Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default So What Do You Guys Want In ASM And Spider-Man In General

Instead of bitching about the Wells run lets talk about what we want.

I want for characters like the Looter and Aunt Anna to be more fleshed out. Besides stopping all the fuckery with the Peter/MJ relationship.

I just want a good story with characters I like that inspire me and make me root for these characters to triumph and beat the odds. That growth is good. That respect for who these characters are and what they represent is worthy of care and support. That devils and gods can’t kill love and kindness and heroism.

I don’t feel like that’s too much to ask.

I want Peter and Hellion's student-teacher relationship to be acknowledged, and the two to become partners in crime-stopping again.

I also want Paper Doll. To what extent, it doesn't matter. I just want more of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I'm probably not in line with a ton of people, and certainly not Marvel.

But . . .

I want Spider-Man much more cordoned off from the rest of the MU. Not in the Avengers. I want his interactions with the greater MU to be limited to FF, Daredevil, and the Defenders types. (Can still have occasional appearances by Captain America or others, but mostly keep Spidey as a neighborhood hero.)

I want less events. Smaller stories. Street level. More stuff where Spidey/Peter is interacting with people in the neighborhood and helping out ordinary people.

I want the marriage back, mostly because it already happened and this is all cognitive dissonance. (I don't, however, want them to have kids in 616).

I want Peter's supporting cast to be (mostly) normal humans.

And I want an ongoing book for an alternate timeline for Spider-Man, earlier in his career, like Ultimate Spider-Man or Spidey.

It would also be nice to have a lot more stories that are only two issues.
    Last edited by Tuck; 08-01-2023 at 05:22 PM.

I’d like some lesser known villains like the Shocker and the Scorpion to get fleshed out. Enough with goblin and ock for a bit. Let’s shine a light on someone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    I’d like some lesser known villains like the Shocker and the Scorpion to get fleshed out. Enough with goblin and ock for a bit. Let’s shine a light on someone else.
    Spidey has dozens of villains that could use more fleshing out as a threat

I want Peter to have a permanent job and I want Spider-Man to become a leader of the Avengers for a run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

- The Spider-heroes create a text group to update themselves and some allies on what to watch out for and what’s going down; this mostly takes the place of any recap page, but also supplies some fun sitcom style subplots and occasionally meta-commentary while establishing their rapport with each other. I’d also throw in Daredevil as a member of the text group to the mild consternation of some members but the general enjoyment of others; he would supply a complete outsiders POV, and occasionally worried legal advice (particularly with Kaine).

- Peter and MJ take another crack at dating, time push through crazy shut that happens - and become aware that waaaaaay too much **** seems to happen almost like it’s aiming to keep them apart. Aunt May simultaneously begins to have moments of deja vu and dreams that hint at something being wrong, particularly since a nice but mischievous young man in green who plays cards with her every week keeps saying things that pick at her memory - and he met her and took to playing cards with her because he owed her nephew a favor, and seems to mysteriously vanish whenever Thor is getting up to anything on the TV…

- Green Goblin’s latest explosion into a major Big Bad ends with him being briefly killed again, and recovering in still severe, nearly paralyzed suffering with a major spinal injury and brain injury… which separates the Norman and Goblin personalities into the amoral but sane businessman aware of Peter’s ID who just wants to retire and live well, and the mad and now embittered against him and kept subdued through drugs Goblin, both confined to a recovery bed, wheelchair, or walker for some serious amount of time. Norman’s main preoccupation would be making money, and manipulating Peter through blackmail while simultaneously trying to avoid drawing too much of his wrath… while Goblin plots and schemes in the occasional moments of lucidity he can scrape away.

- With Goblin out of commission, and mildly better communication between the Spider-heroes who oppose them, the super criminals have to organize a bit; Doc Ock and some others start fighting for power, but a new, more blue-collar and pragmatic Secret Six forms out of Shocker, Chameleon, Ana Kravinoff, Rhino, Sandman, and Beetle to just try and make money and offer each other “superhero insurance”… largely successfully. Shocker’s more the leader because he’s so practical, Beetle is their “face” and most ambitious member, Rhino and Sandman are the muscle, and Chameleon is tutoring Ana is making her family legacy more practical and her own. They become recurring but slippery and tough foes rather than an anti-Spider-Man alliance, and are a “crew” rather than a Syndicate.

- There’s a “Spiders’ Web” book that acts as an anthology and “family” book, intermixing solo adventure for the various heroes with occasional odd-couple team ups; it would *really* examine how much they are or aren’t capable of being team players, etc.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 08-01-2023 at 06:37 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    - The Spider-heroes create a text group to update themselves and some allies on what to watch out for and what’s going down; this mostly takes the place of any recap page, but also supplies some fun sitcom style subplots and occasionally meta-commentary while establishing their rapport with each other. I’d also throw in Daredevil as a member of the text group to the mild consternation of some members but the general enjoyment of others; he would supply a complete outsiders POV, and occasionally worried legal advice (particularly with Kaine).

