Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

They should have let Waid write this event, the Mary Marvel tie in was fantastic.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Anyone else tired of Corrupted or Twisted DC Heroes being the Villains for Major Events???

I mean...Every. Single. Event....it feels like the "Hench Villains" who appear More than the Main Villain, are just Heroes Corrupted to be Villains.....I mean....it is honestly Funny that they appear to forget that they have Plenty of Villains that Nightmare (edit: sorry...Insomnia.............rolled my eyes so hard right there lmao) could have Corrupted instead....but then again, Williamson DID just finish up a "Corrupt the Villains" Event...so.....there ya go. smh
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Anyone else tired of Corrupted or Twisted DC Heroes being the Villains for Major Events???

I mean...Every. Single. Event....it feels like the "Hench Villains" who appear More than the Main Villain, are just Heroes Corrupted to be Villains.....I mean....it is honestly Funny that they appear to forget that they have Plenty of Villains that Nightmare (edit: sorry...Insomnia.............rolled my eyes so hard right there lmao) could have Corrupted instead....but then again, Williamson DID just finish up a "Corrupt the Villains" Event...so.....there ya go. smh
    It's definitely a comic book trope that I'm sick of seeing over and over. I'm also really beyond over comic book events in general. Not thrilled that DC is going straight from Knight Terrors into Beast World or whatever it's called. Just tell some good and entertaining stories.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    It's definitely a comic book trope that I'm sick of seeing over and over. I'm also really beyond over comic book events in general. Not thrilled that DC is going straight from Knight Terrors into Beast World or whatever it's called. Just tell some good and entertaining stories.
    it honestly sounds like they are at "We need to Write a bunch of different story types to appeal to those genre fans with our characters and then hope we keep some when we move on to the next genre in 2 months"......1st time hearing about "Beast World" heh

It is a lot of fun to post our criticism....i mean Negative Feedback heh
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Probably unsurprising to people because I like Dark Crisis, but yeah I like this. If I didn’t I’d have dropped it after the first issue.

For the main event I do genuinely like a mystery surrounding who exactly Insomnia is and what the Nightmare stone is. Because it connects to a fair deal of pay dc comic storylines and events while utilizing characters I like that don’t get a lot of love. The headliners are literally Deadman and Sandman, who are characters I really like.

Also I don’t hate the tie ins, for the most part I’m only picking up stories from series I was reading already (Shazam, Green Lantern, Batman, Action Comics, Titans, Nightwing, and Superman) with the exception of Ravager and Zatanna. Doesn’t feel like an overly long interruption and it looks like quite a few of the stories will play out later in the series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So, this thing wraps up this coming Tuesday?