Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    No offense but since you haven't read the current JSA you don't know what Johns has done to either character. For the record Johns isn't the one making big changes to PG. That's happening in Action Comics and other titles. As a long time PG fan I'm glad for the current exposure she's getting. So far, even with the added powers, nothing has happened to negate her connection to the Earth 2 Superman. In fact the whole push seems to be to tie her more directly into the Superman Family which I love. She's even wearing an S-shield on her jacket which I'm not 100% digging. Regardless none of that stuff is being written by Johns.
    Well, the comments above indicate tying PG to 1970s is due to Johns -- or at least is being written by him. Also, I do occasionally talk to another collector who is reading the series -- which maybe is fair to Johns, but DC's trouble with continuity is one of the things that keeps me from reading their current books.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    From my perspective, Power Girl should always be connected to the original Superman -- who eventually became the Superman of Earth 2. That's part of her appeal -- the definitive link to the very first and arguably most well-known super heroes. Whenever I watch those old Fleisher movies, I can't help but think this is Power Girl's cousin in his younger days. I'm not reading this series and everything I read about it makes me glad I'm not. I don't get why Johns is doing what he is doing to Karen (not Paige) and Helena.
    Well...there's nothing necessarily saying she still isn't, given her status as a 'temporal anomaly' now.

That said, from a brand perspective, Power Girl hadn't really been tied to the Superman franchise for a long time, at least not until very recently. Contrast this with Huntress who, even though her backstory was completely reimagined, remained solidly part of the Batman franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    No offense but since you haven't read the current JSA you don't know what Johns has done to either character. For the record Johns isn't the one making big changes to PG. That's happening in Action Comics and other titles. As a long time PG fan I'm glad for the current exposure she's getting. So far, even with the added powers, nothing has happened to negate her connection to the Earth 2 Superman. In fact the whole push seems to be to tie her more directly into the Superman Family which I love. She's even wearing an S-shield on her jacket which I'm not 100% digging. Regardless none of that stuff is being written by Johns.
    The nu52 Earth 2 series also had PG using a Superman Shield logo. I get that DC is trying to connect her with the Supes franchise to build notability, but some old-timers like me remember this as a big defining moment in Power Girl's characterization.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Incredible Member

I wonder when they are planning on giving us the official lineup of the team. Or are we just supposed to assume it's a fluid day-to-day situation, depending on who is around? Maybe that falls out in the next issue.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Very predictable stuff. Johns had good ingredients but didn’t know what do with them.
    I do like that they at least explained that PG is also here because of a paradox. She should be from an alternate past like the first version of the Metaverse to be a mirror to Huntress being from an alternate future.
    And which Hawkgirl was that supposed to be? The design was closer to Kendra’s but she was colored white and was with Carter, so it should have been Shiera/Shayera.
    After reading the Huntress mini series from the New 52 era I would love to see that version of Helena Wayne that being said I thought that Solomon Grundy & the Gentleman Ghost as members was brilliant thus possibly leading to the start of the spinoff of the Justice Society Dark which has so much potential
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 08-10-2023 at 08:11 AM.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The nu52 Earth 2 series also had PG using a Superman Shield logo. I get that DC is trying to connect her with the Supes franchise to build notability, but some old-timers like me remember this as a big defining moment in Power Girl's characterization.

Oh yeah I remember this too since it was my introduction to her. When I mentioned her now wearing the shield on her jacket I didn't say I agreed with that decision. I am glad she's finally getting some much needed attention even if I don't like everything that they're doing with her.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I wonder when they are planning on giving us the official lineup of the team. Or are we just supposed to assume it's a fluid day-to-day situation, depending on who is around? Maybe that falls out in the next issue.
    Do current super-teams even have defined membership? My take is that memberships are very fluid and the days of a first page roster list are long gone.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    After reading the Huntress mini series from the New 52 era I would love to see that version of Helena Wayne that being said I thought that Solomon Grundy & the Gentleman Ghost as members was brilliant thus possibly leading to the start of the spinoff of the Justice Society Dark which has so much potential
    But we already have seen JSDark being mentioned in issue #2 in a flashback (flash-forward, actually) to January 13, 1941.

Solomon Grundy and Gentleman Ghost were seen as part of the JSA 25 years in the future, so they don't necessarily have any major connection in the "present".