simple elegance" instead of overly elaborate was the right choice for them this time.

Some nitpicks about Marrow. The six large spikes on the back design always felt awkward in my opinion, especially in that kind of size. They interfer too much with the visual dynamic of her movement (notice how the lower two have to disappear on the last pannel to make the scene work?). As far as visual striking bone growths go the first years one looked better. Perhaps they will be changed when they get into their regular outfits. Not a fan of the haircut either.

Thinking about better cloth for the situation. Mary might only need to ditch the coat (or cut off everything below the shoulders) and it wouldn't be all that different from what she normaly wears in combat.

So someone not only forsaw these events and their arrival, but felt it was so important that they spend a lot of time and effort making 4 exact statues of them? That's foreboding.

They didn't and from what i recall Mary never appeared in Frank Tieri's Weapon X series at all. The only other female member on the team was Aurora.

Infact prior to the Krakoa status quo Marrow has never interacted with any members of this team and even then only Magik via the short lived Dark Riders
    Wasn't Mary "Mutant Zero" in that ? Or was it un another book ? My memory is fuzzy.
    Edit : ah no it was during Gyrich's Initiative. Mixing up things as usual.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Wasn't Mary "Mutant Zero" in that ? Or was it un another book ? My memory is fuzzy.
    Edit : ah no it was during Gyrich's Initiative. Mixing up things as usual.
    Yes. Mutant Zero was post Decimination. Hence the name, because she was the first mutant recognized to still have her powers after M-Day.

On a related note Weapon X isn't really a series worth remembering in my opinion. Everyone involved or even uninvolved like the X-men came out looking worse, except for Sabertooth.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Mutant Zero was part of The Initiative, when no one had any idea who it was. Actually Mary was way more cool as Mutant Zero to be honest.

Though Mary is no stranger in the X-Men though, as she was once part of the Madelyne's Sisterhood.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

No way is Dani pulling off those moves in a tight dress. She must have a telekinetic lifting her up and flying her around.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

This looks like the big fun fantasy quest that Tini Howard seemed unable to actually write.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    No way is Dani pulling off those moves in a tight dress. She must have a telekinetic lifting her up and flying her around.
    Dani is an illusion caster for all we know she never bothered to get a new outfit for the gala and is running around in her pajamas.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think this looks good.

Love seeing Dani using her psychic rapport with animals (at least that's what I think is happening).
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-03-2023 at 06:36 AM.