- Peter and MJ take another crack at dating, time push through crazy shut that happens - and become aware that waaaaaay too much **** seems to happen almost like it’s aiming to keep them apart. Aunt May simultaneously begins to have moments of deja vu and dreams that hint at something being wrong, particularly since a nice but mischievous young man in green who plays cards with her every week keeps saying things that pick at her memory - and he met her and took to playing cards with her because he owed her nephew a favor, and seems to mysteriously vanish whenever Thor is getting up to anything on the TV…

- Green Goblin’s latest explosion into a major Big Bad ends with him being briefly killed again, and recovering in still severe, nearly paralyzed suffering with a major spinal injury and brain injury… which separates the Norman and Goblin personalities into the amoral but sane businessman aware of Peter’s ID who just wants to retire and live well, and the mad and now embittered against him and kept subdued through drugs Goblin, both confined to a recovery bed, wheelchair, or walker for some serious amount of time. Norman’s main preoccupation would be making money, and manipulating Peter through blackmail while simultaneously trying to avoid drawing too much of his wrath… while Goblin plots and schemes in the occasional moments of lucidity he can scrape away.

- With Goblin out of commission, and mildly better communication between the Spider-heroes who oppose them, the super criminals have to organize a bit; Doc Ock and some others start fighting for power, but a new, more blue-collar and pragmatic Secret Six forms out of Shocker, Chameleon, Ana Kravinoff, Rhino, Sandman, and Beetle to just try and make money and offer each other “superhero insurance”… largely successfully. Shocker’s more the leader because he’s so practical, Beetle is their “face” and most ambitious member, Rhino and Sandman are the muscle, and Chameleon is tutoring Ana is making her family legacy more practical and her own. They become recurring but slippery and tough foes rather than an anti-Spider-Man alliance, and are a “crew” rather than a Syndicate.

- There’s a “Spiders’ Web” book that acts as an anthology and “family” book, intermixing solo adventure for the various heroes with occasional odd-couple team ups; it would *really* examine how much they are or aren’t capable of being team players, etc.
    I want this guy writing The Amazing Spider-Man.

Probably:

- Stop wasting time on forced "will they or won't they" drama with MJ.

- Peter actually being a capable and competent Superhero who can generally resolve the conflicts in his own book.

- Actually focus on Peter's civilian life (and give him an actual job).

- Focus on the Rogues Gallery without stealing the spotlight away from Peter.

- Minimal guest stars and events.

BANNED

-Let Peter and MJ be happy. No more forced relationship drama or breakups. Bring back the marriage. At this point, I don't care if OMD is addressed or not. Just let them be married.

-Peter being a confident hero that can handle challenges. I don't want him to always win, but he shouldn't be acting like a rookie. He's a seasoned hero at this point. Make him act like it.

-Evolve his personal life. Let him start teaching again.

-Let MJ have more career stuff. More movie roles, more acting related things (interviews, magazines, etc)

-Stop with the big huge events. Do more grounded, street level things. I've had enough of complete Marvel Universe ending events to last a life time at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably:

- Stop wasting time on forced "will they or won't they" drama with MJ.

- Peter actually being a capable and competent Superhero who can generally resolve the conflicts in his own book.

- Actually focus on Peter's civilian life (and give him an actual job).

- Focus on the Rogues Gallery without stealing the spotlight away from Peter.

- Minimal guest stars and events.
    All of this… plus:

Fix Ben Reilly

Kill Paul

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Less events. Just good straight forward Super Hero stories. Shorter stories. Peter and MJ back being married with no break up drama every 5 issues. Black Cat q partner fighting crime no dating. No more Spiderverse. More Peter time away from spidey. Such as a stable Job that still allows Spider-man time. Him figuring out how to stop a crime or Super villain that isnt just punching them in the face lol. Less top villains. New villains please.
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

I mainly want they stop treating Peter Parker as if he was Peter Pan.

It's time to let him grow up and stop making his life miserable. I want the Spider-Marriage restored, and Peter and MJ having a child.

Having a family is the biggest adventure of life, and in case of a "spider-family", it will definitely be an amazing adventure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'm probably not in line with a ton of people, and certainly not Marvel.

But . . .

I want Spider-Man much more cordoned off from the rest of the MU. Not in the Avengers. I want his interactions with the greater MU to be limited to FF, Daredevil, and the Defenders types. (Can still have occasional appearances by Captain America or others, but mostly keep Spidey as a neighborhood hero.)

I want less events. Smaller stories. Street level. More stuff where Spidey/Peter is interacting with people in the neighborhood and helping out ordinary people.

I want the marriage back, mostly because it already happened and this is all cognitive dissonance. (I don't, however, want them to have kids in 616).

I want Peter's supporting cast to be (mostly) normal humans.

And I want an ongoing book for an alternate timeline for Spider-Man, earlier in his career, like Ultimate Spider-Man or Spidey.

It would also be nice to have a lot more stories that are only two issues.
    This is also a good summary of the changes needed.